Announcer on mat 4 trackwrestling video Friday night

John Galt

Love announcer on mat 4 on trackwrestling video feed. Pronounced Lukaszka's name 3 different ways during the match(I couldn't do any better), used the phrase "for no apparent reason" when describing a move, talking about the pacers jerseys in the rafters, etc. Very knowledgeable and called em right all night and absolutely a hoot of a commentator!

Yeah, he's killing me.  halfway through the Glogouski match, I started counting the number of different pronunciations...I gave up at 6.  Glowski, Loski, Gogoski, Glowskus...you get the idea.  Fun twang with a lot of "for no apparent reason" types of comments, as you said.

Edited by maligned

Yeah, he's killing me.  halfway through the Glogouski match, I started counting the number of different pronunciations...I gave up at 6.  Glowski, Loski, Gogoski, Glowskus...you get the idea.  Fun twang with a lot of "for no apparent reason" types of comments, as you said.

Not to mention he kept pronouncing Luigs like Loogis, or Louie-gis

A woman approaches him in the background noise to ask if he's got any garbage for her to take away.  "No, ma'am."  Then under his breath to someone else, "I'm saving this cup for somethin' else later, if you know what i'm gettin' at."   

huh?

Caleb Hankenson, aka "CJ Hankerson", just got a takedown

about Damler: "He's jacked and tatted, man."

Edited by maligned

I know these guys are working hard to put out a good broadcast.  So first off, thanks.

In the spirit of making it even better, any way to give the camera guys some feedback on the zoom levels for Saturday?

Here is what was happening on Friday:

Cameras.png

Camera 1 is a little tight

Camera 2 is also a little tight

Camera 3 is really wide

Camera 4 is really tight  

It looks like the cameraman don't see the scoreboard on the top.  I think that is some of it.  IMHO being just a bit wide is the best strategy.  Also, the least amount of camera movement is much better for viewing and fast streaming.  That is easier with a wide view.  

Tell the cameramen thanks for making this happen and keep up the good work.  It is great to be there virtually, when we can't be there in person.

Was there last night then came home and watched it again until 2am!!!! When you are there you miss this match or that match. To be able to come home after all those great matches and to go back to see what you missed is worth every penny of the $10 fee! Technology is a beautiful thing!!!

I believe that the young man is Nick Littlejohn. One of my favorite dudes! Most of you have seen him refing our youth tournaments. Great guy!

Yes he's the one stationed on Mat 4.

Edited by MattM

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.