Region Wrestling Acadamy/Cedar Falls

MCKAJC

Contenders Wrestling Academy took 14 wrestlers and finished 3rd with 11 of those placing as All-Americans.  They also took 1st place in the Intermediate division.

Case Bell--National Champion Bantam 50

Parker Reynolds--National Champion Intermediate 60

Revin Dickman--Runner up Intermediate 55

Nate Rioux--3rd Intermediate 50

Cheaney Schoeff--3rd Novice 75

Julian Weems--4th Intermediate 75

Luke Rioux--5th Intermediate 50

Owen Sego--5th SB 105

Lucas Boe--6th Bantam 60

Anthony Rinehart--7th Intermediate 75

Bryce Lowery--8th Novice 75

Carter Bell--Intermediate 60

Reese Courtney--Novice 70

Landon Boe--Novice 85

This is called #ParrishTrained #CWA #TheCounty

RWA also won Schoolboy division with 5 kids.

Jesse Mendez-84- Champ

Stephen Roberson Jr-84-6th

Colton Drousias-91-2nd

Noah Mis-91-3rd

Raymond Ellis-144-2nd

Region little guys also had 2 other scorers:

Rowan Treasurer-Bantam-75-Champ

Devin Roberson-Bantam-65-4th

#nohashtags

I think its safe to say if you use #'s or not that these along with the kids from MCWC and the rest of the kids from the state that have made the Heartland Teams going out to Council Bluffs April 15-17 are going to make some of the best teams we have sent out as a state and potentially make a push for the best ever finish of 3rd place (2013 Matt Brewer coached and lead Team IN squad).  To all IN 6th and under kids going out......................................#LetsDoThis #MakeINproud #Represent

Edited by JMILL

I think its safe to say if you use #'s or not that these along with the kids from MCWC and the rest of the kids from the state that have made the Heartland Teams going out to Council Bluffs April 15-17 are going to make some of the best teams we have sent out as a state and potentially make a push for the best ever finish of 3rd place (2013 Matt Brewer coached and lead Team IN squad).  To all IN 6th and under kids going out......................................#LetsDoThis #MakeINproud #Represent

Would love to see a national championship team!!!! Btw... the group of kids from 2013, also got 3rd in Kingsport, TN in 2012. Best finishes by Indiana teams at both events. Those guys were freshmen this year, and are doing VERY well at the high school level.

If anyone has any doubts about going on these trips, or going to an academy.... just look at these results. Early on, I caught a lot of flack for encouraging my club kids to attend academies (my own kids included). People said that our Avon teams weren't Avon teams... and knocked us for not training the kids full time. Many coaches still are reluctant to support academies. We have 4 coaches in our club that wrestled in the Big 10 (All national qualifiers). With this said, we can only do so much at the club level. Having great clubs, along with being able to attend academies with tons of other state champs to push our kids, is a formula for success. This is what has been working for the Illinois kids for the last decade.

Love seeing these results. Cant wait to go be a part of Middle School National Duals this weekend!!!

#TheState

Edited by Mattyb

Is contenders THE academy in the Indy area? I know there are others, but they do not see to have the visibility and results that contenders gets.

Is contenders THE academy in the Indy area? I know there are others, but they do not see to have the visibility and results that contenders gets.

Yes Contenders and Red Cobra are both located in #TheCounty.

But back to the topic.... RWA is kicking some butt!!! Congrats to those guys.

Interestingly enough we may have a chance to find out the answer to this question............at ISWA state I was talking with Bill Hawkins of RWA and Blake Maurer and Matt Coughlin of MCWC.  They hatched the idea of having an academy team dual somehow with the three academies (including CWA) and we would likely see if a 4th academy (Pride, CIA or Red Cobra wanted to fill the 4th spot). 

In talks with CWA owner/operator Ryan Parrish he was open to the idea also so if the logistics can be worked out this may be something that happens and we can find out who can claim Academy Dominance for State, County and just have a lot of fun watching the future of IN wrestling battle with each other...........Stay Tuned !!!!

That would be sick! I would love to volunteer my mic talents to live commentate the matches!

Well possibly, but you would have to refrain from WWE references......LOL 

Side note...........I have heard OnTheRise219 is real slick on the commentary !!!!..........maybe a dual commentary team ?????

Interestingly enough we may have a chance to find out the answer to this question............at ISWA state I was talking with Bill Hawkins of RWA and Blake Maurer and Matt Coughlin of MCWC.  They hatched the idea of having an academy team dual somehow with the three academies (including CWA) and we would likely see if a 4th academy (Pride, CIA or Red Cobra wanted to fill the 4th spot). 

In talks with CWA owner/operator Ryan Parrish he was open to the idea also so if the logistics can be worked out this may be something that happens and we can find out who can claim Academy Dominance for State, County and just have a lot of fun watching the future of IN wrestling battle with each other...........Stay Tuned !!!!

I think having a state dual tournament would be a cool idea. Our club goes up to Carmel for their duals every year and we love it. You could have a school club division and an academy division. I think there are a few states that do it already, and it's a great way to keep parents and kids involved.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.