Has your mind changed on class wrestling recently?

Galagore

147 members have voted

1. 1. How has your stance changed (if it has) on class wrestling for the individual tournament in the last couple weeks?

• I was originally against class, now I am for it
    • I was originally against class, now I am starting to come around.
    • I was originally against class, still against it
    • I was originally for class, now I am against it
    • I was originally for class, now I am starting to doubt it
    • I was originally for class, still for it

I don't know what that means.

On the contrary, these numbers are highly encouraging.  I LOVE it.  The antiquated, stale, fuddy-duddy crowd that want to hang on to classless model is fading every year.  I am thrilled that there seems to be a growing number of open minded, progressive, data analyzing fans out there.  It bodes well for the future of the sport.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

Writing off all one-class arguments as antiquated, stale, and fuddy-duddies, and saying that one-class supporters are open minded, progressive, data analyzers has to be on this list somewhere, anyone willing to help me find which one it is?

Fact:  I wrote this poll to see if even one person had changed his or her mind recently about class wrestling

Fact:  At least one person has change his or her mind recently about class wrestling

These facts cannot be disputed.  I do not care what you want to get out of this poll.  This poll isn't for you.  It is for me.

As of this posting, 28 people have responded to the first 2 options.  There have been 787 views of this topic. that's 3.5% of people that have seen this thread have changed their mind.  Hardly an indication that the numbers are growing.  But I guess if if was 0% to start with then it has grown.  Nice work!

Rome wasn't built in a day.  The tide is turning.  Gay marriage.  Legal pot. Class wrestling.  Hop on the train or get run over baby!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

Writing off all one-class arguments as antiquated, stale, and fuddy-duddies, and saying that one-class supporters are open minded, progressive, data analyzers has to be on this list somewhere, anyone willing to help me find which one it is?

Nearly all your posts on class wrestling are filled with logical falicies....you shouldn't need any help.  Facts are facts.  All aboard!!!  Don't be one of those Jonny Come Lately's.  Say no to Cruz, Rubio and Hillary.  Say Yes to Bernie or Donald!!!  Be bold, innovative, fresh.

Nearly all your posts on class wrestling are filled with logical falicies....you shouldn't need any help.  Facts are facts.  All aboard!!!  Don't be one of those Jonny Come Lately's.  Say no to Cruz, Rubio and Hillary.  Say Yes to Bernie or Donald!!!  Be bold, innovative, fresh.

Bernie is definitely for class wrestling.  He's tired of the top 1% getting 95 % of the metals.   Its what he said on the campaign.  Feel the Bern Indiana.

They'll have Trans bathrooms at bankers life before they have class wrestling.

Caitlyn can be in the same room when I take a dump, I don't care!  Let freedom ring!!

And when this happens, and when we allow freedom's ring, when we let it ring from Muncie and Madison, from Princeton to Peru, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's wrestlers, big ones and small, Goers and stallers, Pluggers and Pinners, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual:

Class at last! Class at last!

Thank God Almighty, we have class at last!

Yea, people going along with the 'new crowd'.

fuddy - duddy

Edited by KarlHungus

Trump is for class wrestling.    He said he's mad that all the colleges   are  importing their wrestlers from Indiana and Ohio and not Indiana.     He said Indiana needs keep its wrestlers in state and should develop more wresters by going to Class wrestling.   He doesn't care if your highly trained or poorly trained,  everybody benefits from class wrestling.   Swear to god he said that.

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

I have always been against the idea of class wrestling and voted that I am still against it.

I really do understand why folks can be tempted toward the possibility of adapting our state to class wrestling.This subject is surely intriguing to anyone who is involved with any of the smaller school systems in the state. 

Classes are common to almost all IHSAA sports and it is hard not to argue with the fact that most schools with high enrollment numbers typically have the most competitive programs.Other states have class wrestling, so why not do the same in Indiana as they have over the line in Illinois, Michigan etc.??

Raised in da region, I was first coached by John Pimentel at Hammond Scott / Morton before moving on to Merrillville and was very fortunate to have been coached by the late Tom Cameron.These were really huge programs and I grew up thinking I would never feel that class wrestling should exist anywhere, let alone in Indiana. I always loved how our system was set up.

At this point in my life, I have to admit, class wrestling actually started to really sound good to me as I coached our small varsity squad at Carroll (Flora) this year. For us, it was an accomplishment to have a full roster this year and begin building our foundation for a stronger program as we move forward.

Growing up in wrestling programs which were among the largest in the state and now having the opportunity to be coaching at a small 1A school, has made this subject more important to me now than ever before.

The bottom line is, in wrestling, if you truly desire to reach the pinnacle of the sport, you have to win against all competitors, from anywhere in the world.

Wrestling in Indiana prepares you to become a champion anywhere and adapting the state to classes would diminish the amount of top quality wrestlers our state produces.

I do believe the IHSWCA team state class championship has its place, is good for the sport and it would be great if it was expanded to a statewide playoff series of duals to include even more teams. 

That being said though, the unique legacy we have in Indiana with the IHSAA Individual State Championship Tournament series should remain unchanged forever.

I have always been against the idea of class wrestling and voted that I am still against it.

I really do understand why folks can be tempted toward the possibility of adapting our state to class wrestling.This subject is surely intriguing to anyone who is involved with any of the smaller school systems in the state. 

Classes are common to almost all IHSAA sports and it is hard not to argue with the fact that most schools with high enrollment numbers typically have the most competitive programs.Other states have class wrestling, so why not do the same in Indiana as they have over the line in Illinois, Michigan etc.??

Raised in da region, I was first coached by John Pimentel at Hammond Scott / Morton before moving on to Merrillville and was very fortunate to have been coached by the late Tom Cameron.These were really huge programs and I grew up thinking I would never feel that class wrestling should exist anywhere, let alone in Indiana. I always loved how our system was set up.

At this point in my life, I have to admit, class wrestling actually started to really sound good to me as I coached our small varsity squad at Carroll (Flora) this year. For us, it was an accomplishment to have a full roster this year and begin building our foundation for a stronger program as we move forward.

Growing up in wrestling programs which were among the largest in the state and now having the opportunity to be coaching at a small 1A school, has made this subject more important to me now than ever before.

The bottom line is, in wrestling, if you truly desire to reach the pinnacle of the sport, you have to win against all competitors, from anywhere in the world.

Wrestling in Indiana prepares you to become a champion anywhere and adapting the state to classes would diminish the amount of top quality wrestlers our state produces.

I do believe the IHSWCA team state class championship has its place, is good for the sport and it would be great if it was expanded to a statewide playoff series of duals to include even more teams. 

That being said though, the unique legacy we have in Indiana with the IHSAA Individual State Championship Tournament series should remain unchanged forever.

If our current system prepared wrestlers to be champions at the collegiate level we'd have way more than we have. We have a very low number of college All-Americans including no DI AA's in 2013 and 2012. The quality of our top guys is improving, but that is not because we have a single class system.

On top of that our current system is NOT the reason we have top quality wrestlers.  For instance two time state champ Brock Hudkins isn't nationally ranked, while others like Rypel, Streck, and Hughes all have been staples in the rankings for at least a year if not two. The reason being those three all had NATIONAL success. Hudkins has yet to have the signature placements or wins those three have had while wrestling in many of the same events. You can also throw in Colton Cummings who has been pretty dominant in the state over the last two years including a USAW Folkstyle Nationals runner-up finish and just NOW cracked the rankings after state.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.