Should the 132lb final be last on Saturday?

Y2CJ41

289 members have voted

1. 1. Should Lee vs. Red be the last match

• Yes, why are you even asking?
    • No, I want to see Streck maul someone last.

I think this is a slap in the face to all the other wrestlers competing Red and Lee aren't anymore special than any of the other wrestlers who have worked so hard to get there!!!!!

A kid going for 4 state titles while being undefeated is pretty special to most.

I think this is a slap in the face to all the other wrestlers competing Red and Lee aren't anymore special than any of the other wrestlers who have worked so hard to get there!!!!!

What kind of slap in the face is it to the heavyweights every year when most of the crowd has left already? I see nothing wrong with adjusting the order of finals matches. Illinois draws a starting weight for their finals and I doubt that offends anyone. So, why not put 132 last? It would definitely assure that all the kids in the finals have the same capacity crowd watching their match under the lights.

What kind of slap in the face is it to the heavyweights every year when most of the crowd has left already? I see nothing wrong with adjusting the order of finals matches. Illinois draws a starting weight for their finals and I doubt that offends anyone. So, why not put 132 last? It would definitely assure that all the kids in the finals have the same capacity crowd watching their match under the lights.

I would agree. Adjust every year as far as I am concerned. Create a committee and have them decide every year what match should be last after the semi finals are done. Call it the main event.

That is why the decision is after the semis. Myself I hope Red loses in the semis. But I am extremely biased. :)

Mighty fine salesman, you just sold me on that note. Not too mention, how many of those competing this weekend, want to see this match go down as a finale.

Might be pushing out luck here guys, I will take the fact that the match will take place in the Finals.

But it would be cool to see this match as the main event, Parris-Woods though may keep most people in their seats this year before the disrespected big guys take the mat.

Hate to play Debbie Downer, but I'll point out again that I believe the Rule Books allowed for tournaments to start at a different weight class, but it is suppose to be a "blind draw." Plus, if I recall correctly the entire day must be set up follow that weight class order not just the finals. That's some decent arranging The IHSAA would have to agree to, and we will see just how "blind" they actually make it.

Edited by MattM

Hate to play Debbie Downer, but I'll point out again that I believe the Rule Books allowed for tournaments to start at a different weight class, but it is suppose to be a "blind draw." Plus, if I recall correctly the entire day must be set up follow that weight class order not just the finals. That's some decent arranging of thing a, and we will see just how "blind" they actually make it.

Rules are made to be bent, the IHSAA can change that.

With so many casual fans in the building that won't fully understand the significance of Red/Lee, many spectators would be headed out for their late-night long drives home already even if it were the last match.  Unfortunately, it wouldn't be like NCAAs, where the majority of people in the stands are true fans there to see all the matches.

Rules are made to be bent, the IHSAA can change that.

Even though this is a good idea.  I'm going off precedence, I don't remember many instances were the IHSAA bent a rule.  I would call them a very inflexible organization.   I think they're logic   would result in a no  response  with an explanation like,  this is a slippery slope.  If we moved weight classes,  then we might  have to make the 100M hurdles the last event at the state track tournament or we might have make the 100 butterfly the last event at the state swim tournament.    

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

I think Indiana wrestling fans are intelligent enough to realize a kid is going for his 4th title and on top of that having an undefeated career. Don't sell Indiana wrestling fans short on intelligence. 

You might be right.  It would be fun to find out.

If we moved weight classes, then we might have to make the 100M hurdles the last event at the state track tournament or we might have make the 100 butterfly the last event at the state swim tournament.

Is there actually specific order set by the rules for swimming and track events or is it just a traditional arrangement of events that still carries over? Edited by MattM

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.