Trinity Award Winners From IN ?

JMILL

Does anyone know if in the 18 year history of the Trinity Award for the following tournaments (Tulsa Kickoff, Tulsa Nationals and Reno Worlds)anyone from IN has achieved the elusive Trinity Award ???

Indiana and CWA has 2 wrestlers this weekend attempting to do this after both previously winning Tulsa Kickoff and Tulsa Nationals. 

They are both headed now out to Reno for this weekends Reno Worlds.

Let's get behind these guys and support them from the whole state of IN wrestling...............Nate Rioux Intermediate 50 & Parker Reynolds intermediate 60

Huge congrats to these guys and good luck to both in this quest for the Trinity Award !!!!!

***also to note both from #TheCounty #CWA #ParrishTrained

Edited by JMILL

I don't believe we have had anyone in around the past 10 years earn the Award.  I do recall that a few IN wrestlers have won one or two of those tournaments in the past, but I don't believe anyone won all three.  So, I'd be surprised if anyone prior to that time period has.  I'd say the cost and time commitment of travel (they are on the other side of the country) may have hindered a few of our past studs from attending all three events.  None the less those are all seriously tough national youth competitions, so even getting close to winning the Trinity Award is a big accomplishment for Rioux and Reynolds.

Will post results Monday but I am certain you can follow on Track Wrestling as its a listed event.......They have both worked very hard so anything the people on this board can do to support them please post away !!!!!

Jacob Moran (Crown Point) 2x Tulsa Ntionals Champ, Kickoff Champion, Reno Champion

2008 TRINTY AWARD WINNER

http://www.worldofwrestling-roller.com/championship-gallery-posters-results-videos/ewExternalFiles/2008%20Trinity%20Award%20Winners.jpg

Wow.... Some great talent won that award in 2008!!!! Edited by Mattyb

Did you know Mark Grey won Tulsa 8 or 9 times with tons of trinity awards....and went on to Blair then to Cornell to wrestle and was only a 2x NCAA Quailifer never a AA

Lane is the Professor of Wrestling , very interesting

Again ..... Learn something everyday .

Did you know Mark Grey won Tulsa 8 or 9 times with tons of trinity awards....and went on to Blair then to Cornell to wrestle and was only a 2x NCAA Quailifer never a AA

He still has one more year left I believe. Also he has been hindered by injuries most of his collegiate career.

Jacob Moran (Crown Point) 2x Tulsa Ntionals Champ, Kickoff Champion, Reno Champion

2008 TRINTY AWARD WINNER

http://www.worldofwrestling-roller.com/championship-gallery-posters-results-videos/ewExternalFiles/2008%20Trinity%20Award%20Winners.jpg

He is listed as IL and has since moved to IN so guess still no IN kids until we get two this year !!!!!........Go Get 'em Guys

He is listed as IL and has since moved to IN so guess still no IN kids until we get two this year !!!!!........Go Get 'em Guys

So the criteria is that they have to live everyday of their lives in Indiana to qualify? He wrestles in Indiana, he's an Indiana kid. So the feat has been accomplished, but good luck to the next 2 guys as well. By the way he and his brother still wrestle for the Harvey Twisters, so while I know they didn't always live here, the fact that their club is in Illinois could be a bit misleading. The younger Moran, Jonathan has attended an Indiana school since at least 6th grade. 

Ben Stewart won 12u Outstanding wrestler at Tulsa and was part of the World All-Star team that year. I am pretty sure that Chad Red was on the all-star team also that year. I know it is not the Trinity award but the all-star team was based on placement at those tournaments and was an honor. Aside from the horrible drives to Oklahoma, I used to love taking my son to the Roller tournaments.

Congrats to the new generations of little guys getting it done out there and Reno.

Edited by bellrs

And the results are in for the two IN kids that were going for the Trinity Award.............................................

Nate Rioux 1st place finish at Reno and Trinity award winner 

Parker Reynolds 1st place finish at Reno and Trinity award winner

Both appear to be in a category of a select few or alone depending on how you want to look at things.  Taking nothing away form anyone before them or away from the extremely rare accomplishment they have both achieved it appears IN wrestling is getting some young talent out there nationally and that is the MOST IMPORTANT thing to take away from this. 

Congrats to both boys & their families, Contenders Wrestling Academy, Coach Ryan Parrish and #TheCounty

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.