Coy Vs Lee

Tim The Beaver

It seems many people are looking over this possible match up this weekend. I understand its no Red vs Lee, but they are two extraordinary wrestlers. Coy with his greco background and out standing season so far and Lee with national placements and ranking. i think that this match between two studs could be right up there with the 132 final (or semi final)

Although Coy is currently injured (it's no secret, we all see by how he's wrestling) this will be an amazing match. Coy has an uncanny ability to defend shots and put people to their back in a swift manner. However B. Lees a very dominant wrestler who will not be easily beat

i hope Coy gets healthy... he struggled against average wrestlers this weekend at semi state.. clearly because of an injury of some sort. i think its more than just a wrist, but if he isn't healthy i don't think the match with him and Lee will be good, if it even happens... really hoping  he somehow gets healthy before then!! 

I understand it is a different year, but I'm pretty sure Lee and Coy wrestled in the semi's last year in the semi's with Lee pinning him in a little more than a minute.

He wrestled nick lee last year. This is Brayton lee. I probably should have been more clear.

Edited by Tim The Beaver

I don't know if this match will live up to the hype based solely on the fact that Coy is visibly hurt and nearly was defeated this weekend not once but twice. NO disrespect for Mr. Rasler and Mr. Rutter but they are not quite at the level of the best in the state that B Lee is. I think B Lee takes this one. Coy has a visibly injured wrist and potential neck/back injury. 

coys past failures (in weight management and bone strength) have obviously motivated him and I believe he probably has more heart and drive than Lee.

You obviously were not in Evansville yesterday. B. Lee looked as or more motivated than any other wrestler. He was extremely impressive as well. I witnessed his disappointing loss to Bethel a year ago & it was abundantly clear yesterday that no-one was denying him this year.

I don't know if this match will live up to the hype based solely on the fact that Coy is visibly hurt and nearly was defeated this weekend not once but twice. NO disrespect for Mr. Rasler and Mr. Rutter but they are not quite at the level of the best in the state that B Lee is. I think B Lee takes this one. Coy has a visibly injured wrist and potential neck/back injury. 

that's exactly how I felt about it

I'm really dissapointed Coy is hurt. One of the most entertaining wrestlers I have watched in the last couple years. I wish him the best, but things aren't looking good, he was really struggling with his hand from what I witnessed on Saturday. I believe injury free he is a state champ!

i hope Coy gets healthy... he struggled against average wrestlers this weekend at semi state.. clearly because of an injury of some sort. i think its more than just a wrist, but if he isn't healthy i don't think the match with him and Lee will be good, if it even happens... really hoping he somehow gets healthy before then!!

Rasler having a record of 50-4 is better than an average wrestler. Edited by Panthermom

Coy is wrestling frustrated and is most likely injured but it wasn't that he struggled against average wrestlers, his competition attacked him and wrestled hard. Yet he still finished on top. KInd of reminds me of what happened to Conner Knapp last year he was the returning guy from the state semifinals and he lost at semistate to Coy and then in the state  tournament to Jordan Vaughn.... he wasn't struggling against average wrestlers, guys were stepping up and unfortunately he was injured

Sage Coy is elite and I hope he finds his groove next weekend so we can see him under the lights

Is Sage the last true state caliber remanent of the Muncie Southside high school program? For that reason along I hope he overcomes his injury and has a great showing at state. The Rebels deserve on more good ride for old time sake, even if it's under the banner of a different school.

Edited by MattM

Isn't Sage the last true state caliber remanent of the Muncie Southside high school program? For that reason along I hope he overcomes his injury and has a great showing at state. The Rebels deserve more good ride for old time sake, even if it's under the banner of a different school.

not quite. You have Cooper at Muncie central who came from Soutside. He was a semi-state qualifier. Also, Reyes from Central was a ticket-rounder this year. Both of these kids still have senior years so Muncie South might have 2 more state-caliber kids.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.