Pletcher/Red off

TripleB

Again yes chad should of made weight. He is 100% in the wrong for that, but the point im trying to make is you people seriously have been on here since he beat nick talking down on him. I just find it kind of pathetic but hey what do i know.

You see it your way, others see it differently.  The only bashing of Red has come from things HE has done.  Not everyone has to agree on everything, but there is ZERO argument that Chad could have avoided it all had he wanted to.  Being responsible for one's actions comes with maturity in life.  Unfortunately, that is not done often enough in our society and it is easier to blame and attack others (as you are doing here) rather than look at the actual reasons for the comments you don't like.

I've made no secret of my fondness for Red, but I can't defend this incident. He clearly made a series of bad decisions that led to this unfortunate scenario. That said, not only have other elite wrestlers missed weight for ultra-prestigious events like this one, it just happened a couple of weeks ago in the Dream Team matchup. A little anonymous fella named Mason Manville. Obviously, with this being Indiana's foray into big time national events of this nature, Red's mistake stings worse than Manville's.

This is true but also a little misleading.  Fans still got what they paid for as Parriott and Manville wrestled an exhibition match after Parriott had his hand raised for the forfeit.  Manville won the match 4-1.

... it just happened a couple of weeks ago in the Dream Team matchup. A little anonymous fella named Mason Manville...

Not sure how it's misleading. Manville, like red, missed weight at a usa vs minnesota all star match. They competed because parriott agreed to wrestle him and likely without benefit of someone like doster stepping in and up. My post was in response to the claim that it was unheard of for a stud to miss weight at an event like this. Without researching it, I'm almost positive this has happened more than once in the past as well. Again, red made a big series of mistakes here, and I would've loved to see him beat Pletcher again, but hopefully he learns and grows from this.

There is lots of underlying stuff

So what's the deal with red sr.? Is he coaching at Nebraska ? Wouldn't surprise me

At the state final when he posed in front of the camera it was great.

#excitment&comeday

According to the paper out here, he isn't going out to Nebraska. He wants to spend some time with his younger daughter.

Unfortunate situation. Of course individuals on this board are going to speak of it, this is after all a "discussion board".  Part of being an athlete is going to be taking criticism from the public for your actions. I understand these are High School kids, but I think a great learning experience as well for this young man, whom I feel is going to move on to have a very good collegiate career. I don't think what occurred in Pittsburgh can be or should be defended, a mistake was made.  Part of growing up is learning from these mistakes and making sure it does not reoccur.  Good Luck in the future Red Jr., looking forward to seeing you representing Indiana wrestling and how far it has come at the next level.

Unfortunate situation. Of course individuals on this board are going to speak of it, this is after all a "discussion board".  Part of being an athlete is going to be taking criticism from the public for your actions. I understand these are High School kids, but I think a great learning experience as well for this young man, whom I feel is going to move on to have a very good collegiate career. I don't think what occurred in Pittsburgh can be or should be defended, a mistake was made.  Part of growing up is learning from these mistakes and making sure it does not reoccur.  Good Luck in the future Red Jr., looking forward to seeing you representing Indiana wrestling and how far it has come at the next level.

Agree 100 percent.  I dont know what happened in Pennsylvania with Red or Minnesota with Manville.  I'm sure both situations were complex and there is probably much more going on behind the scenes than most of us need to know.  All I know for certain is as a fan I was really looking forward to seeing Red and Pletcher again.  I'm sorry it didnt happen.

This is true but also a little misleading.  Fans still got what they paid for as Parriott and Manville wrestled an exhibition match after Parriott had his hand raised for the forfeit.  Manville won the match 4-1.

This also could have happened in this situation if Pletcher agreed to meet at 140. I know that he made weight and by no means was at fault for no match taking place, but if he truly wanted to wrestle Red, and took it out on Doster, he would have agreed to wrestle up. 

We don't know the details of Manville's weight issue. I did hear he was 9ish pounds over, but that was more hearsay. That is all we know, for all we don't know he could have reimbursed the sponsors for the plane ticket and apologized profusely for blowing weight. Again, we don't know any details and can't compare the situations past missing weight.

If this would have happened when another guest state was there I doubt there would be as much talk. However, we had 14 other wrestlers there and many coaches and fans.

The sad thing is we should be talking about Drew Hughes and his performance on the big stage. He was the talk of the evening after the event amongst the committee members and others in attendance.