Top Eleven Ways To Identify a "Region" Fan at State

hook and half

If you're going to call someone out for making a mistake in their post, the least you can do is use the correct word to describe the feelings people from Chicago have toward those from NWI. I believe the word you were looking for was disdain not detain. Lived at 3750 N. Racine in Wrigleyville and grew up on the south side of the city, trust me when I tell you, the Region is a lot more Chicago than the rest of the state. Going to Purdue made the difference between the Region and the rest of the state abundantly clear. You can make fun of it, but it's home and I'm proud to live here.

Since I couldn't find my Region Rat t-shirt (thinking one of the ex-girlfriends stole it) I figured I'd wear the next best thing this weekend to identify as a proud member of the 219. Look for me in the DITKA t-shirt on Saturday.

A real Bears fan has one of these in his closet:

chi_hof06_800.jpg

I grew up a "hilljack" in Southern Indiana, and I wrestled in the EV SS. I have now lived in Chicago, not Northwest Indiana for 12 years. Please don't refer to yourself as someone from a big city to pretend you are more cosmopolitan than other people from Indiana. You don't live in Chicago, and you are just as big of a "hilljack" as everyone else from Indiana, myself included. People from the city look at you the same way you look at everyone else in Indiana, with detain. Simply because you live near Chicago doesn't make you better than any other Hoosier. Also, if you are going to use a Carl Sandberg quotation at least get it right.

#42 Ways to identify someone from Da Region...

We do not pretend, nor do we use Carl SandBURG (not berg) quotes  :)

Loosen up Francis, you have 12 years in the Big City under your belt...act like it  :)

I grew up a "hilljack" in Southern Indiana, and I wrestled in the EV SS. I have now lived in Chicago, not Northwest Indiana for 12 years. Please don't refer to yourself as someone from a big city to pretend you are more cosmopolitan than other people from Indiana. You don't live in Chicago, and you are just as big of a "hilljack" as everyone else from Indiana, myself included. People from the city look at you the same way you look at everyone else in Indiana, with detain. Simply because you live near Chicago doesn't make you better than any other Hoosier. Also, if you are going to use a Carl Sandberg quotation at least get it right.

Cosmopolitan...  Bwahahaha!!!  Priceless.

Region = cosmopolitan  nailed it!

#42 Ways to identify someone from Da Region...

We do not pretend, nor do we use Carl SandBURG (not berg) quotes   :)

Loosen up Francis, you have 12 years in the Big City under your belt...act like it   :)

Might quote Ryne Sandburg,  but never quote  Carl Sandburg.

Saw a big ole Rat Blow up by WJOB dis morning celebratin 219 feast. Takin da f 250 for dat long ride down I-65. Feelin kinda sick ( cough cough) got to leave Mital around 1100 am. Stoppin on da way home to pick me a up a new region rat sweatshirt for da weekend. Need a little help for tonight. Can someone recommend a place wit adualt beverages and entertainment for me on da posse. Not lookin for deem corn feed girls but maybe some of deem Carmel girls makin a extra few bucks doin acrubatics on a pole. Bringin a wad of singles for some tips. Could be a mitty fun night if you know what I mean.

Spoken like a "hilljack" (you said it) who moved to the city and doesn't (or ever has) lived in the Region. Thanks for filling me in!

I will take the bait Hook.

Top Eleven Ways To Identify an "Evansville" Fan at State

11) They regularly exit the field house to chain smoke another pack of Marlboro Reds

10) Half of all conversations they hold are about corn

9) Cowboy boots.

8) The other half of their conversations pertain to how bad Indianapolis area schools are about recruiting

7) The outline of their can of Grizzly is permanently held by their jeans

6) They scream the word "two" at least fifty times on Friday night

5) "Da Region" is viewed as fighting words

4) The only thing bigger than their truck is their ego

3) They take offense to the words Kentucky and Kentuckian

2) Spladles and banana splits are viewed as a viable offensive pinning combination and not a move of opportunity

1) They view Hook 'n Half as a fake "Evansvillite" who is trying his best to blend in

Top Five Ways To Identify Hook 'n Half at State

5) Listen for "dad" noises (grunts, groans, throat clearing, mumbling vaguely coherent phrases)

4) Man Van.

3) He will mention his book at least twice in any conversation (granted it is quite well written and worthy of such behavior)

2) The word "two" will escape from his lips followed by the phrase "Awh, come on!"

1) He will be sporting a long-sleeve Mater Dei wrestling shirt as well as New Balance shoes and a hat he bought at the GAP for half off

11) They regularly exit the field house to chain smoke another pack of Marlboro Reds

9) Cowboy boots.

8) The other half of their conversations pertain to how bad Indianapolis area schools are about recruiting

2) Spladles and banana splits are viewed as a viable offensive pinning combination and not a move of opportunity

1) They view Hook 'n Half as a fake "Evansvillite" who is trying his best to blend in

5) Listen for "dad" noises (grunts, groans, throat clearing, mumbling vaguely coherent phrases)

4) Man Van.

3) He will mention his book at least twice in any conversation (granted it is quite well written and worthy of such behavior)

2) The word "two" will escape from his lips followed by the phrase "Awh, come on!"

1) He will be sporting a long-sleeve Mater Dei wrestling shirt as well as New Balance shoes and a hat he bought at the GAP for half off

Hey now

9) Cowboy boots.

4) Man Van.

I almost ran off da road into one of does wind mills I was laughin so hard.

concussed and confused, on 19 Feb 2016 - 12:21 PM, said:

9) Cowboy boots.

8) The other half of their conversations pertain to how bad Indianapolis area schools are about recruiting

4) Man Van.

Nice come back....The Hook enjoys handing out the red ars....he is not too keen on receiving. "Two" just warming up

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.