Perry Meridian Regional

base

Perry Regional should be loaded, and Coach Tonte will square off against his former team on several of the weight classes.  How much time will Chad Red Jr need to log this Saturday?

My picks and comments

106 - Murphy, Fair, Rose, Vaughn

113 - White, Turner, Fair, Peavler  (I correctly picked Turner last week.  I think White gets revenge this week)

120 - Culp, Smiley, Diep, Sharp (Smiley/Clayton matchup in ticket round should be good)

126 - McGhee, Servies, Noehre, Moore

132 - Red, Brookbank, Wright, Brock  (Prediction: Red is pushed to almost 2 minutes total)

138 - McKinney, Ellis, Hurley, Worden

145 - Timberman, Vaughn, Rust, Graves

152 - Pruitt, Johnson, Starks, Wright  (classic PM/WC matchup in finals)

160 - Warren, Herrick, Hamilton, Rothwell

170 - Goddard, Warren, Willis, Lowe

182 - Blount, Diaz, Torres, Cecil

195 - Tonte, Burton, Clark, Smith

220 - Knox-Abbot, Wetli, Kaiser, McClosky

285 - Brogan, Ridle, Wuerch, Powell

Best Finals Matchups:  113, 106, 138, 145

Perry regional has 33 ranked wrestlers, pretty sure that is more than any other regional. Smiley and Clayton are the only ranked wrestlers facing off in the first round so most likely there will be 32/56 ranked wrestlers moving on to SS. That should make for a great day of wrestling. Good luck to all.

I think both Perry and Warren have a chance of sending all 14 to SS. Perry will have to dig deep and come to wrestle. Sending all 14 to SS is rare as it is but to send 2 full teams from arguably one of the deepest regionals would be crazy. I'm guessing it has never been done before!

Edited by Loki27

While I agree with most of your picks base, not necessarily the order 1-4. Fair is a super tough kid but I don't think IHSAA or Perry will allow him to go both 106 & 113, but Nier will take that 113 spot. As far as advancing all 14 from Perry, not likely Loki27. Smiley will end that possibility early & FC's Owensby has a good shot at 220 vs McCloskey. Warren on the other hand, is very likely to advance all 14 Saturday.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.