Fort Wayne 170 finals

TheRightWay

Ref determined this match completely. I don't like when people knock the refs but seriously? 2 stale calls in 8 seconds to send the match into OT. Gray ends up losing in 3rd OT. Two tough kids wresting hard and to hit those 2 stalling calls was crazy.

Sorry, posted twice

Agreed, absolute garbage call(s).  Seems like a ref trying to force the outcome he wants on the match.

And of course you could hear dozens of people screaming "STALLING!" 3 seconds into the ride outs as though you're supposed to turn them or cut them right off the whistle.

If you have so much confidence that your wrestler is the best, let him prove it by winning with his skill, not badgering the ref for wishy-washy stalling calls.

Edited by Caleb Spires

If the ihsaa were to send the 3 Mishawaka schools of Penn, Marian and Mishawaka to FW, that would be a start at balance. I think Lawrence North is another school that is just outside the FW SS that could add balance.

Didn't see the match but two stall calls in 8 secs sounds ridiculous.

Lawrence North isn't even CLOSE to being in the Fort Wayne "district"

Get over it people

That was my entire complaint... How do you call a guy for stalling, twice, when he just scored the only TD of the entire match?!?! Defending two half-effort shots doesn't even justify a warning...

It was the exact duplicate off the week before, except the roles were reserved. Last week Baumgartner got the take down, got hit with the stalling after backing straight out of bounds. This week Gray got the takedown, glut hit with the stalling backing straight out of bounds. The only difference was last week Baumgartner stayed in the center defending a throw, until he got launched at the buzzer. This week Gray still backed straight up the whole last 12 seconds after getting hit with the stall, which led to the ref hitting him again with a stalling as time expired.

It was the exact duplicate off the week before, except the roles were reserved. Last week Baumgartner got the take down, got hit with the stalling after backing straight out of bounds. This week Gray got the takedown, glut hit with the stalling backing straight out of bounds. The only difference was last week Baumgartner stayed in the center defending a throw, until he got launched at the buzzer. This week Gray still backed straight up the whole last 12 seconds after getting hit with the stall, which led to the ref hitting him again with a stalling as time expired.

Might wanna rewatch the match! The stalling call at the buzzer was a bad call. Gray was defending takedowns and circling the last 10 seconds of the match. Gray was nowhere near backing straight up after the 2nd stall warning was given.

Backed straight up??? Looked like he got pushed out, with no shot taken, after letting him up and then just defended two shots in the last 8 seconds... Saying he backed straight up for 12 seconds is ridiculous... Calling someone for stalling at the buzzer is ridiculous on its own... Its easy to say it was a good call when it only benefitted your guy...

Edited by NavyGonzo

For those that weren't there IMO the crowd ruined this match more than the ref. Adults from both sides were pretty ridiculous yelling for stall calls. Regardless if the stall calls were correct or not the "adults" in the stands need to set a better example and root for their wrestler vs rooting against his opponent.

Edited by Rookies03

Growing up in the nineties turned my hatred for emd into a like for Belmont. So it's not a hate of Belmont. If I was a Belmont fan only I would say it was a good call. If was a fan of the sport who was standing 50 feet from the mat I would say it was a terrible call. The first one yes he deserved the warning. But 8 seconds later you call another one as time expires? In my twenty years of watching the sport I have not seen two calls that close together. Especially when he was in the center of the mat not backing up. Either way they should both do well next weekend.

Growing up in the nineties turned my hatred for emd into a like for Belmont. So it's not a hate of Belmont. If I was a Belmont fan only I would say it was a good call. If was a fan of the sport who was standing 50 feet from the mat I would say it was a terrible call. The first one yes he deserved the warning. But 8 seconds later you call another one as time expires? In my twenty years of watching the sport I have not seen two calls that close together. Especially when he was in the center of the mat not backing up. Either way they should both do well next weekend.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.