CHAD RED THREW ON HIS BACK?!

Chasetheankle

Reaction time and settling into control are highly emphasized in high school wrestling for officials.  That was not a takedown.  That official is a past Olympic official and anyone would argue he's one of the 2 or 3 best in our state--if not the best.  It was exciting and it was close to a miracle and all of that; however, you have to settle into control in high school wrestling more than in college--and much more than the exposure and quick-fall situations of freestyle and greco.  We the fans are the ones freaked out by that situation and bringing our biases--not the official on the mat that's officiated far better wrestlers in far bigger moments than Red-Gunsett.

Reaction time and settling into control are highly emphasized in high school wrestling for officials. That was not a takedown. That official is a past Olympic official and anyone would argue he's one of the 2 or 3 best in our state--if not the best. It was exciting and it was close to a miracle and all of that; however, you have to settle into control in high school wrestling more than in college--and much more than the exposure and quick-fall situations of freestyle and greco. We the fans are the ones freaked out by that situation and bringing our biases--not the official on the mat that's officiated far better wrestlers in far bigger moments than Red-Gunsett.

I respect that and I understand what you are saying but in my opinion that was 2. Doesn't really matter tho.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.