Trey Lane

quinnsDAD

I watched his first two matches. He has a pin and a major. Trey has a tough kid that wrestled at the Indiana Mat preseason open this year (Monos) to start the day.

Lots of seniors and juniors in his bracket. They grow them small in the sunshine state!

Good luck buddy, make #TheCounty proud!

Thank you guys!! It was a huge win over a senior from Riverdale HS and last years state runner up. Not only a huge win for him personally but a huge win in the team race. Cause 1st Brandon is up by only 9pts going into the semi finals on Riverdale

#TheCounty

#TheHills

Congrats to Trey and all the Lanes!! I have to also give credit where it's do, Ryan Parrish, THREE STATE CHAMPS in two different states!! Contenders Wrestling with an awesome showing!! Another former Indiana guy finished 4th in Ohio at 138 Ryan Ford not sure which class, and Avon had another kid from the youth program make AAA State in West Virginia, Dana Dech at 170. Indiana Wrestling all over the map!!

Danny I got a question and please dont take it the wrong way....Is Trey down that he wasn't a "TRUE" state champ? Do any of the Brandon placers feel that kind of thing?

No am I not taking it wrong, cause i knew people would ask.... But No, considering we (Brandon) wrestle tons of the 3A, 1A kids all season. Trey and alot of the Brandon wrestlers have beaten alot of the another State Champs and placers throuh the year. I know it was posted earlier, but Trey did beat James Monos in the semi finals. Monos attened the IHOP this year and placed higher then alot of IHSAA state placers, SQ and IN ranked guys.

And my question would be wonder if Mark Hall (MN), Alex Marinelli (OH), Jake Tucker (IL) and alot of other great wrestlers, think that are not "TRUE" state champs because they are in classed system. But no matter if its classed or non classed you still cant take the title of High School State Champ from them.

Danny did tell me that in FL they have a post season tournament where the champs get a chance to wrestle each other from the different classes. So if this is the case then one may still get the chance to have their cake and eat it too !!!  My thoughts for Trey are that he is a State Champ and no one will ever be able to take that away from him and the same with Asa.  Means the same to both of them and their families and honestly that should be the most important thing.  They are both great kids and have great families and I am proud to call them all friends. Now next discussion is when is the match between Asa and Trey going down !!!!!......I am sure Weisjahn has a belt that can be put up for the inter-state Champ

#TheCounty

Edited by JMILL

They cancelled the all class tourament this year. its open to top 4 at each class, but everyone doesnt attend it. i am assuming no one attends because its held weeks later fhsaa state w/ only the normal 2lb allowance 106 (108). and the kids are over cutting weight at that point.

if anyone wants to see trey and asa wrestle.....bring a pillow! they have trained with eachother for so long, and know every little thing about eachother wrestling wise. lol. and at contenders they do live goes at the end of practice best of 3 takedowns.....practice is over, they have the whole mat to themselves (because everyone else is finished) and the building is clear cause everyone left....and 40 min later still no takedowns. at times it go for so long, ryan would tell me to lock up because he was going home

Danny did tell me that in FL they have a post season tournament where the champs get a chance to wrestle each other from the different classes. So if this is the case then one may still get the chance to have their cake and eat it too !!!  My thoughts for Trey are that he is a State Champ and no one will ever be able to take that away from him and the same with Asa.  Means the same to both of them and their families and honestly that should be the most important thing.  They are both great kids and have great families and I am proud to call them all friends. Now next discussion is when is the match between Asa and Trey going down !!!!!......I am sure Weisjahn has a belt that can be put up for the inter-state Champ

#TheCounty

The match will most likely go down when #TheYoungGunz go to Brandon in June to train. And..... if it does happen nobody will tell who wins!!!! Looking forward to training with our brothers down south.

#TheCounty

#TheHills

Mills, Garcia, Lane Triple Death Match in a Cage.....coming to a sportatorium near you

All you had to do was go to CWA on Monday Night Live

Ty Mills is huge part of Treys wrestling carrer too! Ty was the big brother and did the big brother whipping on Trey through the years! Trey spent many countless hours with the Mills Family, Darren took Trey to tons of Tournaments when I wasnt able to go. And Ty and Trey spent the whole summer together in 2014 with Ohio All-Star Team. We consider the Mills family part of our family!

Edited by DLane

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.