Wrestler of the Year

1A- Evan Ellis of Eastern

2A- Brock Hudkins of Danville

3A- Blake Rypel of Cathedral

Mr. Gorilla

2nd runner-up- Drew Hughes of Lowell

1st runner-up- Shawn Streck of Merrillville

Mr. Gorilla- Chad Red of New Palestine

sorry dude. IMO a swing and miss on drew hughes as 2nd runner up. Red is #1 at 132 and won his 4th. But hughes has done it all this season both during and after the hs season. he has been a road warrior as well maxing out his frequent flyer miles "making weight" and winning. Getting his college plans set hasn't slowed him down either. There is NO "dig me" in this kid.  For me if there's a face of IN wrestling the we project to the national wrestling community in 2016 I'll take Drew Hughes!   All that and a bag a chips!!

Edited by MCKAJC

Just about every unbiased indiana wrestling fan in my opinion would concur that chad red is and deserves to be the face of indiana high school wrestling. I think we knew in January that the winner of the red lee match would be Mr Gorilla. Chad not making weight created an opportunity for his critics to take shots. I am not however condoning his lack of making weight but that shouldn't tarnish what he has done for Indiana wrestling. Also if I recall correctly plecther was over at who's number 1. Chad made weight and still wrestled and won. STUD!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.