Indiana modern day best wrestler? Andrew Howe?

rdrodd1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA3xR81yTNI

I believe that Lance Ellis is the about the best there could ever be but Chad Red is great and has proven it.  I think that the Lee boys will be knocking at the door for a long time. Mauer and Coughlin are right there. In my simple, old mind. I think that in Indiana wrestling Andrew Howe is still the best.  An old friend of mine told me to watch him, when he puts a hand on you, he doesn't stop until he does something to you and when he does, it is not good.  My nephew had the pleasure of wrestling him at Freestyle State at the Fairgrounds and shot in on a double, drove him all the way across the mat. Seemed to kind of upset him and he took out his anger on my Nephew.  It wasn't pretty.  Other than Howe's only loss in his first State Finals, Andrew Howe has been a stud.  Other then Howe, I would have to put up Mike Breeden from Mooresville in 1978 but I wouldn't expect too many would remember that one.   

Edited by rdrodd1

I don't think being a four timer automatically qualifies someone has being the best Indiana wrestler ever. My vote would go to Andrew Howe and then after that I would say Chad Red, Jason Tsirtsis, Angel Escebedo, and Reece Humphrey. All great and extremely talented in their own right. And the talent gap is extremely thin between any of these extremely talented wrestlers. Howe was just dominant. His junior and senior year no one was able to compete with him. Four-time talent but happened to run into Reece Humphrey as a freshman.

Indiana has experienced a lot of talented wrestlers recently and it seems to be more of the norm than anomaly now with the likes of the Lee's, Maurer, Caughlin,  Micic, Rypel, Streck, and etc. I know for a fact I am missing great wrestlers. All signs point to the fact that Indiana is definitely on the rise.

Edited by FormerHornet

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.