Sectional placer - State Champ

Jon H

I apologize if this is already a topic - I did a quick scan and didn't see it.   I'm sure this doesn't happen very often unless there is some sort of injury default situation?

Did anyone other than Joe Lee accomplish this feat this year?   Who are some of the most recent wrestlers to pull this off?  I'm sure someone will come up the all-time stat as well............

Asa Garcia didn't win sectional, regional, nor semi-state...but won the big one.

Steve Stahl did the same as Garcia in 2008.

I do believe this is what you call a successful hijacking :)

Seriously, congrats to both Joe Lee & Asa Gracia.

When it comes to State Titles - it does not matter how you get there, only the end result!

There was a wrestler, from Princeton I believe whose name eludes me, that finished 2nd to Lindauer (sp?) of Evansville Harrison at both regional & SS then avenged those losses under the lights for a state title. Can't remember the year either but It was a decade or so ago.

Edited by SIACfan

I do believe this is what you call a successful hijacking :)

Seriously, congrats to both Joe Lee & Asa Gracia.

When it comes to State Titles - it does not matter how you get there, only the end result!

There was a wrestler, from Princeton I believe whose name eludes me, that finished 2nd to Lindauer (sp?) of Evansville Harrison at both regional & SS then avenged those losses under the lights for a state title. Can't remember the year either but It was a decade or so ago.  

There's no other situation I can recall that resembles this, so it seems like you're talking about Princeton's Josh Hardy in his junior year when he avenged previous losses to beat undefeated Jared Williams of Harrison in the final.  But the time has gotten away from you a touch--1997.

There's no other situation I can recall that resembles this, so it seems like you're talking about Princeton's Josh Hardy in his junior year when he avenged previous losses to beat undefeated Jared Williams of Harrison in the final.  But the time has gotten away from you a touch--1997.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking of. I said a decade ago +/- a decade or so - didn't I? :unsure:

At least I only mis-spelled Lindenschmidt (from 2006) a little & was only off a decade or so.

When you get to be as old as me - what's a decade here or there?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.