IHSWCA Classed Team State Duals 2016-17 Date and Venue

Coach McCormick

The 5th Annual IHSWCA Classed Team State Duals will return to the Ft Wayne Coliseum in 2016-17. 

Date:  Friday, December 23, 2016  (event set-up will take place the night before... Dec. 22)

Additional space:   We have secured the adjoining expo hall which will give the event an additional 35,000 sq. ft. to work with next season.  This will also open up additional bleachers and restroom areas.  We will be able to spread the mats out which will allow us to put the team benches between the mats; thereby improving the spectators' view to the mats.

After evaluating this season's event, and listening to feedback and suggestions, we felt like the Ft Wayne Coliseum offered enough positive aspects that it is worth returning for a second year.  We feel like the event's short-comings can be positively addressed and the "learning curve" smoothed out in year two at this facility.  Mr. Brown, and his staff at the Coliseum, have been extremely responsive to our requests and have been wonderful to work with.

The tournament planning committee will also be addressing teams' concerns about having to wrestle "the same teams from their area of the state" in the initial rounds of the event.  The selection and seeding committees feel like equitable provisions can be put in place to meet the teams' needs in this area without compromising the integrity of the event.

I would like to give a special thanks to JD Minch, Adrian Troyer, Dane Fuelling, Mark Durham, Pat Culp, Patt VanHorn, Nicole Moss, Tom Clark and Jim Russell for their efforts in heading up the various committees and areas for this event. 

Respectfully Submitted,

Trent McCormick

I got there less than a half hour before the event started and got great seats... I'm not sure why this has been such a complaint for some people.

I was the same way but some people think they can come a hour into the event and a good seat should just be given to them. The same people at state will complain about sitting in the upper sections

Edited by X_R A T E D

Only to those that live in that corner of the state. Ft Wayne is far more centrally located

Coach, maybe you need to brush up on your geography....last time I looked at the map, Ft. Wayne isn't in the center of Indiana.  It certainly isn't centrally located!!  Maybe it is for your end of the state only?

Indy would be the best location wise, but from what i can tell short of getting Lucus does not have anything that meets the needs as well as Ft. Wayne. The added space and the new position on the teams on the mat will do a lot. Evansville might be nice but think about teams in the north of Indiana the drive would be nuts same could be said if it was moved to say South Bend. great job I think this will workout well for all.  

Coach, maybe you need to brush up on your geography....last time I looked at the map, Ft. Wayne isn't in the center of Indiana.  It certainly isn't centrally located!!  Maybe it is for your end of the state only?

What he means is, based on the teams that qualify, Ft. Wayne is far more centrally located than Evansville. Can't dispute that.

I know it feels like FW is "north" and Evansville is "south", but there's no place like southwestern Indiana.  It is the only truly isolated population center in the state.  The teams from the south and west side of Indy that go down to Evansville are going to the FOURTH closest semi-state location to their school.  Of course it could be interesting to have the event in Evansville.  I love the atmosphere there.  Semi-state is spectacular, for example.  But it's literally 1:15 longer on AVERAGE for cars going from the team state schools from this year to go to Eville compared to fort wayne.  That means even longer for buses.  A conservative estimate is 100 extra hours for team state buses being on the road round-trip going to Evansville as opposed to Fort Wayne.

I know it feels like FW is "north" and Evansville is "south", but there's no place like southwestern Indiana.  It is the only truly isolated population center in the state.  The teams from the south and west side of Indy that go down to Evansville are going to the FOURTH closest semi-state location to their school.  Of course it could be interesting to have the event in Evansville.  I love the atmosphere there.  Semi-state is spectacular, for example.  But it's literally 1:15 longer on AVERAGE for cars going from the team state schools from this year to go to Eville compared to fort wayne.  That means even longer for buses.  A conservative estimate is 100 extra hours for team state buses being on the road round-trip going to Evansville as opposed to Fort Wayne.

That is sneaky smooth...... I am happy about the tournament. Our team goes to EV for SS and the EMD Tournament. We went to Ball State and Ft. Wayne for Team State. EV is way better. Even though Ft. Wayne is closer, I much prefer EV.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.