Article: Evansville Semi-State Preview

Y2CJ41

There was a thread earlier about trying to get team state back from the IHSAA.  This thread proves why this will not happen any time soon.  Two pages of discussion about the Eville semi state.  Apparently there is not enough interest in the sport to warrant the IHSAA acting on a proposal.

What? Not sure what that has to do with this, but there was a whole 3 page discussion regarding peoples predictions for Evansville SS as well as this thread. They usually have a google hangout mid-week to discuss upcoming matches.

My thought is that the IHSAA doesn't care about what's going on a discussion board. But if this thread isn't long enough, how bout sparking up a little more conversation to keep it rolling? Couple of ideas for ya....

You could get into individual match ups that intrigue you. Who's style of wrestling matches up with someone else's style to give them an advantage(Van Horn's close firemans/high crotch vs Whitaker who's longer and has good hims to slow it down), etc.

Edited by sslaymon

Ok. 5 pages.  I can remember having 13 to 14 pages of discussions in years past.  Me starting new discussions is not the point.  Interest in the sport is dropping off.  There was a summer thread about class wrestling a few years back where Y2 and I debated pros and cons.  That summer thread was longer than these two combined.

Ok. 5 pages. I can remember having 13 to 14 pages of discussions in years past. Me starting new discussions is not the point. Interest in the sport is dropping off. There was a summer thread about class wrestling a few years back where Y2 and I debated pros and cons. That summer thread was longer than these two combined.

What about the topic "How much longer are we going to go on like this" or how about " any results from wild bill". These two topics alone show how much fire is still in the community and how active this message board is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.