Nick Lee Techs Elliott Molloy

Huskie70

Red beats #16 Welliever 7-2, Lee techs #3 Molley in just over 3 minutes. I would say he is healthy and ready for a shot at Red.

To add another perspective to this. Molloy dismanteled #17 Elpers(No) 18-9 in a takedown clinic. I'm not taking anything from Elpers cause he's a tough opponent, Molloy just looked that good. To witness what Lee did to Molloy though was just WOW! Not only did he easily take down the #3 ranked wrestler with ease, he put him on his back with ease. I've been saying to be the man, you have to beat the man for a while now. I think after witnessing this onslaught, Reds chances of not only going undefeated in his HS career but being part if the lucrative 4x champ is in SERIOUS jeapordy at this point. Just my opinion.

I thoroughly expected this to be a competitive match. I followed it on track and was blown away at how Lee was racking up points on the, at that time, undefeated Molloy.

The transitive properties of wrestling don't always hold true, so I know we can't say Lee is better than Red just because he dominated his SS more than Red did, but I am even more excited to see this match than I was (and it was already the match I was most excited for). It PPV worthy.

Red also teched Brookbank in under 3 minutes in the finals...Brookbank beat Mellow in the ticket round. 

We will get to see Red versus Molloy hopefully in the semis...which will give us a better indication.

I have watched both Red and Lee for a long time and both are unbelievable wrestlers. I was anxious to see the Molloy match because it would be the best gauge yet as to where Lee is after injury and test his conditioning. I daresay he looked more dominant than I think I have ever seen him. I don' expect him to go through Red like that but it truly is anyone's match at this point. Personally, I love it for the sport. Most good wrestlers tend to avoid each other so they have a better chance at a title. Lee always goes after the best. If Red wins, then he probably does go down as the best. Of all the four timers, I think Lance Ellis faced the most top notch wrestlers on a consistent basis.

I'll take Red 7-4. Kinda of reminds me of Manny vs Floyd boxing. Common opponents Floyd cruised and Manny demolished. When they met Floyd's defensive ability proved to be too much for Manny. I think we'll see that same kind of result, albeit being different sports. JMO

I'll take Red 7-4. Kinda of reminds me of Manny vs Floyd boxing. Common opponents Floyd cruised and Manny demolished. When they met Floyd's defensive ability proved to be too much for Manny. I think we'll see that same kind of result, albeit being different sports. JMO

Good comparison!  Although, Manny was at the end or even out of his prime when they fought.  

I fear the same.  I'm rooting for Lee, but my gut tells me Red wins.  I re-watched Lee vs. Micic Friday night and Lee couldn't get anything done.  He couldn't get to Micic's legs.  I fear the same will happen.  Red has such awesome balance and the ability to scramble.  I hope my gut is wrong and Lee dominates...... Either way, I look forward to seeing excitement!

Good comparison!  Although, Manny was at the end or even out of his prime when they fought.  

Not to mention hampered by a bad shoulder.  That said, Manny wasn't beating Floyd.  Possibly 3-4 years prior, but still doubtful. Floyd's ability to not get hit, especially with a big shot or multiple shots is as good as it gets.  The question is, can Red fed off Lee in the same manner? 

Not to mention hampered by a bad shoulder.  That said, Manny wasn't beating Floyd.  Possibly 3-4 years prior, but still doubtful. Floyd's ability to not get hit, especially with a big shot or multiple shots is as good as it gets.  The question is, can Red fed off Lee in the same manner? 

Lee is the offensive wrestler Red the more defensive wrestler. Looking back at the match between Red and Pletcher the offence was Pletcher's with Red scoring defensively. I think Lee's body type will work to his advantage much longer than Pletcher. Plus IMO Lee is better than Pletcher. A comparison to the Micic/Lee Match doesn't work for me. It was two years ago and Lee as a freshman didn't really have a good shot against Micic as a senior.

It's almost laughable that some people are picking Red based off of how a freshman Lee did two years ago against one of the best in the nation. If you want to pick Red, do it based off of his outstanding accomplishments, not a loss from Lee to somebody who would have likely dropped the hammer on Red that year as well.

And get ready to burn me at the stake. I pick Lee to win a high scoring, competitive match... By fall.

It's almost laughable that some people are picking Red based off of how a freshman Lee did two years ago against one of the best in the nation. If you want to pick Red, do it based off of his outstanding accomplishments, not a loss from Lee to somebody who would have likely dropped the hammer on Red that year as well.

And get ready to burn me at the stake. I pick Lee to win a high scoring, competitive match... By fall.

I did so based on how the match played out from a style perspective.  Lee was aggressive and couldn't score on Micic.  If Red's defense is excellent, will Lee run into similar problems?    I think it is a very valid look at how the styles may play out.  Will it be accurate?  We'll know next week at this time.

Edited by SWINfan

Lee was a freshman wrestling a nationally ranked Micic. Give Lee props for going after him but you had a nationally ranked wrestler who was three years older (that is a big physical difference at those ages) . Red is only one year older than Lee with no real physical advantage. I look for a very good match. If you want to be a 4-time champion then this is what it is about. You have to beat back all challengers and I think the whole state appreciates Lee dropping a class from last year to go after Red. If Red wins, he will have definately cemented his legacy. if he loses then he will still go down as one of the best wrestlers in Indiana history.

As far as the best 4-timer. I would go with Escobedo. He did beat some very good wrestlers who did not dodge him (Macke) and went on to have an outstanding collegiate career. Jason Tsirtsis would be right there also but I do not think he faced the same level of talent as Escobedo in High School (feel free to disagree).

Lee was a freshman wrestling a nationally ranked Micic. Give Lee props for going after him but you had a nationally ranked wrestler who was three years older (that is a big physical difference at those ages) . Red is only one year older than Lee with no real physical advantage. I look for a very good match. If you want to be a 4-time champion then this is what it is about. You have to beat back all challengers and I think the whole state appreciates Lee dropping a class from last year to go after Red. If Red wins, he will have definately cemented his legacy. if he loses then he will still go down as one of the best wrestlers in Indiana history.

As far as the best 4-timer. I would go with Escobedo. He did beat some very good wrestlers who did not dodge him (Macke) and went on to have an outstanding collegiate career. Jason Tsirtsis would be right there also but I do not think he faced the same level of talent as Escobedo in High School (feel free to disagree).

Nick Lee is wrestling the same class he won last year.  Joe Lee was runner-up at 138 last year.  Chad is the one wrestling up a class (presumably to take on Lee?).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.