145 - Jacob Covaciu vs. Joe Lee - 10-4

152 - Tommy Forte vs. Trent Pruitt - 4-0

160 - Drew Hughes vs. Jacob Covaciu - 6-2

170 - Dylan Lydy vs. Drew Hughes - 7-0

182 - Chase Osborn vs. Blake Rypel - 7-3

195 - Blake Rypel vs. Jake Kleimola - Fall

220 - Kobe Woods vs. Mason Parris - 11-4

285 - Shawn Streck

Mason Parris looked amazing at state. And made very good wrestlers seem average. Obviously matches still have to be wrestled but in everyone's most educated guess will anyone be able to compete with him these next two seasons?

I can't see it. He seems to just get better and better at an alarming rate.

Mason Parris looked amazing at state. And made very good wrestlers seem average. Obviously matches still have to be wrestled but in everyone's most educated guess will anyone be able to compete with him these next two seasons?

Parris will definitely be a force to be reckoned with these next two years. Very impressive work this year and I am excited to watch him improve in the future. He will be very hard to keep up with. Edited by Sneaky Samurai

Not sure, but I would love to see a parris-samuels(hwt) match. Not sure what the weight difference is right now.

Nothing against Samuels, as I really was impressed with him at Semi-State and State, but Parris has been on another level all year. The only reason the finals were as close as they were, 13-4, is because Larson was wrestling to keep it close and not get pinned or teched. Parris is a freak.

Surprised this one hasn't come up yet.

106 - Colton Cummings vs. Asa Garcia - 11-2

113 - Garrett Pepple vs. Colton Cummings - 5-3

120 - Brock Hudkins vs. Drew Hildebrandt - 4-2

126 - Chad Red vs. Brock Hudkins - 6-3

132 - Nick Lee vs. Chad Red - HAHAHAHAHAHA

138 - Tommy Cash vs. Brayton Lee - 8-4

145 - Jacob Covaciu vs. Joe Lee - 10-4

152 - Tommy Forte vs. Trent Pruitt - 4-0

160 - Drew Hughes vs. Jacob Covaciu - 6-2

170 - Dylan Lydy vs. Drew Hughes - 7-0

182 - Chase Osborn vs. Blake Rypel - 7-3

195 - Blake Rypel vs. Jake Kleimola - Fall

220 - Kobe Woods vs. Mason Parris - 11-4

285 - Shawn Streck

106 - Colton Cummings over Asa Garcia - Dec 6-3 ... Cummings is great no doubt about it, but Garcia will compete, and I don't believe he'd give up a major.

113 - Garrett Pepple over Colton Cummings - Dec 5-4 ... Both solid mat wrestlers here, but Pepple has the advantage due to experience.

120 - Brock Hudkins over Drew Hildebrandt - Dec 3-1

126 - Chad Red over Brock Hudkins - Dec 4-0

132 - Nick Lee vs. Chad Red ... http://s400.trackwrestling.com/tw//predefinedtournaments/MainFrame.jsp?newSession=false&sport=wrestling&TIM=1456261260053&pageName=&ie=false&frameSize=657

138 - Brayton Lee over Tommy Cash - Dec 10-5

145 - Joe Lee over Jacob Covaciu - MD 17-5

152 - Tommy Forte over Trent Pruitt - MD 12-2

160 - Drew Hughes over Jacob Covaciu - Dec 6-0

170 - Drew Hughes over Dylan Lydy - Dec 5-0 ... Too good on top

182 - Blake Rypel over Chase Osborn - Dec 8-4

195 - Blake Rypel over Jake Kleimola - FALL

220 - Kobe Woods over Mason Parris - Dec 7-6

285 - Shawn Streck (2016) was about as physically dominant as they come.

106 - Colton Cummings over Asa Garcia - Dec 6-3 ... Cummings is great no doubt about it, but Garcia will compete, and I don't believe he'd give up a major.

113 - Garrett Pepple over Colton Cummings - Dec 5-4 ... Both solid mat wrestlers here, but Pepple has the advantage due to experience.

120 - Brock Hudkins over Drew Hildebrandt - Dec 3-1

126 - Chad Red over Brock Hudkins - Dec 4-0

132 - Nick Lee vs. Chad Red ... http://s400.trackwrestling.com/tw//predefinedtournaments/MainFrame.jsp?newSession=false&sport=wrestling&TIM=1456261260053&pageName=&ie=false&frameSize=657

138 - Brayton Lee over Tommy Cash - Dec 10-5

145 - Joe Lee over Jacob Covaciu - MD 17-5

152 - Tommy Forte over Trent Pruitt - MD 12-2

160 - Drew Hughes over Jacob Covaciu - Dec 6-0

170 - Drew Hughes over Dylan Lydy - Dec 5-0 ... Too good on top

182 - Blake Rypel over Chase Osborn - Dec 8-4

195 - Blake Rypel over Jake Kleimola - FALL

220 - Kobe Woods over Mason Parris - Dec 7-6

285 - Shawn Streck (2016) was about as physically dominant as they come.

With all due respect to Woods...you think last years Woods would beat this year Parris?? So Woods was better last year?? I am confused with this pick. 

With all due respect to Woods...you think last years Woods would beat this year Parris?? So Woods was better last year?? I am confused with this pick.

Highly unlikely he was better last year. I still feel like that if a woods and Parris match happened on Saturday night that woods could have won, but Woods just wasn't wrestling at the top of his game at State. If he was at the the top of his game, he could have given Parris a run for his money.

Sacrilege Alert: read no further if you have a delicate constitution.

I think 2015 Nick Lee beats 2016 Chad Red. A 2016 Nick Lee that sat out the regular season and looked a little gassed in the third period stays within a takedown. A 2015 Nick Lee at the absolute top of his game finishes at least one more move in the second and/or escapes in the third.

I think 2015 Nick Lee beats 2016 Chad Red.  A 2015 Nick Lee ..... escapes in the third.

I think Chad Red has proven over the last two years, through wrestling the top ranked guys in the nations, that he has become one of the best top riders in the country. Not necessarily turners, but riders.  It would be saying a lot for a wrestlers escape ability if he (a full seasoned Lee or anyone) was able to quickly get out from under Red in the 3rd period of a match and with time enough to score a soild takedown.  The idea of Lee possibly finishing a takedown earlier in the match maybe plausible, but the quick escape is a very hard sell.

Edited by MattM

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.