Peru Regional

Some good matches from last week: Davenport beat Elmore, looking forward to a rematch this week; Herring pinned Lechner and looks really good; and Perkins beat Hodge in a great match that most of the crowd stuck around for, it went all overtimes and Perkins escaped.

I am really looking forward to these rematches at the regional. Anyone think there will be any other good match-ups this weekend?

106- JC Herring, Lechner, Smith, Robinette- JC prolly pins his way there

113- Wright, Summers, Anderson, Willson- 

120-Ridgeway, Deardoff, Duchateau, Bullock (weak weight)

126-Davenport, Elmore, Gibson, Lechner

132- Maggard, Kellogg, Clark, Chreek

138- Smith, Hall, Trevino, Allen

145- Bracher, Bayless, Moore, Hetzner

152-Sturgill, Hardcastle, Carmona, Meggison

160-Harrison and who ever else (I can't believe that a forfeit made it through)

170- Moore, Barbury, King, Cressell

182-Sedwick, Touloukian, Hossholder, Bradly (Pretty weak overall)

195-Elliot, Hobbs, Herrera, Eckrote

220- Ellis, Fox, Tharp, Gadd(Upset special)

285- Best match of the day again it is hard to pick against Perkins.

Hodge, Perkins, Stephan, Bangle

Those matches you mentioned will be great for sure, especially those matches in 145. Underclassmen like Delton Moore and Bratcher are so talented and will be fun to watch for years to come. I'm a coach so I'm not going to specifically predict top 4 in order or anything like that but for entertainment purposes here's my thoughts on this weekend's action and which matches you don't want to miss!

106: Herring is a BEAST!! This fella is so fun to watch. Robinette will put up a good fight against Lechner but I see a likely rematch of last weekend for Herring and Lechner. Hard to see any of these guys denying Herring back to back regional titles.

113: Andersen and Summers will be an action packed fun match to watch in the semis no doubt with the winner facing the defending champ "MR. Wright". Hard to see him not repeating.

120: Kasey looks very solid this year and it was fun to watch him avenge what I understand to be an early season loss last weekend. Bullock is going to have to work his tail off to get past Ridgeway if we're going to see a rematch. Top 3 in this class are all capable of winning this weekend.

126: Defending champ Elmore will be out for blood this weekend and he is going to be hard to beat. I have no doubt the legendary Coach King will have Davenport up for the challenge. There are some tough kids in this weight class but this rematch will likely happen and wow what a match it will be!

132: Maggard/Clark in the semis will be a great match and that winner will likely face Kellogg in the finals. This is another one in my opinion that any of these 3 seasoned athletes mentioned could win this class.

138: Hall from Wabash is looking tough and wrestling hard. He was behind a stud last year and missed his target but I don't see anyone getting in his way to the top of the podium Saturday.

145: Sorry to throw in the overused cliché' but this weight class is worth the price of admission. On the top side in the semi's you'll likely see Bayless/Hetzner match and that outcome is anybody's bet. This weight class also has what I feel is the tightest, best first round match as well. Delton Moore is a battle tested freshman that is tough as nails. He will face last year's regional finalist Roberson in the opening "ticket round". Peru regional attendees you do NOT want to miss this match! Roberson has a big win over Bayless in this weight class and Delton has fallen short two weekends in a row (by 2 points both times) against Bayless, but again to be cliché, Moore is HUNGRY and will stop at nothing to win during his first 6 minutes Saturday morning. (On a side note: what makes it more fun is the fact that Roberson wrestled Delton's older brother Clayton in last year's regional finals) The winner of that first match better rest up quickly because the near perfect Mr. Bratcher will be waiting for them. Whomever is atop that podium in this weigh class will have earned it for sure!!

152: This finals will likely feature 2 returning regional champs! How great is that! Sturgill is a returning state qualifier with big podium plans in Indy this year. He won't have an easy road Saturday as Heady will give him all he has and Hardcastle wants nothing more than to repeat as Regional Champ. Great finals match for sure but Mr. Sturgill is going to be hard to beat.

160: This weight class changed as much as any weight class possibly could with the disappointing exit of Radar. This weight class has my vote for the one that is a "lock" as no one will even contend Blaney Harrison. Ford came out of nowhere last week and won the Peru sectional and this kid is a scrapper and has a great chance of punching his ticket to Fort Wayne Saturday but again Mr. Harrison easily owns this one.

170: Gonna be some REALLY great semis in this weight class as ALL FOUR wrestlers here are returning SS qualifiers. We have Cressel/Barbary on the top and 'Q' Moore/King on the bottom. The ensuing finals will be very fun to watch without a doubt and I have to give my nod to Mr. Moore here as 3rd time's a charm and he will relentlessly wrestle for the top spot on the podium! Hats off to whomever is this champ as he will have certainly earned it!!

182: The boys from the Peru sectional know each other very well and all four qualifiers have all wrestled each other THREE times this year with no one really dominating. They have flip flopped back and forth all year. This weight class is my vote for the "it's anyone's for the taking".... All four matches in the first round will be unpredictable nail biters for sure. Might be some pins, might be some OT matches, this is literally that tight of a weight class. No predictions here other than 8 boys that will wrestle their A$$E$ off with the eventual victor being well deserving of his blue ribbon.

195: Semi's will likely be the nearly perfect Elliot against Lane Eckrote who is a monster. Elliot is so sound and experienced at this level and Lane will likely bite off more than he can chew. I'm definitely looking forward to the winner of that facing Mr. Hobbs in a battle of strength.

220: The battle for 2nd-4th in this weight class will be fun to watch for sure. In the first round Hozey/Tharp will be a tough one and then on the other side Clark vs. Fox in the semi's will be a great match as well. Again, those will make for a great 3rd/4th place match. Ellis is just plain prenominal, no two ways about it, after he wins semi state next weekend I see this guy as a top 4 podium placer as far as I'm concerned and he will not struggle too awful much this weekend in Peru.

The big boys: I wish I could have saw the finals last week in this weight class at Oak Hill. Those men define the term BEASTS. Can't wait for this weight class as well and as mentioned above, I see people sticking around for this finals regardless of who is in it. The two finalist from Oak Hill will have no problem making their way to SS and I see big Jake Stephan who is wrestling well making some noise and sticking around another week as well. Going to be a tough weight class to win for sure!!

Good luck to all the athletes that have earned their way to the Peru Regional. See you Saturday!

Really hoping for a rematch of Bullock and Deardorff at 120. The semi's and finals at 145 could be really good Bayless v. Hetzner and Moore v. Bratcher in the semi's!!!

What about the kid from kokomo he beat Bayless by pin and Moore lost to bayless??

Really hoping for a rematch of Bullock and Deardorff at 120. The semi's and finals at 145 could be really good Bayless v. Hetzner and Moore v. Bratcher in the semi's!!!

I hear Kaseys coach is a huge Taylor Swift fan so if you can distract him with some of Taylors tunes and get him to dance during this match....

What about the kid from kokomo he beat Bayless by pin and Moore lost to bayless??

Touche, I forgot about Roberson of Kokomo that is a tough first round match a good kid will be going home early.

I hear Kaseys coach is a huge Taylor Swift fan so if you can distract him with some of Taylors tunes and get him to dance during this match....

Thanks for the heads up big guy!!! I will be blasting it from my phone, I just hope I don't start dancing!

He's going to be hard to beat Saturday no doubt. Who are his two losses to?

He lost to a Jay county kid and a Geurin Catholic kid.  He told me that they were both really close matches. He didn't have his weight under under control at that time either.

Those matches you mentioned will be great for sure, especially those matches in 145. Underclassmen like Delton Moore and Bratcher are so talented and will be fun to watch for years to come. I'm a coach so I'm not going to specifically predict top 4 in order or anything like that but for entertainment purposes here's my thoughts on this weekend's action and which matches you don't want to miss!

106: Herring is a BEAST!! This fella is so fun to watch. Robinette will put up a good fight against Lechner but I see a likely rematch of last weekend for Herring and Lechner. Hard to see any of these guys denying Herring back to back regional titles.

113: Andersen and Summers will be an action packed fun match to watch in the semis no doubt with the winner facing the defending champ "MR. Wright". Hard to see him not repeating.

120: Kasey looks very solid this year and it was fun to watch him avenge what I understand to be an early season loss last weekend. Bullock is going to have to work his tail off to get past Ridgeway if we're going to see a rematch. Top 3 in this class are all capable of winning this weekend.

126: Defending champ Elmore will be out for blood this weekend and he is going to be hard to beat. I have no doubt the legendary Coach King will have Davenport up for the challenge. There are some tough kids in this weight class but this rematch will likely happen and wow what a match it will be!

132: Maggard/Clark in the semis will be a great match and that winner will likely face Kellogg in the finals. This is another one in my opinion that any of these 3 seasoned athletes mentioned could win this class.

138: Hall from Wabash is looking tough and wrestling hard. He was behind a stud last year and missed his target but I don't see anyone getting in his way to the top of the podium Saturday.

145: Sorry to throw in the overused cliché' but this weight class is worth the price of admission. On the top side in the semi's you'll likely see Bayless/Hetzner match and that outcome is anybody's bet. This weight class also has what I feel is the tightest, best first round match as well. Delton Moore is a battle tested freshman that is tough as nails. He will face last year's regional finalist Roberson in the opening "ticket round". Peru regional attendees you do NOT want to miss this match! Roberson has a big win over Bayless in this weight class and Delton has fallen short two weekends in a row (by 2 points both times) against Bayless, but again to be cliché, Moore is HUNGRY and will stop at nothing to win during his first 6 minutes Saturday morning. (On a side note: what makes it more fun is the fact that Roberson wrestled Delton's older brother Clayton in last year's regional finals) The winner of that first match better rest up quickly because the near perfect Mr. Bratcher will be waiting for them. Whomever is atop that podium in this weigh class will have earned it for sure!!

152: This finals will likely feature 2 returning regional champs! How great is that! Sturgill is a returning state qualifier with big podium plans in Indy this year. He won't have an easy road Saturday as Heady will give him all he has and Hardcastle wants nothing more than to repeat as Regional Champ. Great finals match for sure but Mr. Sturgill is going to be hard to beat.

160: This weight class changed as much as any weight class possibly could with the disappointing exit of Radar. This weight class has my vote for the one that is a "lock" as no one will even contend Blaney Harrison. Ford came out of nowhere last week and won the Peru sectional and this kid is a scrapper and has a great chance of punching his ticket to Fort Wayne Saturday but again Mr. Harrison easily owns this one.

170: Gonna be some REALLY great semis in this weight class as ALL FOUR wrestlers here are returning SS qualifiers. We have Cressel/Barbary on the top and 'Q' Moore/King on the bottom. The ensuing finals will be very fun to watch without a doubt and I have to give my nod to Mr. Moore here as 3rd time's a charm and he will relentlessly wrestle for the top spot on the podium! Hats off to whomever is this champ as he will have certainly earned it!!

182: The boys from the Peru sectional know each other very well and all four qualifiers have all wrestled each other THREE times this year with no one really dominating. They have flip flopped back and forth all year. This weight class is my vote for the "it's anyone's for the taking".... All four matches in the first round will be unpredictable nail biters for sure. Might be some pins, might be some OT matches, this is literally that tight of a weight class. No predictions here other than 8 boys that will wrestle their A$$E$ off with the eventual victor being well deserving of his blue ribbon.

195: Semi's will likely be the nearly perfect Elliot against Lane Eckrote who is a monster. Elliot is so sound and experienced at this level and Lane will likely bite off more than he can chew. I'm definitely looking forward to the winner of that facing Mr. Hobbs in a battle of strength.

220: The battle for 2nd-4th in this weight class will be fun to watch for sure. In the first round Hozey/Tharp will be a tough one and then on the other side Clark vs. Fox in the semi's will be a great match as well. Again, those will make for a great 3rd/4th place match. Ellis is just plain prenominal, no two ways about it, after he wins semi state next weekend I see this guy as a top 4 podium placer as far as I'm concerned and he will not struggle too awful much this weekend in Peru.

The big boys: I wish I could have saw the finals last week in this weight class at Oak Hill. Those men define the term BEASTS. Can't wait for this weight class as well and as mentioned above, I see people sticking around for this finals regardless of who is in it. The two finalist from Oak Hill will have no problem making their way to SS and I see big Jake Stephan who is wrestling well making some noise and sticking around another week as well. Going to be a tough weight class to win for sure!!

Good luck to all the athletes that have earned their way to the Peru Regional. See you Saturday!

Thanks man!

Touche, I forgot about Roberson of Kokomo that is a tough first round match a good kid will be going home early.

Thanks for the heads up big guy!!! I will be blasting it from my phone, I just hope I don't start dancing!

dancing is quite acceptable imo, in fact, I encourage it !

I woodn't mind a Bullock/Deardorff rematch...as long as its not a consolation match  :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.