132 Classic

digninrk

Let's just hold off on the name calling and enjoy the match for what it was. Two potential NCAA champs holding nothing back, showing what Indiana wrestling is all about. Lee showed why he is deserving of a Penn State scholarship, and Red showed why he is a undefeated 4 timer. It was the best finals match I have seen since Vega beat Schafer. Sorry, Mauer v. Dolly fans.

Absolutely the best match I've ever witnessed in indiana. Both kids are killers. Fundamentally, Lee is as good as it gets, e.g. Lee sees a leg, he grabs it and nearly always gets a takedown, even against the likes of Red. Red is more creative, and his mat skills are off the charts. Just unbelievable, so few big matchups live up to the hype. Congrats to both amazing wrestlers

Edited by Dingo Brigade

I didn't see it live but was watching on ihsaa tv. It looked like Red was already running off the mat before time expired. I know they gave Lee a point for an escape but why wasn't Red called for fleeing and Lee awarded another point? It would have gone into overtime.

I didn't see it live but was watching on ihsaa tv. It looked like Red was already running off the mat before time expired. I know they gave Lee a point for an escape but why wasn't Red called for fleeing and Lee awarded another point? It would have gone into overtime.

Come on, really?

Would have been a lame way to tie the match.

Amazing. And I don't mind Red being confident and brash against someone he has a chance of competing against in college. All mental warfare,and as long as he keeps his nose clean in college and isn't dirty on the mat, that's what truly matters

You can re-watch the match as track has it as a video on its homepage....Lee was on his back for may 1 second?  Red was on his back for maybe 3 seconds?  

Great match,,,Lee got caught out of position and Red capitalized.  Lee shouldn't have picked bottom in the third....exciting match.  Hope they meet again in college

I get it I get it. I am 31 years old and didn't grow up in this social media world as these kids did. He acts like teenagers act these days. There aren't many who carry themselves as the Lee boys. I was a cocky SOB in high school, and no telling how I would've turned out if I was born with this generation. Times have changed , not telling you to like it, just saying kids are different these days

Awesome match. Loved every minute of it. Congrats to both wrestlers. As for the "best of all time" argument that people are making for red I say this, I never witnessed a match where Alex tsirsis or angel Escobedo coasted to "feel out" their opponent. And I for sure never witnessed either of them getting taken down, let alone dumped to their back. But maybe it's better this way for the spectators. Man what a match. Pick neutral Lee!

Awesome match. Loved every minute of it. Congrats to both wrestlers. As for the "best of all time" argument that people are making for red I say this, I never witnessed a match where Alex tsirsis or angel Escobedo coasted to "feel out" their opponent. And I for sure never witnessed either of them getting taken down, let alone dumped to their back. But maybe it's better this way for the spectators.

Don't mind the showboating or extra celebration. If I walked onto the mat with a majority of the crowd openly rooting against me, it's gonna fire me up too. Red hasn't changed from day 1 he came onto the scene. So we know it walks the walk and talks the talk. As far Red Sr.... Many of those guys standing on the podium cut their teeth with Coach Red at Red Cobra. We all witnessed a great match tonight. Time to move on. Congrats to all that wrestled under the lights.

Awesome match. Loved every minute of it. Congrats to both wrestlers. As for the "best of all time" argument that people are making for red I say this, I never witnessed a match where Alex tsirsis or angel Escobedo coasted to "feel out" their opponent. And I for sure never witnessed either of them getting taken down, let alone dumped to their back. But maybe it's better this way for the spectators. Man what a match. Pick neutral Lee!

Awesome match. Loved every minute of it. Congrats to both wrestlers. As for the "best of all time" argument that people are making for red I say this, I never witnessed a match where Alex tsirsis or angel Escobedo coasted to "feel out" their opponent. And I for sure never witnessed either of them getting taken down, let alone dumped to their back. But maybe it's better this way for the spectators.

Tsirtsis got put on his back at state by a mater dei wrestler

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.