Plea to ISWA parents

Walter Sobchak

Be more respectful of the things you have and don't forget where you came from.Many of you don't realize the growth of the ISWA folkstyle state.It has grown from a small tournament in a sports complex in Bloomington to the Mellancamp facility (with two restrooms)to a dungeon industrial warehouse with leaky port 'o pottys to Lawrence Central(jeeze that was a nightmare made space in a crowded subway look comfortable)to two different weekends at two different schools to what we have now.What we have now is by far the best. 

I only have one concern.Using Warren Central is fantastic, plenty of space and bathrooms ect.I'm worried that non respectful parents are going to ruin the ISWA's chance to continue to use the school.Warren like most High schools is a tobacco free campus.When I left on Saturday afternoon I noticed hundreds of cigarette butts laying on the ground outside the entrance.It appears to me as if the staff and students take pride in their school.If was the principal of Warren, that very well could be a deal breaker for me using my school. 

The ISWA does not always please everyone, but with over 2100 athletes along with their coaches and fans getting in and out of that place like it was done this weekend is a small miracle.

So if we want to continue to keep using this facility, be respectful, pick up after yourself, dont scratch walls and break things, be careful and mindful that this is a public facility but the school corporation and administration staff has been kind enough to give the stamp of approval.We are only there 2 days of the year the students are there for 180 and they obviously have a nice facility to be proud of.

Edited by Walter Sobchak

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.