List of D1 national qualifiers with Indiana ties

maligned

Indiana in legitimate danger of placing no one on the podium. Obviously, they aren't completely cooked yet, and Tsirtsis is always difficult to bet against, but the roads are difficult for the few guys left and, frankly, they had better come out much stronger tomorrow. I had high hopes for Petrov, Welch, Tsirtsis and Harvey, and I'm a frustrated Homer right now

Mappes gives up a last second takedown, but it gets reversed upon video review and he wins 6-5 to advance to tomorrow.

Mappes seemed to be the more aggressive wrestler over the injured Realbuto. Seemed like all of Realbuto's points came off of Mappes shots. Surprised he stayed close to Realbuto in the last 10 seconds as I don't believe he had been hit for stalling. Talk about a close one. Glad to see him come out on top.

From the early session today so far:

Oliver, Davis, and Sabatello lose and are out.  Tsirtsis wins 3-1 over an unseeded guy from Lehigh.  He's got #14 Finesilver of Duke, then #9 Oliver of Central Michigan if he wins.  He needs both of those wins to be an All-American for the 3rd time.

From the early session today so far:

Oliver, Davis, and Sabatello lose and are out.  Tsirtsis wins 3-1 over an unseeded guy from Lehigh.  He's got #14 Finesilver of Duke, then #9 Oliver of Central Michigan if he wins.  He needs both of those wins to be an All-American for the 3rd time.

tsirtsis just lost.

My family is completely inspired by Jason Tsirtsis (and the entire Tsirtsis family).  He handles himself with complete class.  We have no doubt that he will be back on the top of the podium and we are certain he will have even more success after college.

Edited by njmlee

Chad Welch about to wrestle in the blood round.  One shot at being an All-American.  He'll face #6 Rodrigues of Illinois.

Welch defends an arm spin perfectly, almost takes him to his back, ends up with the takedown and nearly 2 mins of riding time.  Rodrigues with the takedown in the 2nd period to tie it at 2.

Rodrigues with 2 nearfall on a tilt

Welch takes neutral to start the 3rd down 2

Welch comes close, but no takedown in the 3rd...he falls 4-2

Nate Jackson of IU will wrestle in the semi's in 3 matches on Mat 3.  He'll have #1 Nickal of Penn St.  Jackson famously handed Nickal a shocking loss earlier in the year for his only loss of the season.  The other side of the bracket has been turned upside down.  If Jackson can rekindle whatever led him to the upset against Nickal before, he's guaranteed to enter the championship as the favorite.

Been watching the "real" NCAA tournament today and can't help but think how awesome it's going to be to watch Chad Red and Nick Lee in the next couple years making some noise at this tourney.  

Edited by tonyb71

Been watching the "real" NCAA tournament today and can't help but think how awesome it's going to be to watch Chad Red and Nick Lee in the next couple years making some noise at this tourney.

So I guess those other divisions aren't real.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.