Nick Suriano wins 4th NJ Title 159-0

Suriano has has some up and down matches when going against some of the elite national competition, but he has been "nails" in NJ.  He has a bright college career ahead of him.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/7169458421178736333/nick-suriano-makes-history-wins-fourth-state-title/

There have been 3 top tier (in the stratosphere) guys go undefeated for 4 titles in HS this year. All 3 are in the top 5 pound for pound rankings. Really impressive stuff.

Nick Suriano and Chad Red. Who is the third?

He won 6, but not undefeated.

Was he undefeated for his final 4 titles?  I haven't had an opportunity to look those stats up yet.   I believe that what the original post was referencing.  

Was he undefeated for his final 4 titles?  I haven't had an opportunity to look those stats up yet.   I believe that what the original post was referencing.

I believe i misspoke, Hall appears to have suffered a loss or two as a freshman, it was only 3 years undefeated. So really only 2 guys in the group but many years we don't have any. Josh Alber was one a couple years ago, but he wasn't on the same level nationally as CJ and Suriano.

This is really a great class for IN and a very good one nationally. There are a couple national guys (like Hall) who could be competing for D1 titles right out of the box, and multiple kids from IN that are going to shine at the Div. 1, 2, 3 level, and bring home titles before they hang them up.

who is the 1 person who scored a take down on suriano ????

Tommy Aloi of Forest Park (Va.) 

Here is the video of the takedown and looks like the entire match.  It was not the type of takedown I was expecting.  It is at the 26 second mark of the video.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-3571329078001327843/watch-see-the-only-time-nick-suriano-was-taken-down-in-hs-match/

Edited by hogleg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.