Grass isn't always Greener on the Other Side..

I must be in the minority but never had a bad experience with any of the merrillville workers.

Were those "Rich East Rockets" wrestling mats? What's up with that??

They said Paul chandler had the connection at Rich East. Also Paul chandler did a great job for EC. Edited by ontherise219

You guys really have no clue about the ADs at Merrillville.

Rat, you of all people so familiar with Region wrestling should know the ties she has to wrestling. Both are huge fans of wrestling. You guys all complain about how rude they are but after running a tournament for over 38 years, you deal with more than enough of rude inconsiderate fans wanting everything their way and not being reasonable. We as a wrestling community probably have some of the most unique, I will keep it clean, coaches. The thing that gets me is that most of the people that complain have never ran a major event and don't realize the amount of effort it takes to pull it off. So let's stick to the topic and give the pros and cons of our new venue and keep the personal attacks out of the posts.

I don't think it's a bad thing to run 4 mats for the Semis, an easy fix to me would be to run 4 mats together though. Example, 106/113, wait til the completion, then go to your next two weights 120/126, and so on. I think that is a reasonable compromise and still moves tournament at a good pace.

Edited by XCard

All can say it is a major improvement -the event out grew the facilty 15 years ago. Not that merryville did wrong - blame da Ihsaa for lettin go on long to long.

One otter ting - da south bend and lafeyette people really get to see da region. Mital / bp in da back drop. Da land of big shoulders

Clarification for everybody, was not saying headlock83 said anything at all negative or took any shots at anyone. Sounded like he actually prefers the Merrillville site. Sorry for any misunderstandings. Just defending a couple of individuals that I feel have always taken a lot of heat on this board.

Clarification for everybody, was not saying headlock83 said anything at all negative or took any shots at anyone. Sounded like he actually prefers the Merrillville site. Sorry for any misunderstandings. Just defending a couple of individuals that I feel have always taken a lot of heat on this board.

Understood. Thanks for clarifying.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.