Evansville SS Predictions

TeamGarcia

160 inflated records??? Most definitely concussed... Whitaker is up 3-1 on vanhorn in thier series this year, has also beaten Mappes x2, Farmer 2x, Majored Dominic Herrick, beaten Cole Chandler, beat #1 @145 Brad Laughlin. He most definitely has an inflated record..... don't be surprised to see him under the lights with Covaciu!

106- Egli, Mills, Rooks, Casebolt

I expect a strong showing from the Mater Dei freshman as well as Mills and Rooks this Saturday, and look forward to watching this loaded weight class. However, when the dust settles, I believe Egli will take the crown as the champion.

113- Annakin, Stull, McKinney, Horty

I expect Annakin to be fairly dominating this weekend in a weight class that will be dominated by southern wrestlers. This weight class seems to be pretty straightforward. Expect a strong showing from Baxter next weekend as well.

120- Luigs, Hunt, Mulkey, Miller

Once again, I am picking the south. Luigs has dominated pretty much everyone who has had the misfortune to step on the mat with him. Expect another very exciting weight class.

126- Hudkins, Dilbeck, Combest, Happe

Hudkins will dominate this weight class. The returning state champ is back with a vengeance. I am also picking Happe for the upset. The first year varsity wrestler has put up a strong showing thus far, and I expect him to continue to do so.

132- Lee, Clopton, Molloy, Elpers

Once again, expect a race for second place (or first loser if you like). I am gambling on an SIAC rivalry to arise in the semis between Clopton and Elpers, but believe that Clopton will be able to pull out the win. Molloy got the bad luck draw; however, I would not count him out next weekend as a three seed.

138- McCoy, Ramsey, Jourdan, Reese

A tough quarter-final match between Lee and Jourdan defines this weight-class; however, I expect the athletic senior to pull out the win. Draw of the day goes to Castle’s Ramsey who should be able to make it to the finals; however, expect him to meet his match in the finals.

145- Lee, Bethel, Crowl, Gibson

Expect Lee to come to the mat with a vengeance. He is a man on a mission and anyone in his way should probably get out. I expect the athletic Bethel to put up another strong semi-state showing.

152- Aydelott, Herrin, Lehman, Smith

This is a fairly wide open weight-class and was one of the more difficult to predict. I expect that these will be the four guys to come out but the order, I feel, is very subject to change. Lee, Crowl, Betheldanpe

160- Van Horn, Whitaker, Farmer, Glover

This weight class, outside of Van Horn, is marked by inflated records. I expect Brownsburg’s four seed to pull out of the top corner of the bracket, and potentially an upset by Carr in the second corner. I believe Van Horn is the easy favorite; however, Castle’s Farmer has the potential for an upset.

170- Walton, Dowell, Hendrick, Owens

Expect B-Burg’s stud sophomore to pull out the victory; however, do NOT expect a cake walk. Expect Castle senior Evan Dowell to put a strong fight through the tournament and potentially an upset in the finals. Expect a good fight for the coveted three seed to escape from the dreaded four seed.

182- Dalton, Dial, Mohler, McKinley

Welcome to the weakest weight class of the semi-state. I expect the senior from Bloomington North to succeed in his endeavor of the crown; however, the potential for upset is very real at this weight class and these four are by no means concrete.

195- Wilderman, Robinson, Lee, Redmond

I expect the Mater Dei junior to dominate this weight class. His victory against Tante earlier this year solidifies him as one of the best in the state. I expect Robinson to come out of the top side of the bracket; however, not without a fight with Redmond. I believe this close match will also cost Redmond his consolation match due to the physical and emotional toll of the match in the semis.

220- Larson, Scroggs, Dixon, Boots

I expect Animal of Avon to walk away with this one. The Wildcat’s Boots dynasty continues with Michael, and I expect him to hold the tradition and continue to state following his show at regionals. However, I expect him to meet his match against Scroggs in the semis.

HWT- York, Henson, Klem, Galligar

Expect York to pull the gold in this one, but be prepared for a potentially exciting heavy weight tournament. Klem has not been his usual, exciting self this post-season, so I would not expect much better than a third place finish for him. I am predicting a much larger crowd for the heavy weight championship than normal due to the matchup between these heavy-weight brawlers.

At the end of the day, I expect a close team race between Mater Dei and Brownsburg and no one else in contention; however I predict MD will get the win.

You seem to have forgotten his ticket round match with Bethel last year.

I expect a strong showing from the Mater Dei freshman as well as Mills and Rooks this Saturday, and look forward to watching this loaded weight class. However, when the dust settles, I believe Egli will take the crown as the champion.

I expect Annakin to be fairly dominating this weekend in a weight class that will be dominated by southern wrestlers. This weight class seems to be pretty straightforward. Expect a strong showing from Baxter next weekend as well.

Once again, I am picking the south. Luigs has dominated pretty much everyone who has had the misfortune to step on the mat with him. Expect another very exciting weight class.

Hudkins will dominate this weight class. The returning state champ is back with a vengeance. I am also picking Happe for the upset. The first year varsity wrestler has put up a strong showing thus far, and I expect him to continue to do so.

Once again, expect a race for second place (or first loser if you like). I am gambling on an SIAC rivalry to arise in the semis between Clopton and Elpers, but believe that Clopton will be able to pull out the win. Molloy got the bad luck draw; however, I would not count him out next weekend as a three seed.

A tough quarter-final match between Lee and Jourdan defines this weight-class; however, I expect the athletic senior to pull out the win. Draw of the day goes to Castle’s Ramsey who should be able to make it to the finals; however, expect him to meet his match in the finals.

Expect Lee to come to the mat with a vengeance. He is a man on a mission and anyone in his way should probably get out. I expect the athletic Bethel to put up another strong semi-state showing.

This is a fairly wide open weight-class and was one of the more difficult to predict. I expect that these will be the four guys to come out but the order, I feel, is very subject to change. Lee, Crowl, Betheldanpe

This weight class, outside of Van Horn, is marked by inflated records. I expect Brownsburg’s four seed to pull out of the top corner of the bracket, and potentially an upset by Carr in the second corner. I believe Van Horn is the easy favorite; however, Castle’s Farmer has the potential for an upset.

Expect B-Burg’s stud sophomore to pull out the victory; however, do NOT expect a cake walk. Expect Castle senior Evan Dowell to put a strong fight through the tournament and potentially an upset in the finals. Expect a good fight for the coveted three seed to escape from the dreaded four seed.

Welcome to the weakest weight class of the semi-state. I expect the senior from Bloomington North to succeed in his endeavor of the crown; however, the potential for upset is very real at this weight class and these four are by no means concrete.

I expect the Mater Dei junior to dominate this weight class. His victory against Tante earlier this year solidifies him as one of the best in the state. I expect Robinson to come out of the top side of the bracket; however, not without a fight with Redmond. I believe this close match will also cost Redmond his consolation match due to the physical and emotional toll of the match in the semis.

I expect Animal of Avon to walk away with this one. The Wildcat’s Boots dynasty continues with Michael, and I expect him to hold the tradition and continue to state following his show at regionals. However, I expect him to meet his match against Scroggs in the semis.

Expect York to pull the gold in this one, but be prepared for a potentially exciting heavy weight tournament. Klem has not been his usual, exciting self this post-season, so I would not expect much better than a third place finish for him. I am predicting a much larger crowd for the heavy weight championship than normal due to the matchup between these heavy-weight brawlers.

VanHorn the easy favorite?? kid is a great wrestler but Whitaker has beat him 3 matches in a row if you include conference. And Dunn and Rooks aren't making it out?? I need whatever it is you have been taking my friend.

106: Rooks, Mills, Egli, Casebolt

113: Annakin, Mosconi, Weaver, Craig

120: Rooks, Luigs, Mulkey, Hunt

126: Hudkins, Gomez, Dilbeck, Pritchett

132: Lee, Elpers, Molloy, Sellmer

138: Ramsey, Jourdan, McCoy, Reese

145: Lee, Bethel, Wilson, Burke

152: Dunn, Lehman, Herrin, Clark

160: Whitaker, VanHorn, Farmer, O'Neal

170: Walton, Hays, Dull, Fuller

182: Damler, McKinley, Dalton, Dial

195: Wilderman, McCormick, Lee, Robinson

220: Larson, McCubbins, Dixon, Scroggs

285: Ripple, York, Klem, Henson

There are many errors with this post considering you are obviously from the south

Also, when Brayton wrestled bethel you must have forgotten it. He did not gas against Bethel he got broken due to never being taken down in high school up until that point. Then once he was taken down the crowd went crazy and he looked up to see 95% of the crowd rooting against him, that would affect anyone negatively. He has probably the best gas tanks in the state considering all of his matches usually end up with him getting ten takedowns and winning 25-10

We don't call him "5 Hour Energy" for nothing. A nickname given to him in Middle School that still fits.

Anyone know if this will be live streamed on trackcast or anywhere? I will be heading down to watch, but I know some people won't be able to and would like to tune in for a match or two.

I'd love be wrong as I can't be there, but I have seen no indication that it will be.

220: Larson, Scroggs, McCubbins, Heinrichs

195: Philpot, McCormick, Lee, Barclay

182: Damler, Dalton, Diaz, McKinley

170: Walton, Hays, Owens, Fuller

160: Vanhorn, Whitaker, O'Neal, Hay

152: Dunn, Lehman, Clark, Herrin

145: *Bethel, Lee, Cullen, Crowl

138: McCoy, Wathen, Jourdan, Ramsey

132: Molloy, Conley, Lee, Clement

126: *Hudkins, Gomez, Pritchett, Mosconi

120: Mulkey, Rooks, Luigs, Hunt

113: Weaver, Mosconi, Annakin, Craig

106: *Mills, Garcia, Egli, Casebolt

*state champion (3)

four very good LEEs in this SS and IMO none will be crowned.

220: Larson, Scroggs, McCubbins, Heinrichs

195: Philpot, McCormick, Lee, Barclay

182: Damler, Dalton, Diaz, McKinley

170: Walton, Hays, Owens, Fuller

160: Vanhorn, Whitaker, O'Neal, Hay

152: Dunn, Lehman, Clark, Herrin

145: *Bethel, Lee, Cullen, Crowl

138: McCoy, Wathen, Jourdan, Ramsey

132: Molloy, Conley, Lee, Clement

126: *Hudkins, Gomez, Pritchett, Mosconi

120: Mulkey, Rooks, Luigs, Hunt

113: Weaver, Mosconi, Annakin, Craig

106: *Mills, Garcia, Egli, Casebolt

*state champion (3)

four very good LEEs in this SS and IMO none will be crowned.

bethel a state champ this year? I'd bet my next 3 pay checks that doesn't happen

Statechamp 87...I think you are smoking the good stuff. Those are not predictions, that is some serious BS.

agreed

In order...

106 - Mills, Egli, Garcia, Casebolt - Flipped several coins to decide Garcia over Rooks.  Went w/ one common opponent Nate Wheeler of St. X (KY).  Garcia won, Rooks lost.  Then went w/ Egli on a flyer.  

113 - Mosconi, Annakin, Weaver, Horty

120 - Rooks, Luigs, Mulkey, Hunt

126 - Hudkins, Gomez, Dillbeck, Combest/Pritchett/Craig (I flipped a coin and it landed on its side)

132 - Lee, Elpers, Molloy, Sellmer

138 - Lee, Ramsey, McCoy, Reese - I WANTED to pick Jourdan, but just can't see Lee losing in the ticket round 2 years in a row

145 - Lee, Bethel, Crowl, Burke

152 - Dunn, Lehman, Herrin, Clark

160 - Whitaker, Van Horn, Farmer, O'Neal

170 - Walton, Hays, Dull, Dowell

182 - Damler, Dalton, McKinley, Dial

195 - Wilderman, McCormick, Robinson, Lee

220 - No clue

285 - Pick one of York, Henson, Ripple & Klem out of the hat

Many of your coin flips were not close... Maybe want to try the magic 8 ball next time

Many of your coin flips were not close... Maybe want to try the magic 8 ball next time

Not sure what you mean.  I mentioned 2 coin flips and both were correct.  Garcia beat Rooks and Combest won out of that trio, although he finished 3rd, not 4th.  Sorry if the quality of my picks disappointed you.

At the end of the day, I expect a close team race between Mater Dei and Brownsburg and no one else in contention; however I predict MD will get the win.

Your predictions worked out so well!

Not sure what you mean.  I mentioned 2 coin flips and both were correct.  Garcia beat Rooks and Combest won out of that trio, although he finished 3rd, not 4th.  Sorry if the quality of my picks disappointed you.

Your other picks that you were more confident didn't pan out as well..

This guy has the right idea about team wrestling! And thank you it has been a whirlwind of a season so far why stop now!

Also though you were auditioning for dancing with the stars with all the dance moves yesterday you were throwing down.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.