Conference Finishes and NCAA Qualifiers with Indiana Ties

I saw 125 Paul Petrov of Bucknell (Hanover Central) and 174 Brian Harvey of Army (Cathedral) both finish 2nd in EIWA. This qualifies them for the NCAA tournament.

Big10s still in progress now. There will be a few names from that.

What Indiana connected wrestlers finished high in their Conference tournaments now has automatically qualified for NCAA's?

Edited by MattM

Zack Davis (Penn) of Navy qualified as a 3rd place finisher at 133 in EIWA tournament

Thank Dingo.  I knew I missed someone from Indiana that was doing well in the EIWA, but couldn't recall who while I was skimming through the results.  

Indiana University has two automatic bids from BigTens.  Elijah Oliver took 5th at 125 and Nate Jackson takes 4th at 174.

Purdue University gets three automatic bids from BigTens  Danny Sabatello got 5th at 141, Chad Welch (of Castle) got 5th at 165, and Drake Stein (of Princton) got 8th at 197.  

I thought stein had to get an at large with his finish

You are correct 8th puts him in contention for a possible at-large bid but it a long shot considering other top guys at 197 didn't get in this weekend. Only the top 6 at 197 for the BigTen got automatic bids in. I guess I looked at the wrong number for that weight. Edited by MattM

Pretty small crop of qualifiers this year, and Petrov and Harvey graduate. On a separate note, I always loved his scrap, but I think I underestimated how good Zack Davis is. He's been nails this year

Yeah, unfortunately in the last few years Indiana has seen its fair share of soild DI college recruits choose to leave their wrestling programs after their first year or two.  Hopefully we see a reversal in this trend.

• 2 weeks later...

It was good to watch Zach Davis wrestle on ESPN, sorry to see him bow out but enjoyed seeing he still has his tough legs. 

Any insight as to J. Tsirtsis?  He has looked like he is trying to keep from losing for quite some time.  I see flashes of his old self but it seems like he just occasionally forgets to be cautious and then retreats back to caution.  I am still a fan.

It was good to watch Zach Davis wrestle on ESPN, sorry to see him bow out but enjoyed seeing he still has his tough legs. 

Any insight as to J. Tsirtsis?  He has looked like he is trying to keep from losing for quite some time.  I see flashes of his old self but it seems like he just occasionally forgets to be cautious and then retreats back to caution.  I am still a fan.

There are quite a few things off the mat that happened this past year that surely affected him.