Calumet Regional Predictions

busstogate

106- Peele, Perez, Cruz, Cardwell

113- Triana, and I can't comment on the rest due to personal ties

120- Reitz, Miranda, and see above for the last two.

126- Torres, DLP, Reese, and Cervantes

132- Black, Rumph, Crary the Younger, King

138- Crary the Elder, Leon, Lizardi, Hoover

145- McIntosh, Colza, Wilson, Watts

152- Bam, Burns, Lucero, Kaurich

160- Covaciu, Guerrero, Galloway, Taylor

170- Cornejo, Stassin, Washington, Groover

182- Morgan, Gibbs, Fowler, Torres

195- Kleimola, Torres, Noble, Kinley

220- Streck, Rincon, Szydlo, Carradine

285- Streck, Murillo, McCollum, Mielenz

106 was hard for me, as Perez beat Peele soundly when they met.  However, Peele tends to close the gap when meeting someone more than once.  Perez is flying high with confidence right now, so I might be completely wrong in picking Peele.  182 was also tough, as Morgan has had some difficulty at times.  Just a hunch he pulls it together at Calumet, where Portage is very comfortable wrestling.

106-Perez, Peele, Hirchak, Petrowski

113-Triana, Poynter, Issa, Carey

120-Reitz, Miranda, luna, gomez

126-Torres, DeLapena, Cervantes, Rodriguez

132-Black, Crary, Rumph, King

138-Crary, Leon, pintor, Hoover

145-Mcintosh, colza, Issa, Tucker

152-Bam, Burns, Renton, Kaurich

160-Covaciu, Guerrero, Galloway, A Taylor

170-Cornejo, Stassin, locket, Guarnaro

182-Gibbs, Fowler, Morgan, lang

195-Kleimola, Torres, Noble, Kinley

220-Szydlo, caradine, Streck, Garcia

285-Streck, Murillo, Ragin, Gibson

there was a monster from Indian Creek a few years ago that destroyed everyone and pinned his way thru most matches if not all.

bigger kid like 195 or something

Edited by JMILL

If you are referring to Stevenson from Indian Creek, he didn't win, I believe he was 3rd. I was shocked he didn't win it, because he looked awesome early on. If I remember correctly he lost 1-0 to someone in the semi's.

I think he wore a tuxedo singlet.

Wow, it's been awhile...what's going on everyone!?!?  Been busy working so I can afford private school tuition and breedin' me another one.  So yes, that's means I got some...for a second time.  This time the lil critter came out with a singlet on and little more than I got down below...so, we'll see what happens.  Well, I thought I'd chime in on this one...

Looking Calumet/CP Regionals and EC Semi-State...

Once again, some strong individuals with multiple state placers coming out of all of them  However, I haven't been too impressed with the overall competitiveness of The Region this year as far as depth goes.  The usual suspects will shine through and a couple dark horses may make some noise, but I wouldn't bet on anymore than 6 Champs max coming out of the EC Semi-State.  Two from Calumet, Two from CP, and one for sure, maybe two from Penn's Regional.  There are a few others I feel strongly about, but that lack of competitiveness may hurt them in those deep weights.  Now, don't get me wrong, I'm Region tried and true...but I'm also a realist.  Here's my predictions...

Calumet Regional:  2 Champs, 2/3 Dark Horses
CP Regional:  2 Champs, 1 Dark Horse
EC Semi-State Totals:  6 Champs, 4/5 Dark Horses

Good luck to all the wrestlers and coaches...looking forward to the next two weeks!

npb

Wow, it's been awhile...what's going on everyone!?!?  Been busy working so I can afford private school tuition and breedin' me another one.  So yes, that's means I got some...for a second time.  This time the lil critter came out with a singlet on and little more than I got down below...so, we'll see what happens.  Well, I thought I'd chime in on this one...

Looking Calumet/CP Regionals and EC Semi-State...

Once again, some strong individuals with multiple state placers coming out of all of them  However, I haven't been too impressed with the overall competitiveness of The Region this year as far as depth goes.  The usual suspects will shine through and a couple dark horses may make some noise, but I wouldn't bet on anymore than 6 Champs max coming out of the EC Semi-State.  Two from Calumet, Two from CP, and one for sure, maybe two from Penn's Regional.  There are a few others I feel strongly about, but that lack of competitiveness may hurt them in those deep weights.  Now, don't get me wrong, I'm Region tried and true...but I'm also a realist.  Here's my predictions...

Calumet Regional:  2 Champs, 2/3 Dark Horses

CP Regional:  2 Champs, 1 Dark Horse

EC Semi-State Totals:  6 Champs, 4/5 Dark Horses

Good luck to all the wrestlers and coaches...looking forward to the next two weeks!

npb

My question is which of the 3 #1 ranked kids at Calumet, is a dark horse?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.