IndyStar article on toughness of wrestlers from Day 1 of State

MattM

Being from the south I feel for Baxter Annakin, he just lost a heartbreaker on the biggest stage in high school wrestling, and you would expect a teenage kid to throw a fit and make a scene, but no he had class unlike his head coach. I don't understand how you can degrade a kid like that in front of thousands of people on the biggest stage. Unfortunately been watching it for years from this head coach. There is a better place that could've been done and it's not out in from of thousands of fans.

Great article. People were dogging Doyal about not understanding wrestling in his piece about CJ's quest for 4 titles and an undefeated carrier. I think anyone who reads this will see that he at least understands the type of passion that Indiana wrestlers have about this sport. He definitely captures the heartbreak aspect of not achieving your goals. Nice read.

Wow, great article, Doyel.  ...and he brings in the bit about the impending "epic" battle between Red and Lee that everyone was asking for.  I remember Doyel dabbling in MMA training and writing about it when he was at CBS, so it seems he's most likely at least got a small genuine interest in our sport.

Wow, great article, Doyel. ...and he brings in the bit about the impending "epic" battle between Red and Lee that everyone was asking for. I remember Doyel dabbling in MMA training and writing about it when he was at CBS, so it seems he's most likely at least got a small genuine interest in our sport.

. If I recall correctly he comes from an amateur boxing background, soy hat experience likely helps him gain perspective of what's involved to be successful in combat style sports like wrestling and MMA.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.