132 Classic

digninrk

First off congrats to Chad Red. He proved why he is where he is. Fought his way back into a match against a top 10% wrestler in the country. C.J. you are a true great in our sport. Nick Lee, what a classy kid!!! Shook hands kept composure and was ever so gracious in defeat. You win like a champ and lost like a champ because you are one. Great job boys thats what our sport is missing.

I haven't heard a peep about backflips, imaginary championship belt mimicking, flexing biceps, angrily slamming down ankle bands in a loss...not a peep. It's hard to explain why people would be so selective about demonstrative acts after matches under the lights. Perhaps someone from the outraged group could explain this to me

Awesome match. Loved every minute of it. Congrats to both wrestlers. As for the "best of all time" argument that people are making for red I say this, I never witnessed a match where Alex tsirsis or angel Escobedo coasted to "feel out" their opponent. And I for sure never witnessed either of them getting taken down, let alone dumped to their back. But maybe it's better this way for the spectators. Man what a match. Pick neutral Lee!Awesome match. Loved every minute of it. Congrats to both wrestlers. As for the "best of all time" argument that people are making for red I say this, I never witnessed a match where Alex tsirsis or angel Escobedo coasted to "feel out" their opponent. And I for sure never witnessed either of them getting taken down, let alone dumped to their back. But maybe it's better this way for the spectators.

I also don't remember angel or tsirtsis facing the #4 ranked guy in the country

I haven't heard a peep about backflips, imaginary championship belt mimicking, flexing biceps, angrily slamming down ankle bands in a loss...not a peep. It's hard to explain why people would be so selective about demonstrative acts after matches under the lights. Perhaps someone from the outraged group could explain this to me

Surely you've been around long enough to see the difference.

After you win a State Championship, especially the 4th to cap an undefeated career and against the #4 ranked dude in the county, then you can showboat as much as you want in my opinion. My only issue is with Red Sr's showboating. I felt like he was trying to make it about him and was stealing the show from his own son.

I have been to every final since 1974 and never have I seen this much excitement over one match. Wrestling fans won tonight and the two young men who didn't run from each other but faced each other won as well. That I can respect. Both young men made Indiana Proud and will go on to represent Indiana in the same fashion.

Don't mind the showboating or extra celebration. If I walked onto the mat with a majority of the crowd openly rooting against me, it's gonna fire me up too. Red hasn't changed from day 1 he came onto the scene. So we know it walks the walk and talks the talk. As far Red Sr.... Many of those guys standing on the podium cut their teeth with Coach Red at Red Cobra. We all witnessed a great match tonight. Time to move on. Congrats to all that wrestled under the lights.

Great Match. First of all, I called the Red riding on top as being the difference before the match.  Lee was getting to his legs so easy, that in that situation, instead of deferring, Lee's team should have chose down the 2nd period, or chose neutral the 3rd, and kept up the pressure on their feet; he had Red on the verge of being hit for a caution or two. The way Red rides with the arm bar, he is a hammer on top and has it down to art where he does not have to expend a terrible amount of energy, and will always look active with that to the ref.  

Back to your point on the celebration, it's supposed to be about the two fine wrestlers and their effort, and you reward a guy shaking hands and looking him in the eye. 

For the kids to be excited, OK, their still teens.  But after re-watching the video, and your comment regarding Sr., not sure what you are trying to say that can excuse what we all witnessed.

Oh my, that was inglorious & silly, especially the chasing of the camera to throw out a parental statue pose with some cryptic hand signals; wtf? 

Your right, I don't know you.   Just saying I don't think your comments paint you in a very good light.  

Please present said comments that don't "paint me in a very good light."

I've been around this sport for more than most and have given respect to all involved. 

Let's have a beverage some time and "talk shop."

What do you say?

Please present said comments that don't "paint me in a very good light."

I've been around this sport for more than most and have given respect to all involved. 

Let's have a beverage some time and "talk shop."

What do you say?

I already did.  You see a difference that Dingo does not.

The most excitement at Bankers Life I've ever witnessed. (Garcia's pin warmed things up). Also the largest crowd I've ever seen there. I've known both wrestlers and their dad's since we all started. Both parties have never been anything but respectful towards me, my son and family. Always encouraged us and willing to discuss technique, training or competition and willing to train or practice together.

The level continues to raised by outstanding individuals we see every year, especially these two.

I never saw any Indiana wrestling fans bashing Reece Humphrey for his antics after his wins. He was celebrated for having fun and enjoying himself.

You must have a short memory.  I remember plenty of people chastising him for his break dancing, for the same reason they are chastising Red.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.