New Castle SS Predictions

statechamp87

I believe that NC SS should have 9 in finals match for sure and could possibly see 3 of those .weight classes with 2 NC SS wrestlers in the finals against each other. Then there are 2 other weight classes that I think NC SS should have the #3 guy, so if things play out right for them with the draw, they could find them selves under the lights to make 11 weight classes, with NC SS finalist. As for state champs I think they will have 5. So it is written, so it be done.

Edited by nosoccermomhere

106:Murphy, Fair, Waldendzak, Streuder

113:Turner, White, Slivka, Peavler

120:Bocock, Culp, Smiley, Mcmillian

126:Bailey, Mcgee, Holmes, Loos

132:Red, Brookbank, Flood, Phillips

138:McKinney, Ellis, Flood, Hurley

145:Vaughn, Timberman, Rust, Negrangard

152:Pruitt, Burkebile, Johnson, Starks

160:Bane, Ruberg, Frazee, Rothwell

170:Goddard, Samuels, Hill, Stanbaugh

182:Rypel, Hoots, Irick, Blount

195:Tonte, Stewart, Fox, Ferris

220:Parris, Guhl, Hipple, Fuller

285:Brogan, Riddle, Phifer, Bunce

Perfect

Edited by edb41

106-Murphy, Black, Walendzak, Strueder

113-Turner, White, Nier, Lohrey

120-Smiley, Culp, Bocock, Castro

126-Bailey, McGhee, Holmes, Loos

132-Red, Melloh, Collins, Flood

138-Eldred, McKinney, Flood, Hurley

145-Timberman, Vaughn, Motley, Cowan

152-Johnson, Pruitt, Starks, Waterman

160-Bane, Warren, Frazee, Bublick

170-Samuels, Trammell, Hill, Goddard

182-Rypel, Jones, Simmons, Irick

195-Stewart, Tonte, Cavins, Fox

220-Parris, Guhl, Hipple, Fuller

285-Samuels, Minges, Phifer, Bunce

106-Murphy, Black, Rose, Grino

113-Turner, White, Slivka, Peavler

120-Smiley, Culp, Bocock, Jerde

126-Bailey, McGhee, Holmes, Loos

132-Red, Melloh, Phillips, Flood

138-Eldred, McKinney, Flood, Lane

145-Vaughn, Timberman, Motley, Negangard

152-Johnson, Pruitt, Berkebile, Starks

160-Warren, Bane, Frazee, Wilson

170-Stambaugh, Webster, Goddard, Samuels

182-Rypel, Jones, Irick, Worm

195-Stewart, Tonte, Cavins, Fox

220-Parris, Guhl, Hipple, Kaiser

285-Samuels, Phifer, Minges, Selm

106 - Murphy, Black, Walendzak, Strueder

113 - Turner, White, Slivka, Lohrey

120 - Bocock, Ragle, Smiley, Castro

126 - Bailey, McGhee, Holmes, Loos

132 - Red, Melloh, Phillips, Welliever

138 - Eldred, McKinney, Flood, White

145 - Timberman, Vaughn, Negangard, Boggs

152 - Pruitt, Johnson, Berkebile, Starks

160 - Bane, Warren, Frazee, Gee ***Brutal ticket round match up between No. 3 Ruberg and No. 4 Warren***

170 - Hill, Goddard, Samuels, Stambaugh

182 - Rypel, Jones, Worm, Irick

195 - Tonte, Stewart, Cavins, Fox

220 - Parris, Guhl, Hipple, Fuller

285 - Brogan, Phifer, Bunce, Ridle

106 - Murphy, Black, Walendzak, Strueder

113 - Turner, White, Slivka, Lohrey

120 - Bocock, Ragle, Smiley, Castro

126 - Bailey, McGhee, Holmes, Loos

132 - Red, Melloh, Phillips, Welliever

138 - Eldred, McKinney, Flood, White

145 - Timberman, Vaughn, Negangard, Boggs

152 - Pruitt, Johnson, Berkebile, Starks

160 - Bane, Warren, Frazee, Gee ***Brutal ticket round match up between No. 3 Ruberg and No. 4 Warren***

170 - Hill, Goddard, Samuels, Stambaugh

182 - Rypel, Jones, Worm, Irick

195 - Tonte, Stewart, Cavins, Fox

220 - Parris, Guhl, Hipple, Fuller

285 - Brogan, Phifer, Bunce, Ridle

Irick beat up on Worm this past weekend. Can't see why you would think he will beat him 

Irick beat up on Worm this past weekend. Can't see why you would think he will beat him 

Because I work full time, have a bunch of kids in a bunch of sports, have a wife that expects me to clean up after myself, occasionally I go outside and...mainly..because I don't have the time to research every wrestler and their head-to-head record. I do know that in second grade Worm was a stud - so I'm basing my pick on that. And I'm sticking to it.

Edited by grappleapple

Because I work full time, have a bunch of kids in a bunch of sports, have a wife that expects me to clean up after myself, occasionally I go outside and...mainly..because I don't have the time to research every wrestler and their head-to-head record. I do know that in second grade Worm was a stud - so I'm basing my pick on that. And I'm sticking to it.

You can look at the New Castle bracket but not the North Mont regional bracket? Second grade? Are you serious? Edited by Novice Bat

Well the question was about the New Castle semistate. I guess I should have started at each feeder sectional, then studied each regional before making my picks for the semistate. Then, this prediction thing that means nothing anyway, could have taken a lot more of my time and meant just as little. These are complete guesses by someone who hasn't wrestled a single match. If it makes you sleep better at night, I can change my pick to say Irick, then Worm. Since you're so passionate about that one particular match.

Well the question was about the New Castle semistate. I guess I should have started at each feeder sectional, then studied each regional before making my picks for the semistate. Then, this prediction thing that means nothing anyway, could have taken a lot more of my time and meant just as little. These are complete guesses by someone who hasn't wrestled a single match. If it makes you sleep better at night, I can change my pick to say Irick, then Worm. Since you're so passionate about that one particular match.

Actually I'm passionate about the sport. I'm not the only one on this site that puts in time researching, and actually, you're in the minority. Do whatever you like, but I'm winning that tshirt from the Pickems.

I have to agree with Novice Bat here. If you aren't willing to put in the time to do some research, why put in the time to post? Plus I'm not sure what all the bickering is for, he simply wanted to see your thought process of picking Worm over Irick.

Edited by IronPenguin

I have to agree with Novice Bat here. If you aren't willing to put in the time to do some research, why put in the time to post?

I thought these prediction posts were for fun. Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe, because I picked Worm over Irick without researching that Irick beat Worm last week, I won't even be allowed to buy my semistate ticket. I hope that's not the case because I've enjoyed going to the New Castle semistate for about a dozen years in a row.

But by the way, I do own one of those fancy T-shirts for winning the one and only pickem contest I have entered.

Edited by grappleapple

I thought these prediction posts were for fun. Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe, because I picked Worm over Irick without researching that Irick beat Worm last week, I won't even be allowed to buy my semistate ticket. I hope that's not the case because I've enjoyed going to the New Castle semistate for about a dozen years in a row.

But by the way, I do own one of those fancy T-shirts for winning the one and only pickem contest I have entered.

I think we all just need to calm down. Many guys on this site dedicate countless hours on making their brackets, so seeing something wrong on someone else's will rightfully make them want to point it out. I don't think Novice Bat or Iron Penguin are trying to do you wrong, so please try not to turn this site into a battle ground.

Regardless of how many hours we put in to making our picks we are always WRONG!!!  That's what I love about wrestling and Semi-State!  Anything and everything can happen in the ticket round.  I mean over the years we have seen upsets, parents ejected, and wrestlers poop themselves literally (not naming any names but my New Castle people know, lol)

Also, I don't have a dog in the fight, but it's not unreasonable to suggest that worm could beat irick, despite the one-sided match at regionals. They are very familiar with each other, and worm has wrestled and beat people who have beat irick. Also, we see it every year--a dominant kid at regional loses at semistate to someone he beat the week before. That said, Simmons is going to be a really difficult matchup for worm just to advance....but you never know. Worm and Irick are both very tough

285: Samuels, Ridle, Bunce, Phifer

220: Parris, Guhl, Hipple, Kaiser

195: *Tonte, Cavins, Stewart, Fox

182: *Rypel, Worm, Hoots, Irick

170: Webster, Stambaugh, Samuels, Goddard

160: Warren, Bane, Frazee, Wilson

152: Johnson, Pruitt, Berkebile, Starks

145: Vaughn, Timberman, Rust, Negangard

138: McKinney, Eldred, Lane, Flood

132: *Red, Melloh, Smith, Welliever

126: Bailey, McGhee, Holmes, Loos

120: Bocock, Cup, Smiley, Castro

113: Turner, Slivka, Hutson, Peavler

106: Murphy, Fair, Walendzak, Strueder

*state champions (3)

2, maybe 3, could surprise in Indy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.