Folkstyle State

As all of you may know, folkstyle state is upon us in the coming days. It is definitely one of the biggest events of the year from Bantam to Senior. Although it is expected that not everyone is signed up yet to wrestle but are there any names to look out for? Clubs on the rise? Little and big kids on the come up?

Over 2100 entrants. Seems like a nice increase from last year? #HashTagsWork....who knew?

I think it may be because all age groups are wrestling this weekend instead of there being little kids state. I could be wrong tho. 

I was pretty surprised in the level of competition that showed up at ISWA state. It seems like most kids are traveling out of state to wrestle or just think they're too good to wrestle in ISWA state, so they decide to not wrestle. But this year there was a lot of competition. I was 126,132, & 220 (Parris) were probably the most stacked weight classes. High levels of talent! Hope these kids stay off their high horses & keep coming back. 

I was pretty surprised in the level of competition that showed up at ISWA state. It seems like most kids are traveling out of state to wrestle or just think they're too good to wrestle in ISWA state, so they decide to not wrestle. But this year there was a lot of competition. I was 126,132, & 220 (Parris) were probably the most stacked weight classes. High levels of talent! Hope these kids stay off their high horses & keep coming back. 

Some were injured and could not wrestle ISWA this weekend. 

#TheCounty with a strong showing. We had 23 in the finals with 13 champs (kids that live in #TheCounty). Had several other champs that train in #TheCounty but don't live here. Nice to live in a place where wrestling gets top billing. Big things happening at the Avon Wrestling Club, Brownsburg Wrestling Club, Plainfield Wrestling Club, Tri-West Wrestling Club, Cascade Wrestling Club, Contenders Wrestling Academy, and Red Cobra Wrestling Academy (all within 10 miles). These kids have quality rooms to workout in every night. They are putting in the work and it is paying off.

#TheCounty with a strong showing. We had 23 in the finals with 13 champs (kids that live in #TheCounty). Had several other champs that train in #TheCounty but don't live here. Nice to live in a place where wrestling gets top billing. Big things happening at the Avon Wrestling Club, Brownsburg Wrestling Club, Plainfield Wrestling Club, Tri-West Wrestling Club, Cascade Wrestling Club, Contenders Wrestling Academy, and Red Cobra Wrestling Academy (all within 10 miles). These kids have quality rooms to workout in every night. They are putting in the work and it is paying off.

Wow, this is the first I have heard about Brownsburg, Avon, #the county. It sounds exciting! Can you elaborate? Think you will ever be able to do anything like da region?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.