4x State Champ vs 4x State Champ, who you got?

Chad Red (2016) 132lbs vs Angel Escobedo (2005) 135lbs.

Just curious. 

Angel was a small 135 as evidenced by the fact that he's competed well under that weight both internationally and in college.  Considering how strong Chad's defense is and the fact that Angel would be at a strength disadvantage, I feel like Chad would have the advantage.  I'm not saying he wins 10 out of 10 but maybe 6 out of 10 times

Angel, my favorite wrestler of all time. Wish he would have married my sister...

Hahaha!!!! Blane has all rights to talk about Angel also. I believe he tangled with him a few times. By far Angel is my favorite Indiana wrestler. I truly believe he is the best we have ever had. Would love to see him come back someday and build a program.

Red is becoming the Kyle Dake of Indiana wrestling, never does anything but win...but can't win any fantasy match-ups.

Yea he only beats everyone put in front of him but gets beat in just about ever fantasy match. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Did we have as many National type tournaments back when Angel was coming through?  I know we had some, but not nearly as many as today.  We basically had the Folkstyle and Fargo stuff.  The Asics Fila stuff and the Tulsa Nationals were big ones then.

Edited by Blane Culp

lets put it this way every kid angel wrestled in the finals, he majored! When angel was taken down it was a huge thing! Not to mention he is one of the most respectable/humble guys you could ever meet. 

Angel wins...no doubt about it!

Neither one wins "no doubt about it"

JUST FINALS MATCHES

112  Angel Escobedo, Griffith  58-0  MAJ Craig Macke, Evansville Mater Dei 11  42-2  13-2

125  Angel Escobedo, Griffith  10  61-0*   MAJ Matt Jaggers, New Castle  12  56-116-8

130  Angel Escobedo, Griffith  11  52-1 MAJ  Erik Johnson, Yorktown 12  43-4  14-6

135  Angel Escobedo, Griffith  12  49-0  MAJ Mike Leucuta, Portage  12  38-5*  18-6

VS

106Chad Red, New Palestine 9 48-0 DEC Garrett Pepple, East Noble 10 43-2 4-0

120Chad Red, New Palestine 10 44-0 DEC Forrest Glogouski, Fairfield 12 44-3 6-2

126 Chad Red, New Palestine 11 47-0 DEC Gaige Torres, Portage 11 37-39-2

132 Chad Red, New Palestine 12 44-0 DEC Nick Lee, Evansville Mater Dei 11 16-1 6-5

Edited by brickfor6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.