Novice Bat

Most annoying fans   

170 members have voted

1. 1. Most annoying fans

• Da Region
    • Evansville Mater Dei
    • #TheCounty
    • Other

I was thinking of a certain wrestling mom from a certain South Bend high school...I don't want to name drop on here, but does anybody else know who I'm referring to?...Her voice is so piercing at Al Smith, at EC (formerly Merrillville) SS, everywhere...

I feel like every team has one of those though. My mom may or may not have been ours...

I was thinking of a certain wrestling mom from a certain South Bend high school...I don't want to name drop on here, but does anybody else know who I'm referring to?...Her voice is so piercing at Al Smith, at EC (formerly Merrillville) SS, everywhere...

A couple of years ago at the scholastic duals, a south bend mom did not like my "stalling" comment and spent the balance of the match yelling at me.

Wow.

She threw mustard on the mat for her cramping son at a tournament once.

Edited by titan14

At state one year we were able to find her across the arena by her voice alone....

im down here in evansville.  lots of annoying peeps.

1.  mater dei fans start screaming two before the ref even starts the match.

2.  reitz gets pounded by md, but thinks there team is better.

3.  memorial has got more different singlets then wins.  is it a fashion show or a wrestling match.

4.  bob harmon dont care what anybody thinks.

i don't hear a lot of talk about how perry's jv team can beat all of the varsity teams like i used to.

warren won the team title, but i didnt hear a lot of crowing about that, either

region fans are okay in person  hard to take on the board

im have to say county fans are the worse.  one good year and all of the sudden there the best teams ever to strap up a singlet.  if they start yelling two and talking about how the jv team could place at state im going to start watthing basketball.  how about calling them region meridian #thecountywildcats?  

that would be obnoxius(spelling)

I'm not sure what #TheCounty is. Region fans are entertaining to me - but I'm not sure the greatest athletes to ever walk the earth did in fact come from their part of the state. Mater Dei fans are OK, but they were annoying during Lee/Red when they were yelling for stalling the entire match. I'm pretty sure one MD fan even yelled at the National Anthem singers for stalling, before they even got to the mic.

The most annoying fan I've witnessed this year was at the Tri sectional. This mom was, ummm....very, very into the match. She was screaming and yelling at other people in the stands. But in the process she tripped on the bleachers. So it was pretty high-quality entertainment.

My favorite things I've heard from fans this year include:

A Muncie Central mom's son was winning a match and she started yelling "FINISH HIM! FINISH HIM". I was waiting for her son to rip out the other kid's heart, Mortal Combat style, but that never happened.

I love when fans scream for their kid to get up. As if it's that easy.

I heard a dad scream at his kid to throw the half, as the two were both on their feet in a tie.

I'm sure I've said stupid things in the past, or got a little overzealous at times too - so I'm not exempt. Luckily nobody has film of this though.

We were at a tournament a couple years ago in the region vs a region school, and our coach was yelling "flatten him out" .  I guess the dad of our opponents wrestler heard this,  and took offense.    He told our coach "If you ever tell your kid to flatten my, kid I'm going to flatten your ass".   He was really mad and about ready to throw.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.