Fort Wayne (New Haven) SS Predictions

purdue02

Just my initial first thoughts after seeing the brackets, little research has been done yet.

106-

TR Match to watch: (Herring vs. Miller)

Underdogs: (Zadylak & Lechner/Just)

My Picks:

1. Curtis

2. Streeter

3. Demien

4. Miller

113-

TR Match to watch: (Meija vs. Johnson)

Underdogs: (Liter & Whitman)

My Picks:

1. Davis

2. Wright

3. Stephenson

4. Meija

120-

TR Match to watch: (Glogouski vs. Mosser)

Underdogs: (Mosser & Moore)

My Picks:

1. Glogouski

2. Langeloh

3. Hunt

4. Mendez

126-

TR Match to watch: (Cooper vs. Standridge)

Underdogs: (Elmore/House & Barr)

My Picks:

1. Meija

2. Becker

3. Franklin

4. Cooper

132-

TR Match to watch: (Gunsett vs. Raypole 1st round)

Underdogs: Hissong & Raypole

My Picks:

1. Rhodes

2. Doster

3. Gunsett

4. Luevano

138-

TR Match to watch: (Arney vs. Rutter)

Underdogs: (Housholder & Hall)

My Picks:

1. Coy

2. Brown

3. Rasler

4. Arney

145-

TR Match to watch: (Roberson vs. Hicks/Scott)

Underdogs: (Weimer & Heztner/Prescott)

My Picks:

1. Laughlin

2. Kerrn

3. Eicher

4. Hicks

152-

TR Match to watch: (Levitz vs. Bates & HC vs. Dietrich)

Underdogs: (Miller & Bates)

My Picks:

1. McCormick

2. Levitz

3. Sturgill

4. Hardcastle

160-

TR Match to watch: (Levitz vs. Potter)

Underdogs: (Perry & Potter)

My Picks:

1. Garman

2. Busse

3. Harrison

4. Levitz

170-

TR Match to watch: (Richie vs. Burns)

Underdogs: (Moore & Johnson)

My Picks:

1. Gray

2. Baumgartner

3. Richie

4. Davis

182-

TR Match to watch: (Ault vs. Blakely 1st rd & Kohler/Clem)

Underdogs: (Nix & Clem)

My Picks:

1. Eli

2. Hankenson

3. Kohler

4. Ault

195-

TR Match to watch: (Maddox vs. Hobbs)

Underdogs: (Hayes & Baumgartner)

My Picks:

1. Davis

2. Elliot

3. Maddox

4. Evans

220-

TR Match to watch: (Kilgore/Clark vs. Pier)

Underdogs: (Isaacson & Butler)

My Picks:

1. Ellis

2. Paz

3. Davis

4. Kilgore

285-

TR Match to watch: (Perkins/Lawson & Campbell/Hodge)

Underdogs: (George & Montanez)

My Picks:

1. Amos

2. Lawson

3. Mammolenti

4. Hodge

Obviously I picked a few upsets but the whole tournament won't be chalk. We'll see how it plays out next Saturday.

I'd agree with this list for the most part. Though I believe Doster will beat Rhodes since he has beat him twice in a row at 132 (pinned him in sectionals) and just looks like the better wrestler.

Interesting note: Kerrn bumped up a weight class to avoid Eicher at team state. That will be a good match

Top 4 in order:

106 DeMien, Streeter, Curtis, Miller
 113 Davis, Wright, Mejia, Stephenson
 120 Glogouski, Langeloh, Hunt, Mendez
 126 Mejia, Becker, Franklin, Stanbridge
 132 Rhodes, Doster, Gunsett, Luevano
 138 Coy, Arney, Rasler, Brown
 145 Laughlin, Eicher, Kerrn, Scott
 152 McCormick, Levitz, Stugill, Dietrich
 160 Garman, Busse, Perry, Potter
 170 Gray, Baumgartner, Ritchie, Davis
 182 Eli, Hankenson, Kohler, Ault
 195 Maddox, Evans, Davis, Elliot
 220 Ellis, Paz, Davis, Pier
 285 Perkins, Shaw, Hodge, George

106: Curtis, Streeter, DeMien, Herring

Match to watch: Streeter/Zadylak quarters and Curtis/DeMien semi

113: Mejia, Stephenson, Davis, Wright

I think this could be argued almost in any order, the semis will be interesting. Don’t sleep on Liter, he could be the dark horse – I think his ticket round with Wright could be good.

120: Glogouski, Hunt, Langeloh, Mendez

Langeloh/Hunt semis will be fun and the finals match will also provide some entertainment.

126: Mejia, Becker, Franklin, Davenport

Like 113, this one is up in the air for me. No one stands out as a clear front runner. I’m looking forward to Mejia/Franklin

132: Doster, Luevano, Rhodes, Gunsett

If Raypole is healthy, the first round could be the best 1st round matchup of the day. Rhodes/Luevano will be good

138: Coy, Rutter, Rasler, Brown

I think Arney, Rutter or Brown could all be in the finals depending on who wants it the most come Saturday – this should be a competitive weight to watch

145: Laughlin, Eicher, Kerrn, Scott

This weight could have the most intriguing 1st and 2nd round matches

152: McCormick, Levitz, Sturgill, Dietrich

Most lopsided final. Ticket round between Levitz/Bates is the highlight here.

160: Garman, Busse, Harrison, Potter

170: Gray, Baumgartner, Ritchie, Johnson

182: Eli, Hankenson, Kohler, Blakely

195: Maddox, Evans, Elliot, Davis

220: Ellis, Paz, Davis, Pier

285: Amos, Mammolenti, Perkins, Hodge

I'd agree with this list for the most part. Though I believe Doster will beat Rhodes since he has beat him twice in a row at 132 (pinned him in sectionals) and just looks like the better wrestler.

Interesting note: Kerrn bumped up a weight class to avoid Eicher at team state. That will be a good match

I find it ironic that you make this statement from a 1 time post (guessing that you are to afraid to say it and own it)!  The last I checked it is the coaches decision to make this call.  To call out a kid like this is one of the most cowardly things! 

Looks like it was the right decision, considering Jimtown beat Leo and got to the Championship that day. The coach made the right call for the team.

So where did you get your Kerrn information from?

I wouldn't waste any time on his comment.  Even Leo's coach said it was the right call for your team.  It is called "Team" State for a reason.

It was definitely a smart decision by the coach (I never said it wasn't), but if I recall my scores correctly I believe Jimtown would have beat Leo whether Kerrn wrestled Eicher or not. They wouldn't have known this at the time obviously. I simply made this statement in regards to their semi-final matchup. People making their picks probably didn't know this. Either way, it will be a fantastic match.

I find it ironic that you make this statement from a 1 time post (guessing that you are to afraid to say it and own it)!  The last I checked it is the coaches decision to make this call.  To call out a kid like this is one of the most cowardly things!

I should have said Kerrn "was bumped" up to 152, I apologize. But I will stand by my statement that it was most definitely to avoid Eicher. I do not agree that my statement was cowardly, Kerrn avoided Eicher (probably coaches decision) it's as simple as that and 100% factual.

I wouldn't waste any time on his comment.  Even Leo's coach said it was the right call for your team.  It is called "Team" State for a reason.

I got this from the fact that Kerrn was wrestling at 145 but bumped up to 152 when Jimtown wrestled Leo. I was simply stating a fact, unfortunately it is difficult to read emotions over text. I meant no disrespect to Kerrn. He is a fantastic wrestler.

Looks like it was the right decision, considering Jimtown beat Leo and got to the Championship that day. The coach made the right call for the team.

It was definitely a smart decision, though at the end of the day I believe Jimtown would have won anyway.

Way to ruin a kids self esteem, you should be ashamed of yourself. #AnyThingIsPossible

How is anyone ruining the kid's self-esteem. You are the one on here making statements about him pulling off an upset, and talking him up. This is an every year thing out of Oak Hill people heading into semi state. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Oak Hill went 0 for 10 on getting guys to state last year at semi state. May be different this year, but I really don't see an upset when the kid got 4th in one of the state's weakest regionals and beating one of the top kids in the state.

Way to ruin a kids self esteem, you should be ashamed of yourself. #AnyThingIsPossible

I am not ashamed, and I dont see how I am ruining his self esteem. If this kid really has what it takes to pull off an upset like this, i would bet my house that when he sees a comment made like that, his motivation and drive would increase, rather than it ruining or effecting his self esteem.

I am not ashamed, and I dont see how I am ruining his self esteem. If this kid really has what it takes to pull off an upset like this, i would bet my house that when he sees a comment made like that, his motivation and drive would increase, rather than it ruining or effecting his self esteem.

House?  Does that come with some deer hunting property?

How is anyone ruining the kid's self-esteem. You are the one on here making statements about him pulling off an upset, and talking him up. This is an every year thing out of Oak Hill people heading into semi state. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Oak Hill went 0 for 10 on getting guys to state last year at semi state. May be different this year, but I really don't see an upset when the kid got 4th in one of the state's weakest regionals and beating one of the top kids in the state

Edited by herring765

#RidgewayForTheUpset.

Is this based on anything other than a gut feeling? I.E. recent results? A big win this year? Glogouski releasing a statement that he is wrestling semi-state with one arm tied behind his back? I think it's okay to make bold predictions, it just helps if there is some type of basis for your belief.

The strategy at Team State was to make the necessary moves in order to win the dual. The objective in a dual match is to win.  Obviously, it would be great to have individual match-ups but in order to win a dual you have to do some research and make the adjustments to pick up dual match points anywhere possible. I'm very anxious for this weekend and wish everyone the best of luck on their journey to the Individual State Finals!

I apologize on what I was saying earlier. The whole thing was blown out of proportion and was just a simple joke. Although I would love to see Ridgeway pull off the upset of the century, it more than likely won't happen. Don't let want me or my friend (Tony) say that impact Oak Hill high school, considering this is my first year from Marion.  :D

Top 4 in order:

106: Curtis, miller, demien, zadylak

113: Davis, mejia, Stephenson, liter

120: glogouski, hunt, langeloh, Mendez

126: mejia, Becker, Franklin, davenport

132: doster, Rhodes, gunsett, luevano

138: coy, rutter, rasler, brown

145: Laughlin, eicher, kern, Roberson

152: McCormick, bates, sturgill, Dietrich

160: garman, busse, Levitz, perry

170: baumgartner, gray, Ritchie, Davis

182: Eli, hankenson, kohler, blakeley

195: Maddox, Evans, Davis, baumgartner

220: Davis, Paz, Ellis, Kilgore

285: Amos, Perkins, mammolenti, hodge

106 Curtis, Streeter, Demien, Miller

113 Davis, Meija, Stephenson, Wright

120 langeloh, Glogouski, hunt, Mendez

126 Meija, Becker, Franklin, Davenport

132 Doster, Rhodes, Gunsett, Luevano

138 Coy, Rutter, Hall, Householder

145 Eicher, Laughlin,Kerrn, Scott

152 McCormick, Dietrich, Levitz, Sturgill

160 Garman, Busse, Perry, Levitz

170 Gray, Baumgartner, Ritchie, Davis

182 Eli, Hankenson, Kohler, Ault

195 Davis, Maddox, Evans, Elliott

220 Ellis, Paz, Davis, Kilgore

285 Perkins, Amos, Mammolenti, Campbell

Edited by FWwrestling1996

Good luck to everybody wrestling this weekend, it was an honor to be able to compete at fort wayne semi state 4 years. not everybody has that opportunity, cherish it and be proud of the accomplishment you have made so far, no matter if you advance or not, leave it on the mat and be proud to be apart of the best sport known to man. If you are a wrestler reading this remember, it doesn't matter how many losses you have had this season, or who it was too. It doesn't matter your rank, your school, your record, it matters who shows up for the first 6 minutes, leave it all on the mat. You have plenty of time to regroup and collect yourself for the next round. Wrestle with a clear mind, and a full heart. Good luck to all!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.