138 State Finals - Brayton Lee (Brownsburg) vs. Matt McKinney (Warren Central)

KarlHungus

the only time and place you see Brayton wrestle Red would be at Red Cobra. These two are very close friends and have been together since they were 5.....My guess is they would never be in the same weight #TheCounty

Edited by DLane

He is a great kid that didn't need to dodge anyone. He wrestled his weight that he was comfortable at and won period. He travels the country to wrestle the best kids. That kind of kid doesn't dodge. And... If anything he may have chose the best weight class for him to have the most success. That's just being smart in my book. I suspect that he will win again. Congrats to a really tough kid. #TheCounty

Edited by Mattyb

He didn't necessarily say Nick. He said the Lee's. However, I still find this non-credible and no wonder why his earlier post was deleted.

Maybe he moved up to HS to avoid their younger brother Matt Lee, he's pretty decent too.  I'd agree that his post doesn't hold enough weight and didn't need to be made.

Brayton Lee dropping from 145 to 138 was a team and coaches decision - and ultimately my decision.  We made a move of dropping all of our guys from 152 to 132 a weight class.  This allowed us to get a hard working senior in the lineup at 152 and we felt made all of our other wrestlers stronger a weight class down.  I would say it worked out okay for Brownsburg Wrestling this year.

To say Brayton Lee dodged anyone is absolutely hilarious and insulting.  He was in Nick Lee's weight class last year as someone else mentioned.  Also, fell free to look at the tournaments he attends - like Flo Nationals, Super 32, and Fargo.  Pretty decent competition at those.  Heck I can't get him to go to some of our team tournaments because there isn't tough enough competition there for him.

To the couple of internet hero tough guys who decided to come after a sophomore in high school I ask:  What in the world did Brayton Lee do this weekend to make you attack him?  He won a State Championship as an undefeated Sophomore in High School and I could not be more proud of how he handled himself.

#ToughGuys

Snyder

Edited by Darrick Snyder

Wasn't Nick Lee believed to be headed for 138 before his injury and appearance at Team State? Unless they had better intel in the Brownsburg startling room than everyone else, it makes no sense that he was dodging anyone when he could have been putting himself in a position to deal w/ Nick. Or what if Red started having trouble making 132 during the season. I'll take coaches word rather than nonsense spouted anonymously.

I always find it interesting when people insinuate a wrestler is dodging another by picking a weight class at the beginning of the year. The coach has to be involved and help determine the best for the team not the individual. There have to be too many ways it can backfire throughout the season.

Well said coach and as previously said this was posted by a classless non credible source who does not speak or represent Brownsburg Wrestling. Keep the #PainTrain rolling buddy !!!

#PainTrain makes a lot more sense. All weekend I thought people were trying to make it rain paint.

Coach Snyder,

I'm just wondering if Brayton's face has recovered from that state title smile yet.  He was grinning from ear to ear after the win and figured his face may still be stuck in that position. Great year for him.

I dont think Brayton ever stops smiling! Ecerytime I see him or talk to him he is grinning from ear to ear #TheCounty

I dont think Brayton ever stops smiling! Ecerytime I see him or talk to him he is grinning from ear to ear #TheCounty

Except that mean mug he was trying so hard to put on in the intros.  I was dying watching him because he was almost straining to keep that serious mean face.  It is unnatural for him since he is almost always smiling.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.