Chad Red beats 2X Kentucky State Champ 11-5 over Xmas

navy80

I had to think of a catchy title for advertising purposes!  The Mater Dei Classic is not as deep as some other tournaments in Indiana and often gets overlooked from "Da Region" or however you northerners call yourself.  15 State Championships were present at the Mater Dei Classic!  Also, 132 weight class had a combined 8 state titles between three wrestlers!!  Holy smokes!!  

132- THREE STATE CHAMPS!

Duncan Trinity 2 time KY state champ

Sheffer Union County 2 time KY state champ

Red New Pal 4 time IN state champ

RESULTS

Duncan over Sheffer 2-2 UTB

Red over Duncan 11-5

(it is worth noting that Duncan was beaten by Lee (7-22) by tech fall and he beat Bethel 4-0 last year.  Also, Red pinned Sheffer in 30 seconds last year all at the always tough Mater Dei Classic)

Lets look at some other interesting matchups between state placers and Q’s.

106 Garcia Avon IN state champ over (7-3) Wheeler St. X KY 3rd

113 White New Pal  IN 6th over (10-2) Kraezig St. X KY 2nd

120 Ervin Union County KY state champ and runner-up over (3-1)  Luigis MD placer and Q.

(not at Mater Dei classic but worth noting) Ervin Union County KY state champ and runner-up over (3-2) Rooks CE IN 3rd and 4

152- Oxford UC KY state champ (145), Barton TR KY state champ (152), and Foster BW Illinois 3rd place in 3A, Lehman MD IN SQ, Clark Avon IN 7th

RESULTS: Barton over Lehman 21-10 and 15-5.  Foster over Barton 7-2 and over Oxford by pin. Barton over Clark 11-3

160- Van Horn IN runner-up over (by pin) Heidorf Trinity KY state champ

195- Wildeman MD IN 6th place lost to Frankone Trinity (Ironman 6th place, and inj dflt out of state tournament) by a score of 7-2.  Wildeman beat Sherman UC, KY 4th place 11-3

These numbers may be lower than correct count I zipped through them.

106-IN- 1st.  KY-3rd

113-IN-6th.  KY-2nd

120-IN- Q, Q.  KY- 2nd (who won state last year)

126-IN- 6th, KY- Q.  IL-Q

132-IN-1st, Q.  KY- 1st and 1st

138-KY- 7th and Q

145-IN- 1st, 8th, Q.  KY-Q

152-IN- Q and 7th.  KY-1st and another 1st.  IL- 3rd

160-IN- 2nd and Q.  KY-1st

170-KY- 3rd

182-IN- Q.  KY- 8th

195-IN- 6th.  KY-2nd

220-IN- 3rd, Q.  KY- Q

285-IN 6th, 5th, and Q.  KY- Q

15 State Championships!!

IN-Garcia 1X, Joe Lee 1X, Red 4X (Nick Lee 1X didn’t wrestle in this tournament)

KY-Ervin 1X, Barton 2X, Duncan 2X, Sheffer 2X, Oxford 1X, Heidorf 1X

Not a bad tournament with plenty of diversity from three states! Just inagine if Konrath or Nick Lee would have wrestled!  One tough tournament for the southern part of the state...I wonder why more teams down get into it?  There seems to always be some openings...

duncan is very good, evidenced by his wins over torres and bailey.  that being said, i saw his match against red.  although the match was 11-5, it was not close.

folks at banker's life saw one gear red used against his first three opponents, and another gear against nick lee.

duncan is very good, evidenced by his wins over torres and bailey.  that being said, i saw his match against red.  although the match was 11-5, it was not close.

folks at banker's life saw one gear red used against his first three opponents, and another gear against nick lee.

i watched the match vs bailey he lost in OT while bailey was hurt.

Edited by Dyoung

Duncan placed 3rd at IHPO behind Gaige Torres & Breyden Bailey.

Wash away your Region hate!

Duncan did not beat Breyden or Gaige. Not sure what your point is here?

Duncan did not beat Breyden or Gaige. Not sure what your point is here?

You accidentally had a typo before in describing the IHPO results that could have been interpreted to mean he beat them.  It's clear now...thanks for fixing it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.