Evansville SS Predictions

TeamGarcia

106: Mills, Garcia, Denny, Casebolt.. Garcia beat the guy handily that rooks lost to, should be great ticket round match.

113: Annakin, Mosconi, Weaver, Horty

120: Rooks, Lugis, Hunt, Mulkey

126: Hudkins, Dilbek, Gomez, Pritchett

132: Lee, Elpers, Molloy, Sellmer

138: Lee, Ramsey, McCoy, Wathen.. Anyone picking against Lee here is crazy he is a monster

145: Lee, bethel, Wilson, Burke

152: Dunn,Lehman, Herrin, Aydelott

160: Whitaker, Vanhorn, Mundy, Mappes

170: Walton, Fuller, Owens, Hayes,

182: Dalton, Dalmer, McKinley, Dial

195:Wilderman, Redmond, Lee, Robinson

220: Larson, Scroggs, Choate, Mcubbins

285: Klem, Galligar, York, Henson

Rooks is a totally different wrestler then he was at the first meet of the year. He must of injected some Dan gable blood in him because he's unstoppable this should be the match of the day imo to bad it's a ticket round both kids are top 8

106- Egli, Mills, Rooks, Casebolt

I expect a strong showing from the Mater Dei freshman as well as Mills and Rooks this Saturday, and look forward to watching this loaded weight class. However, when the dust settles, I believe Egli will take the crown as the champion.

113- Annakin, Stull, McKinney, Horty

I expect Annakin to be fairly dominating this weekend in a weight class that will be dominated by southern wrestlers. This weight class seems to be pretty straightforward. Expect a strong showing from Baxter next weekend as well.

120- Luigs, Hunt, Mulkey, Miller

Once again, I am picking the south. Luigs has dominated pretty much everyone who has had the misfortune to step on the mat with him. Expect another very exciting weight class.

126- Hudkins, Dilbeck, Combest, Happe

Hudkins will dominate this weight class. The returning state champ is back with a vengeance. I am also picking Happe for the upset. The first year varsity wrestler has put up a strong showing thus far, and I expect him to continue to do so.

132- Lee, Clopton, Molloy, Elpers

Once again, expect a race for second place (or first loser if you like). I am gambling on an SIAC rivalry to arise in the semis between Clopton and Elpers, but believe that Clopton will be able to pull out the win. Molloy got the bad luck draw; however, I would not count him out next weekend as a three seed.

138- McCoy, Ramsey, Jourdan, Reese

A tough quarter-final match between Lee and Jourdan defines this weight-class; however, I expect the athletic senior to pull out the win. Draw of the day goes to Castle’s Ramsey who should be able to make it to the finals; however, expect him to meet his match in the finals.

145- Lee, Bethel, Crowl, Gibson

Expect Lee to come to the mat with a vengeance. He is a man on a mission and anyone in his way should probably get out. I expect the athletic Bethel to put up another strong semi-state showing.

152- Aydelott, Herrin, Lehman, Smith

This is a fairly wide open weight-class and was one of the more difficult to predict. I expect that these will be the four guys to come out but the order, I feel, is very subject to change. Lee, Crowl, Betheldanpe

160- Van Horn, Whitaker, Farmer, Glover

This weight class, outside of Van Horn, is marked by inflated records. I expect Brownsburg’s four seed to pull out of the top corner of the bracket, and potentially an upset by Carr in the second corner. I believe Van Horn is the easy favorite; however, Castle’s Farmer has the potential for an upset.

170- Walton, Dowell, Hendrick, Owens

Expect B-Burg’s stud sophomore to pull out the victory; however, do NOT expect a cake walk. Expect Castle senior Evan Dowell to put a strong fight through the tournament and potentially an upset in the finals. Expect a good fight for the coveted three seed to escape from the dreaded four seed.

182- Dalton, Dial, Mohler, McKinley

Welcome to the weakest weight class of the semi-state. I expect the senior from Bloomington North to succeed in his endeavor of the crown; however, the potential for upset is very real at this weight class and these four are by no means concrete.

195- Wilderman, Robinson, Lee, Redmond

I expect the Mater Dei junior to dominate this weight class. His victory against Tante earlier this year solidifies him as one of the best in the state. I expect Robinson to come out of the top side of the bracket; however, not without a fight with Redmond. I believe this close match will also cost Redmond his consolation match due to the physical and emotional toll of the match in the semis.

220- Larson, Scroggs, Dixon, Boots

I expect Animal of Avon to walk away with this one. The Wildcat’s Boots dynasty continues with Michael, and I expect him to hold the tradition and continue to state following his show at regionals. However, I expect him to meet his match against Scroggs in the semis.

HWT- York, Henson, Klem, Galligar

Expect York to pull the gold in this one, but be prepared for a potentially exciting heavy weight tournament. Klem has not been his usual, exciting self this post-season, so I would not expect much better than a third place finish for him. I am predicting a much larger crowd for the heavy weight championship than normal due to the matchup between these heavy-weight brawlers.

At the end of the day, I expect a close team race between Mater Dei and Brownsburg and no one else in contention; however I predict MD will get the win.

Agree, I dont think I have ever seen B.Lee gas out

You seem to have forgotten his ticket round match with Bethel last year.

I expect a strong showing from the Mater Dei freshman as well as Mills and Rooks this Saturday, and look forward to watching this loaded weight class. However, when the dust settles, I believe Egli will take the crown as the champion.

I expect Annakin to be fairly dominating this weekend in a weight class that will be dominated by southern wrestlers. This weight class seems to be pretty straightforward. Expect a strong showing from Baxter next weekend as well.

Once again, I am picking the south. Luigs has dominated pretty much everyone who has had the misfortune to step on the mat with him. Expect another very exciting weight class.

Hudkins will dominate this weight class. The returning state champ is back with a vengeance. I am also picking Happe for the upset. The first year varsity wrestler has put up a strong showing thus far, and I expect him to continue to do so.

Once again, expect a race for second place (or first loser if you like). I am gambling on an SIAC rivalry to arise in the semis between Clopton and Elpers, but believe that Clopton will be able to pull out the win. Molloy got the bad luck draw; however, I would not count him out next weekend as a three seed.

A tough quarter-final match between Lee and Jourdan defines this weight-class; however, I expect the athletic senior to pull out the win. Draw of the day goes to Castle’s Ramsey who should be able to make it to the finals; however, expect him to meet his match in the finals.

Expect Lee to come to the mat with a vengeance. He is a man on a mission and anyone in his way should probably get out. I expect the athletic Bethel to put up another strong semi-state showing.

This is a fairly wide open weight-class and was one of the more difficult to predict. I expect that these will be the four guys to come out but the order, I feel, is very subject to change. Lee, Crowl, Betheldanpe

This weight class, outside of Van Horn, is marked by inflated records. I expect Brownsburg’s four seed to pull out of the top corner of the bracket, and potentially an upset by Carr in the second corner. I believe Van Horn is the easy favorite; however, Castle’s Farmer has the potential for an upset.

Expect B-Burg’s stud sophomore to pull out the victory; however, do NOT expect a cake walk. Expect Castle senior Evan Dowell to put a strong fight through the tournament and potentially an upset in the finals. Expect a good fight for the coveted three seed to escape from the dreaded four seed.

Welcome to the weakest weight class of the semi-state. I expect the senior from Bloomington North to succeed in his endeavor of the crown; however, the potential for upset is very real at this weight class and these four are by no means concrete.

I expect the Mater Dei junior to dominate this weight class. His victory against Tante earlier this year solidifies him as one of the best in the state. I expect Robinson to come out of the top side of the bracket; however, not without a fight with Redmond. I believe this close match will also cost Redmond his consolation match due to the physical and emotional toll of the match in the semis.

I expect Animal of Avon to walk away with this one. The Wildcat’s Boots dynasty continues with Michael, and I expect him to hold the tradition and continue to state following his show at regionals. However, I expect him to meet his match against Scroggs in the semis.

Expect York to pull the gold in this one, but be prepared for a potentially exciting heavy weight tournament. Klem has not been his usual, exciting self this post-season, so I would not expect much better than a third place finish for him. I am predicting a much larger crowd for the heavy weight championship than normal due to the matchup between these heavy-weight brawlers.

At the end of the day, I expect a close team race between Mater Dei and Brownsburg and no one else in contention; however I predict MD will get the win.

Mccormick beat redmond at the mooresville holiday classic and damler who is ranked 6th in the state placed 2nd at the mooresville holiday classic while mohler placed 5th. And have you ever heard of cody lecount. Didnt go to state his freshman year, so one match dosent define an individual.

you seem to have forgotten 2 potential title winners in Graham rooks at 120 and Elijah Dunn at 152 both kids are returning top 4 medalist.

Mccormick beat redmond at the mooresville holiday classic and damler who is ranked 6th in the state placed 2nd at the mooresville holiday classic while mohler placed 5th. And have you ever heard of cody lecount. Didnt go to state his freshman year, so one match dosent define an individual.

The word ever indicates any single instance. I pointed out a single instance. LeCount's inability to make it to state his freshman year is not pertinent to this discussion because it's a completely unrelated topic. Thank you for the further information; however, I will stand by my predictions until proved otherwise.

Been a fan of B Lee for a long while. He is not only a great wrestler but a very respectful kid. He has been a machine all season. I would be absolutely shocked if he didn't make it to the bank. I really do not make predictions on this board, but I do predict that he makes it through.

Good luck to my Avon guys. Team has been hit hard with injuries this season, but we keep grinding and building the beast.

Good luck to all contenders academy wrestlers, as several are still going strong!

If I remember correct, pretty much the same things were said last year about Brayton Lee. Everyone talked about a Lee vs Lee matchup, and everybody forgot about Bethel. I wouldn't forget about Blake Jourdan, he does have a state medal to his name.  Should be a good match.  

Sounds like your drunk on that westside cool aid. I also ain't heard much crowin from reitz.

Here's who I see placing higher between the MD vs. BBurg by weight class (I'm only including those wrestlers who I predict make it to State):

106 BBurg, MD also placing

113 BBurg

120 MD, BBurg also placing

132 MD

138 BBurg

145 MD

152 MD

170 BBurg

182 BBurg

195 MD

So I see 6 from each team advancing.  Should be a tight team race!

You must not know who Mr. Molloy is. He's just as much a threat for a spot under the lights than anyone. The best three wrestlers at 132 this year are Molloy, Red, And Lee. Order is TBA in the coming 2 weeks!

I know exactly who he is. I think hes a good wrestler, but hes not in Lees category.

Must still be CONCUSSED AND CONFUSED

The word ever indicates any single instance. I pointed out a single instance. LeCount's inability to make it to state his freshman year is not pertinent to this discussion because it's a completely unrelated topic. Thank you for the further information; however, I will stand by my predictions until proved otherwise.

You are making your prediction about blee from a match that happened one year ago. I was using cody as an exanple of how just because you dont go to state your first year really dosent mean anything a year later when you are at that high of a level. Im not saying he is for sure winning, blake is the real deal but you cant go off a match that happened one year ago.

There are many errors with this post considering you are obviously from the south

Also, when Brayton wrestled bethel you must have forgotten it. He did not gas against Bethel he got broken due to never being taken down in high school up until that point. Then once he was taken down the crowd went crazy and he looked up to see 95% of the crowd rooting against him, that would affect anyone negatively. He has probably the best gas tanks in the state considering all of his matches usually end up with him getting ten takedowns and winning 25-10

I know exactly who he is. I think hes a good wrestler, but hes not in Lees category.

He's much more than good. Not saying he'll win, but not sure he'll get dominated like everyone else who crosses paths with Mr. Lee

Only to the extent he draws into the bracket away from red and lee.

true. But they do say luck is just as much part of a persons skill ;)

since concussed repped for the south I'll bite and take the northern point of view.106 Mills/ Garcia VI might not be in the cards with the draw young Mr. Garcia has, make it thru Rooks and you have Egli waiting in semi's.But I'll play homer and make that pick and take him to final, Mills takes final though. Egli over Casebolt.113 Weaver Mosconi wouldn't be surprised to see the freshmen win this time.Annakin over Horty.120 Hunt Luigs Rooks Mulkey 126 Hudkins Gomez Dilbeck Pritchett 132I'm from up north but I have seen the Lee boys from down south and Nick should win but he won't look past Molloy who might be his toughest comp of the year. Eplers Molloy Conley out on a limb with this homer pick, but I believe.138 B. Lee, know all about Jourdan and you hate to see this kind of match, when it sends one home, but it is what it is.Ramsey in the final,McCoy Reese.145 J.Lee over Bethel in what should be a good one. Burke Crowl. 152 Dunn Lehman Herrin Clark 160 Whitaker Van Horn Farmer ?Glover don't know any of these guys except Arkee if he gets thru BB wins team for sure,although I think they do any way.170 Walton Dowell Dull Hayes 182 Damler McKinley Dalton Murrell 195 Wilderman Redmond Lee Robinson 220 Larson McCubbins Scroggs Dixon 285 Klem Ripple York Henson BB wins team race Good Luck to ALL eat some of those BBQ nachos for me cause I will not be making that drive!!

since concussed repped for the south I'll bite and take the northern point of view.106 Mills/ Garcia VI might not be in the cards with the draw young Mr. Garcia has, make it thru Rooks and you have Egli waiting in semi's.But I'll play homer and make that pick and take him to final, Mills takes final though. Egli over Casebolt.113 Weaver Mosconi wouldn't be surprised to see the freshmen win this time.Annakin over Horty.120 Hunt Luigs Rooks Mulkey 126 Hudkins Gomez Dilbeck Pritchett 132I'm from up north but I have seen the Lee boys from down south and Nick should win but he won't look past Molloy who might be his toughest comp of the year. Eplers Molloy Conley out on a limb with this homer pick, but I believe.138 B. Lee, know all about Jourdan and you hate to see this kind of match, when it sends one home, but it is what it is.Ramsey in the final,McCoy Reese.145 J.Lee over Bethel in what should be a good one. Burke Crowl. 152 Dunn Lehman Herrin Clark 160 Whitaker Van Horn Farmer ?Glover don't know any of these guys except Arkee if he gets thru BB wins team for sure,although I think they do any way.170 Walton Dowell Dull Hayes 182 Damler McKinley Dalton Murrell 195 Wilderman Redmond Lee Robinson 220 Larson McCubbins Scroggs Dixon 285 Klem Ripple York Henson BB wins team race Good Luck to ALL eat some of those BBQ nachos for me cause I will not be making that drive!!

We will miss you this year......

He's much more than good. Not saying he'll win, but not sure he'll get dominated like everyone else who crosses paths with Mr. Lee

true. But they do say luck is just as much part of a persons skill ;)

Lee has been making short order of all his competition.  The question will be what kind of condition he is in and how he will do if he has to wrestle a complete match.  Semis should be a great match and a tune-up for either against Red.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.