County with most going to State?

Here are some numbers factoring the population of each county and the # of qualifiers. The first number represents the qualifiers the second number indicates the amount of wrestlers sent to state per each 100,000 persons. Or in words, how many wrestlers will go to state for every 100,00 persons living in that county (on average)

Adams. 7 - 20.8/ 100k

Allen. 6 - 1.6/ 100k

Delaware 9 - 7.5/ 100k

Hendricks 15 - 10.3/ 100k

Lake. 20 - 4/ 100k

Marion. 27 - 2.9/ 100k

Per capita Adams and Hendricks are out front with Adams more than doubling the per capita wrestlers sent to state of the rest of the pack (I think we've all known this was a wrestling county, but to see the #s it's pretty amazing)

Edited by Westforkwhite

Here are some numbers factoring the population of each county and the # of qualifiers. The first number represents the qualifiers the second number indicates the amount of wrestlers sent to state per each 100,000 persons. Or in words, how many wrestlers will go to state for every 100,00 persons living in that county (on average)

Adams. 7 - 20.8/ 100k

Allen. 6 - 1.6/ 100k

Delaware 9 - 7.5/ 100k

Lake. 20 - 4/ 100k

Marion. 27 - 2.9/ 100k

Per capita Adams and Hendricks are out front with Adams more than doubling the per capita wrestlers sent to state of the rest of the pack (I think we've all known this was a wrestling county, but to see the #s it's pretty amazing)

I was hoping someone could run some numbers like this. That is pretty good!

Adams. 7 - 20.8/ 100k

Allen. 6 - 1.6/ 100k

Delaware 9 - 7.5/ 100k

Lake. 20 - 4/ 100k

Marion. 27 - 2.9/ 100k

Excellent Stats ... I'll go out on limb here and say Hendricks County will have the most State medals this year . This County is Arguably the best wrestling County in the State .

Adams. 7 - 20.8/ 100k

Allen. 6 - 1.6/ 100k

Delaware 9 - 7.5/ 100k

Lake. 20 - 4/ 100k

Marion. 27 - 2.9/ 100k

It's pretty neat to see such a small area be as good or better STATISTICALLY than the larger portions of the state. Adams County is without a doubt a wrestling county.

Adams. 7 - 20.8/ 100k

Allen. 6 - 1.6/ 100k

Delaware 9 - 7.5/ 100k

Lake. 20 - 4/ 100k

Marion. 27 - 2.9/ 100k

Good stats, now I would like to see the stats off Free and Reduced lunch.  Everyone focuses on how big a school is, however economic status is a major battle that is often overlooked.  Marion County schools and IPS schools know exactly what I am talking about.  There are many factors that go in, so basing success off of population is a little ridiculous 

I was informed of a mistake on Delaware

Delaware - 10 - 8.4/ 100k

Elkhart - 11 - 5.5/ 100k

Good stats, now I would like to see the stats off Free and Reduced lunch.  Everyone focuses on how big a school is, however economic status is a major battle that is often overlooked.  Marion County schools and IPS schools know exactly what I am talking about.  There are many factors that go in, so basing success off of population is a little ridiculous

Adams isn't exactly a wealthy county, so it hardly explains away 7 times the participants per capita it has over Marion. Albeit there are many other factors involved, which ones factor more wasn't the point of the post.

Someone clearly voting for Bernie Sanders....

One thing it may show is that the percentage of the student body who go out for wrestling may be much higher in the small schools.  I know in my small town in Iowa it was your civic duty to go out for wrestling.  How many potential state champs are there in the big schools that never step onto a mat?  Isn't participation at least one of the goals in the grand scheme of high school athletics?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.