Team Race- Interesting at 106, 113 and 120

Devils27

...And this one is Brownsburg's to lose. Mills, Weaver, and Mulkey all could very well place top 4 at the first 3 weight classes alone, Lee is the favorite at 138, and Damler has a good shot at squeezing his way to the semi finals. Walton got probably the toughest draw out of any semi state champion in the whole tournament honestly(Goering, then Gray, then Hughes), but just so long as he places I like the team's chances.

I agree. They were extremely impressive last Saturday.

6 champs, one 2nd & one 3rd.

I see them getting 7 through to Saturday & possibly all 8 - McCormick has a tough Friday night match.

You are correct about Walton having a murderers row of a draw, but after seeing him in Evansville I believe he is up to the task to at least make the semi's. I wouldn't even be shocked to see him upset Hughes & take this weight.

I agree. They were extremely impressive last Saturday.

6 champs, one 2nd & one 3rd.

I see them getting 7 through to Saturday & possibly all 8 - McCormick has a tough Friday night match.

You are correct about Walton having a murderers row of a draw, but after seeing him in Evansville I believe he is up to the task to at least make the semi's. I wouldn't even be shocked to see him upset Hughes & take this weight.

Didn't Brownsburg advance 7? I thought Warren had the most with 8.

Also, Hughes is a lock. NO ONE is beating him!

Edited by dwise

Team Race:

The most prestigious award of them all, the team state championship, desired by all teams, but only claimed by one. This year’s team race is as close as it can get. IMO there are three teams with a horse in the race. The bull dogs of Brownsburg, the Kingsmen of Penn and the Warriors of Warren Central.  

Break down of teams:

Brownsburg:

7 wrestlers

Predicted places:

106: 1st

113: 3rd

120: 3rd

138 1st

170 3rd

182: 4th

195: NP

Penn:

7 Wrestlers

Predicted places:

106: 2cd

113: 6th

120: 1st

152: 2cd

160: 4th

195: NP

220: 1st

Warren Central:

8 wrestlers

106: 3rd

113: 5th

120: 7th

126: 5th

138: 3rd

152: 4th

170: NP

195: 2cd   

Possible Key Matches (based off of MY predicted Places)

106: ALL 3 TEAMS HAVE A WRESTLER

Mills(BB) Vs Murphy(WC)- Semis

Mills(BB) Vs. Cavanaugh(Penn) Finals

113: ALL 3 TEAMS HAVE A WRESTLER

Turner(WC) Vs. Slates(Penn) 5th/6th place match

120: All 3 TEAMS HAVE WRESTLERS

Hildebrant(Penn) Vs. Mullkey(WC)- Finals

138: McKinney (WC) Vs. Lee(BB)- Finals

152: Pruitt (WC) Vs. Prentice(Penn)- Semis

The final team scores will ultimately come down to the team that peaks and has the wrestlers with the most heart. This Saturday which ever team can do that will be the champion. Good luck to all teams.

For the Indians of Portage:

7 wrestlers

113: 8th

126: 3rd

132: Np

145: 7th

152: 1st

170: 4th

285: NP

Always a chance here as a dark horse, but I just don't believe they will have enough fire power to take home a title.

285 has a win over mammolenti at al smith. Torres is 1-1 with Bailey this year. I think they will be in the mix also Edited by ontherise219

I would say anyone with a brain would say the true team championship was already battled for

But I'm betting you wouldn't mind adding the Coaches Trophy.  It sure would put a stamp on the "best team" bragging rights.

Like in college, there is the National Duels but the National Team Title is crowned in the NCAA Tournament. It may not be the best/right way to do it, but that is how it is. Speaking of the National Duels, I for one don't like what they've done with it this year. How does Iowa have no shot at it? Turrible!

I think Cathedral gets all 6 through Friday night. Them & Portage are for sure the dark horses, Warren got bad draws, Penn I think isn't a huge factor (especially since Woods won't beat Parris), it's Brownsburg's to lose. But ah, we left out good ol Mater Dei w/ 3 potential state champs...

I'll bet you Woods beats Parris should they meet.

Loser makes a donation to the winner's school/organization/booster club of choice?

Name your stakes. We can have one of the site mods hold it in escrow to ensure the loser pays and the winner gets their stake back.

All the hype and predictions surrounding 220 remind me of one of the best scenes in one of the best television series...

"You want it to be one way... but it's the other way."

Edited by LongBlackLine

But I'm betting you wouldn't mind adding the Coaches Trophy. It sure would put a stamp on the "best team" bragging rights.

Like in college, there is the National Duels but the National Team Title is crowned in the NCAA Tournament. It may not be the best/right way to do it, but that is how it is. Speaking of the National Duels, I for one don't like what they've done with it this year. How does Iowa have no shot at it? Turrible!

Best team should be My 14 kids vs your 14 kids not can the Bellmont kid beat the warren kid Friday night..it is what it is but anyone who believes it's the "true" title is lying to themselves

Best team should be My 14 kids vs your 14 kids not can the Bellmont kid beat the warren kid Friday night..it is what it is but anyone who believes it's the "true" title is lying to themselves

You're missing the point of the state finals with your comment. Instead of having two weeks of tournaments you have one crazy weekend where everything is on the line. Where a team with no individual state champs can still be in the hunt for a team title. Everyone has a bias though. You probably won the team title via dual and others via the individual tourney as a team. It's no biggie but this argument has no place two days before the championship. Maybe we'll pick it up next week. Good luck everyone. RDP

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you.

But surely you do have aspirations of winning the coaches trophy? And I'm not trying to insinuate that if Brownsburg does not win the Coaches Trophy that it in any way diminishes the Team Dual Title.

Lastly, I took the opportunity to address the changes that were made with the college National Duals. I think it was a bad idea & low & behold in the first year of this new format they have Penn State & Iowa both undefeated & ranked 1 & 2, and yet they will not be deciding the title on the mat against each other.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you.

But surely you do have aspirations of winning the coaches trophy? And I'm not trying to insinuate that if Brownsburg does not win the Coaches Trophy that it in any way diminishes the Team Dual Title.

Lastly, I took the opportunity to address the changes that were made with the college National Duals. I think it was a bad idea & low & behold in the first year of this new format they have Penn State & Iowa both undefeated & ranked 1 & 2, and yet they will not be deciding the title on the mat against each other.

Umm the trophy won this weekend isn't the coaches trophy, it's the OFFICIAL IHSAA trophy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.