RIP Kevin Randleman

busstogate

I know this will eventually be moved to the college forum, but just wanted to put this out there.  He was one of MMA's pioneers and a great NCAA wrestler with THE Ohio State University, winning it all twice.  He was 44 and passed from pneumonia complications.

So sad to hear, prayers go out to his family. I remember going to Ohio states wrestling camp in the summer of 89 when him and Mark Colman were there. They were great with us kids and to this day those summers are some of my fondest memories. RIP Kevin, You will be missed.

Edited by boomer

I worked Kevin's matches in high school and freestyle. He was from Sandusky Ohio and he was such a natural athlete. He played football as well and was a 4 year starter. Sandusky has great football so that would be like starting 4 years at Warren or Ben Davis.

During the finals of the Big 10 one year he dislocated his jaw. The Dr refused to pop it back in so he could continue so Kevin slammed his own face into the mat and popped it back in and won the Big 10 Championship. If I were the other guy I would have said no thank you and defaulted...lol

At the Jr National Camp one year he told the coaches his knee was bothering him. They took him to the local team Dr in Beavercreek Oh and the Dr. asked if he walked in on that knee. Kevin told him he had been running on that knee. The Dr advised he had a torn ACL. He went to Jr Nationals and was All American.

I saw him in Vegas at Nationals a couple of years ago and we had a nice chat. He was working with kids and that didn't surprise me. I don't recall ever seeing his Dad around so I assume that was the motivating factor with the kids.

Gone too soon for sure.

I worked Kevin's matches in high school and freestyle. He was from Sandusky Ohio and he was such a natural athlete. He played football as well and was a 4 year starter. Sandusky has great football so that would be like starting 4 years at Warren or Ben Davis.

During the finals of the Big 10 one year he dislocated his jaw. The Dr refused to pop it back in so he could continue so Kevin slammed his own face into the mat and popped it back in and won the Big 10 Championship. If I were the other guy I would have said no thank you and defaulted...lol

At the Jr National Camp one year he told the coaches his knee was bothering him. They took him to the local team Dr in Beavercreek Oh and the Dr. asked if he walked in on that knee. Kevin told him he had been running on that knee. The Dr advised he had a torn ACL. He went to Jr Nationals and was All American.

I saw him in Vegas at Nationals a couple of years ago and we had a nice chat. He was working with kids and that didn't surprise me. I don't recall ever seeing his Dad around so I assume that was the motivating factor with the kids.

Gone too soon for sure.

tough guy, sad to hear. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.