Has your mind changed on class wrestling recently?

Galagore

147 members have voted

1. 1. How has your stance changed (if it has) on class wrestling for the individual tournament in the last couple weeks?

• I was originally against class, now I am for it
    • I was originally against class, now I am starting to come around.
    • I was originally against class, still against it
    • I was originally for class, now I am against it
    • I was originally for class, now I am starting to doubt it
    • I was originally for class, still for it

It actually does specify.  And this poll was not designed to see how many people favor class wrestling.  It was designed to see how much impact the argument in favor of class wrestling is having.  The poll results indicate it is having the impact that I would like for it to have.

So basically, I ask myself, "Is it worth it to keep spending time on here laying down logic and statistics?"

The answer is yes.  And the proof is in this poll.

It actually does specify.  And this poll was not designed to see how many people favor class wrestling.  It was designed to see how much impact the argument in favor of class wrestling is having.  The poll results indicate it is having the impact that I would like for it to have.

So basically, I ask myself, "Is it worth it to keep spending time on here laying down logic and statistics?"

I think I heard Marco Rubio use the same logic last night trying to explain why he's still going to win the Republican nomination  :D

Statisticians agree.  This sample size is big enough to draw conclusions.

My question was simple.  Has anyone's opinion been swayed by the arguments in favor of classing our individual tournament?  The answer is yes.  So my second question is also simple.  Is it worth my time to continue to try and convince people that classing our individual tournament is the way to go.  Again, the answer is yes.  The sample size could have been one.  If that one voted for options 1 or 2, then I have reached the conclusion I was hoping for.

It was a landslide 10 years ago.  

41% of Americans think dinosaurs and humans coexisted.

Logic wasn't made for everyone, it seems.

Karl,

It seems you subscribe to the George Costanza school of logic: "It's not a lie if you believe it." 

Like it or not, it appears the majority opinion is to keep wrestling classless (pun intended)

Karl,

It seems you subscribe to the George Costanza school of logic: "It's not a lie if you believe it." 

Like it or not, it appears the majority opinion is to keep wrestling classless (pun intended)

I don't know what that means.

On the contrary, these numbers are highly encouraging.  I LOVE it.  The antiquated, stale, fuddy-duddy crowd that want to hang on to classless model is fading every year.  I am thrilled that there seems to be a growing number of open minded, progressive, data analyzing fans out there.  It bodes well for the future of the sport.

As of this posting, 28 people have responded to the first 2 options.  There have been 787 views of this topic. that's 3.5% of people that have seen this thread have changed their mind.  Hardly an indication that the numbers are growing.  But I guess if if was 0% to start with then it has grown.  Nice work!

I don't know what that means.

On the contrary, these numbers are highly encouraging.  I LOVE it.  The antiquated, stale, fuddy-duddy crowd that want to hang on to classless model is fading every year.  I am thrilled that there seems to be a growing number of open minded, progressive, data analyzing fans out there.  It bodes well for the future of the sport.

Maybe we can revisit these staggering poll results in ten years. Perhaps even meet up at the 2026 single class IHSAA wrestling state finals?  

As of this posting, 28 people have responded to the first 2 options.  There have been 787 views of this topic. that's 3.5% of people that have seen this thread have changed their mind.  Hardly an indication that the numbers are growing.  But I guess if if was 0% to start with then it has grown.  Nice work!

Umm views include you repeatedly looking for updates.

Never let facts get in the way of a good story!

Never let facts get in the way of a good story!

Those aren't facts, views are not the number of people that clicked the topic. It could be 100 people clicking it 7 times.

Let's just make up things and not know anything about page views. IndianaMat has has 3.7 million page views since January 1, that doesn't mean 3.7 million people have been to the site.

Let's just make up things and not know anything about page views. IndianaMat has has 3.7 million page views since January 1, that doesn't mean 3.7 million people have been to the site.

Kind of like saying five years ago 80% of people would have been in support of single class?  

All in good fun, Y2....

Edited by vito pepperelli

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.