Will FWSS produce a State Champion this year?

BrennanFan

Glogouski before   Hidebrandt or Reitz or even Rooks   I might be stubborn but.........WOW

So is it that they are the weakest this year or they have always been the weakest now? Your stubbornness comes from your past quote and has nothing at all to do with Glogouski's chance to win or not win a state title this year.

For 30 years many coaches in the Region area have commented about going through the Fort Wayne opposed to Merrillville SS so they could qualify more kids to the state tournament.  To answer your question about this year or always, I believe that with very few exceptions the Fort Wayne SS is and has always been the weakest SS in Indiana.      

For 30 years many coaches in the Region area have commented about going through the Fort Wayne opposed to Merrillville SS so they could qualify more kids to the state tournament.  To answer your question about this year or always, I believe that with very few exceptions the Fort Wayne SS is and has always been the weakest SS in Indiana.     

In the 80's and 90's we always wanted to go through New Castle

Edited by AJ

Glogouski before Hidebrandt or Reitz or even Rooks I might be stubborn but.........WOW

Hildebrandt is the favorite at 120, I will agree with that. But the other two aren't huge favorites against Glogouski. Rooks is coming up two weight classes from 106 and that sometimes has a bigger effect than people realize. Last year Reitz jumped two weight classes after winning state at 106 the previous year and got beat Friday night.

I hate to tell you this, but the "weakness" of the fort wayne semistate only goes back to the early 2000s.  

I once did a study, looking at all the team points scored every year by the 4 semi states at the state finals from 1992 through the late 1990s.  Interestingly, Merrillville was the weakest semi-state more often than not during that period.  But no semi-state dominated and fort wayne was always right there with the best semi-states.

It's definitely not true now.  No one can deny that, but if you've been wishing you could go through fort wayne for 30 years, you weren't seeing things clearly for the first half of that time.

The times I have been to the Ft Wayne SS it seemed like, I don't know, going to a basket weaving show or classic car show.  Going to the Region was, well an adventure,   Robbery, car jacking and fighting at the hotel seemed to set the mood for a great day of wrestling.  Saw a few fans get drug out of the gym by the police too. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.