Pletcher/Red off

TripleB

Pretty solid rumor is that Red Sr. Proposed meeting at 140 earlier in the week and was rebuffed by Pletcher's camp. So, Pletcher could've had the match if he really wanted it. Doesn't erase Red's weight issue, but makes it clear that Pletcher could've tried for revenge if he really wanted to do so.

Haters gonna hate

Red would have SMASHED pledger IMO. Would have loved to seen the dance celebration.

Anybody know what color was juniors hair?

Why is it hate? that's your word, you have to first care enough to hate, so... I think that removes the word "hate" from this wrestling conversation.

"Pretty solid rumor is that Red Sr. Proposed meeting at 140 earlier in the week and was rebuffed by Pletcher's camp. So, Pletcher could've had the match if he really wanted it. Doesn't erase Red's weight issue, but makes it clear that Pletcher could've tried for revenge if he really wanted to do so."          

Proposed at "140"? why would 3 pounds be a sticking point? Wouldn't seem to make sense. Would it? No offense, but I don't buy it. That would mean that Pletcher knew Red wasn't going to wrestle.

Edited by MCKAJC

Hughes weighed in at 172 on Friday when he got there. He was 3lbs UNDER weight after eating breakfast and lunch before arriving at the hotel. The circumstances behind his placement in the main event were completely different. He wasn't informed of this until about 10am yesterday. Given that he was so light and would have probably at least tried to make 165 even on Friday they committee decided to let him wrestle. On top of that it was the best possible match-up along with Wetzel and his camp agreeing to the match. 

Red dont have to prove himself to you people anymore. To see you people bash so much to this man is sickening seeing that he is from our state. He has won 4 state titles. Won numorous of national events. Been ranked #1 in the country 2 years straight and not to mention has BEATEN pletcher twice. You people show so much hate to someone that does nothing but made our state look good. Now dont get me wrong RED does need some growing up to do. But thats okay he will learn soon enough. Especially having mentors like Burroughs, and Green.

Red has nothing to prove, you are right.

However when you accept an invitation to a prestigious event you make a commitment to also make the weight. The committee paid for his hotel, a FLIGHT, meals, event activities, and gear for him to wrestle. In total he probably received around $750 in perks to wrestle. Then when you show up 9lbs over weight and don't attempt to make it there is a big issue. To compound it we as a state were there and it made not only Red look bad, but our whole state. It was NOT a fun conversation with the committee, nor was it in my itinerary for the weekend. To put it rather bluntly it was an extremely embarrassing situation to be a part of and there is no other way to put it.

Pretty solid rumor is that Red Sr. Proposed meeting at 140 earlier in the week and was rebuffed by Pletcher's camp. So, Pletcher could've had the match if he really wanted it. Doesn't erase Red's weight issue, but makes it clear that Pletcher could've tried for revenge if he really wanted to do so.

yea...thats what i would have wanted to do...wrestle Red and let him have extra weight and not have to cut.   Brilliant! 

Red has nothing to prove, you are right.

However when you accept an invitation to a prestigious event you make a commitment to also make the weight. The committee paid for his hotel, a FLIGHT, meals, event activities, and gear for him to wrestle. In total he probably received around $750 in perks to wrestle. Then when you show up 9lbs over weight and don't attempt to make it there is a big issue. To compound it we as a state were there and it made not only Red look bad, but our whole state. It was NOT a fun conversation with the committee, nor was it in my itinerary for the weekend. To put it rather bluntly it was an extremely embarrassing situation to be a part of and there is no other way to put it.

I think this sums it up best.   I know CJ will pull it together in college but he made a mistake here.   Lets just hope he learns from it.

Red dont have to prove himself to you people anymore. To see you people bash so much to this man is sickening seeing that he is from our state. He has won 4 state titles. Won numorous of national events. Been ranked #1 in the country 2 years straight and not to mention has BEATEN pletcher twice. You people show so much hate to someone that does nothing but made our state look good. Now dont get me wrong RED does need some growing up to do. But thats okay he will learn soon enough. Especially having mentors like Burroughs, and Green.

It's not about "proof" of anything. you accept the match and all the comp stuff, flight, hotel, food, gear... and put your teammates and entire group in a very embarrassing situation.

It wouldn't seem to be how a "#1" rolls.

And to even mention "hate"... well... whatever

Edited by MCKAJC

yea...thats what i would have wanted to do...wrestle Red and let him have extra weight and not have to cut.   Brilliant! 

I think this sums it up best.   I know CJ will pull it together in college but he made a mistake here.   Lets just hope he learns from it.

I agree that Y2 wrote a great piece on this. In the other hand, I'm not sure how you know Red will change for college. He has progressively gotten worse in the last couple years. We can agree though that hopefully he'll straighten up. I honestly don't expect to see big things of him at the collegiate level

I wouldn't be surprised if the committee put a clause in their future invitations that if you accept the invitation to participate then you are committing to making weight and taking part in all the activities and if you don't make the weight and participate in all activities then you will be held responsible for all expenses that the committee had put out for the invitee. What an embarrassment for our state. I could see if there was an injury but when you are that much over weight, why even make the trip? Make a phone call so they can let someone else participate. It seems if he was thinking that he would be given a pass. I guess he thought wrong. Time to grow up and be accountable for your own actions. 

Edited by tangarrray

Yes they had a practice and there was a really nice fitness area at the hotel. He was given until even Saturday to make weight and he declined.

I've seen from other post that his dad was upset that Pletcher dropped down to wrestle Red. Not sure how true this is, an if it is the case along with refusing to work out to make weight, Red just took the FREE trip knowing he wasn't going to wrestle. Very disappointing never the less. On a positive note though, kudos to Doster for stepping up knowing he's taking on one of the best in the nation(who's now pissed).

Just to clarify, the other post I was talking about, said the same thing as Y2 in regards to Red refusing to work out.

Just saying, there would not be a thread with 44 replies if any of the other Team Indiana members missed weight.

Congrats on being part of it now. I'll agree with MC, as prestigious and possibly a once in a life time opportunity, I couldn't see one not making weight. I'm sure there were several seniors out there like Rudy Yates, Taylor Lamont, Phillippi, etc that would have loved this opportunity.

Again yes chad should of made weight. He is 100% in the wrong for that, but the point im trying to make is you people seriously have been on here since he beat nick talking down on him. I just find it kind of pathetic but hey what do i know.

Just saying, there would not be a thread with 44 replies if any of the other Team Indiana members missed weight. 

He was in the main event and was one of the feature bouts. Flo had touted his match in their graphics and the program back cover was a shot of Red and Pletcher. 

When the #1 wrestler in the nation misses weight at a big event it is big news and it does not shed a good light on Indiana. The bigger deal was that Indiana was there for the preliminary match and the coaches and wrestlers had to field questions and deal with the Red incident throughout the weekend. 

I understand that him missing weight embarrassed the state, and was wrong on several occasions, but I also sense that this thread contains some posts with underlying emotions, probably still to do with him beating Nick and his celebration. 

He was in the main event and was one of the feature bouts. Flo had touted his match in their graphics and the program back cover was a shot of Red and Pletcher. 

When the #1 wrestler in the nation misses weight at a big event it is big news and it does not shed a good light on Indiana. The bigger deal was that Indiana was there for the preliminary match and the coaches and wrestlers had to field questions and deal with the Red incident throughout the weekend.

Where was Red for all of this? I know it had to take away a little of your excitement for the Indiana boys, but by reading some of your other posts, I'm glad it didn't take away too much. Kudos to you and the crew.

I understand that him missing weight embarrassed the state, and was wrong on several occasions, but I also sense that this thread contains some posts with underlying emotions, probably still to do with him beating Nick and his celebration.

There is lots of underlying stuff

So what's the deal with red sr.? Is he coaching at Nebraska ? Wouldn't surprise me

At the state final when he posed in front of the camera it was great.

#excitment&comeday

I guess that with his dad trying to get the match to be 140 match he is enabling the young man a very sad situation. It's a bad representation of our state and future wrestlers.

There's a saying a saying," 1000 good jobs can be erased with one awe ***potty mouth***"!