Lafayette Jeff Sectional

HighCrotchKing8

106 This is McCartney's weight class. He has looked solid all year and is coming off an awesome NCC conference championship. 

113 Im taking Randall from West Side over Wade from Harrison mainly because he is a senior

120 This weight class is going to be a barn burner on Saturday but im gonna have to take the freshman Betourne. Something tells me the coaches at Harrison will be telling him just the right things this week and he'll be ready to scrap on Saturday. 

126 Im also going to take the senior here with Wade from Harrison, returning semi state qualifier with a lot of experience under his belt. Im not tossing out Watson from Delphi because he really brought it last Wednesday and even took home the win in the dual between Harrison and Delphi. But my gut tells me Wade. 

132 Strawsma is my cold hard lock here. Returning state qualifier who always peaks at the right time. 

138 This is a toss up for me as both Krintz and Lukaszka have been wrestling great. But ill stop right their so we don't get a whole discussion going again. 

145- I'm taking Clay Jones here hes looked really good all year and looks to be wrestling with a lot of confidence.  

152 Im taking another Broncho here with Matt Grammar who looked just as good as anyone at conference last week. But don't be surprised if the super athletic Kidwell pulls an upset. 

160 This another fun weight. The 4 seed Dennis Ingle is dangerous and had a last second loss to 2 seeded Hart from Delphi. One seeded  Hodgen from Rossevile is someone that i didn't get the opportunity to watch but he obviously didn't get that 1 seed by mistake. Ingle and Hodgen will be must see TV in the semis.

170 My other cold hard lock is Mote, 2x returning state qualifier who is on a mission this year to finally wrestle on Saturday at the Bank.

182 This one im taking straight to the finals and calling Munson vs Mathis pt.3. I wouldn't shy away from calling this a rivalry. Last year Munson beat Mathis in the 3rd place match at sectionals and then  earlier this year Mathis gut out a victory over Munson in the dual.  All eyes will for-sure be on this match when the finals roll around. 

195 is looking hands down the deepest weight class besides maybe 120. I think any of the top 4 seeds could end up taking home the championship. Devin Moore really impressed last week with a gutsy victory over Collins in the semis and then another tough win over Conley in the finals. But dont overlook Collins and Conley just yet, they will be in the hunt this weekend. Kidwell from west side came out of nowhere last year and tore up this weight class so he might be my favorite going in on Saturday. But this class has 3 hungry seniors looking for there first sectional crown and 1 senior looking to repeat. 

220 Baldwin pulled out a shocking first period pin over the impressive heir to "Seth meyers throne" Crider from Harrison but to be the best you have to beat the best which at this point of the year has bin Baldwin. 

285 This one is going to come down to Rodgers and Clark and will be good. With two quick moving heavies their should be some points scored that we are not used to seeing in a heavyweight final. But im taking the Oracle.

Team Race comes down to whos wrestlers come to wrestle and most importantly the wrestle backs.

Im taking Harrison 

Edited by jcorr170

106 This is McCartney's weight class. He has looked solid all year and is coming off an awesome NCC conference championship. 

113 Im taking Randall from West Side over Wade from Harrison mainly because he is a senior

120 This weight class is going to be a barn burner on Saturday but im gonna have to take the freshman Betourne. Something tells me the coaches at Harrison will be telling him just the right things this week and he'll be ready to scrap on Saturday. 

126 Im also going to take the senior here with Wade from Harrison, returning semi state qualifier with a lot of experience under his belt. Im not tossing out Watson from Delphi because he really brought it last Wednesday and even took home the win in the dual between Harrison and Delphi. But my gut tells me Wade. 

132 Strawsma is my cold hard lock here. Returning state qualifier who always peaks at the right time. 

138 This is a toss up for me as both Krintz and Lukaszka have been wrestling great. But ill stop right their so we don't get a whole discussion going again. 

145- I'm taking Clay Jones here hes looked really good all year and looks to be wrestling with a lot of confidence.  

152 Im taking another Broncho here with Matt Grammar who looked just as good as anyone at conference last week. But don't be surprised if the super athletic Kidwell pulls an upset. 

160 This another fun weight. The 4 seed Dennis Ingle is dangerous and had a last second loss to 2 seeded Hart from Delphi. One seeded  Hodgen from Rossevile is someone that i didn't get the opportunity to watch but he obviously didn't get that 1 seed by mistake. Ingle and Hodgen will be must see TV in the semis.

170 My other cold hard lock is Mote, 2x returning state qualifier who is on a mission this year to finally wrestle on Saturday at the Bank.

182 This one im taking straight to the finals and calling Munson vs Mathis pt.3. I wouldn't shy away from calling this a rivalry. Last year Munson beat Mathis in the 3rd place match at sectionals and then  earlier this year Mathis gut out a victory over Munson in the dual.  All eyes will for-sure be on this match when the finals roll around. 

195 is looking hands down the deepest weight class besides maybe 120. I think any of the top 4 seeds could end up taking home the championship. Devin Moore really impressed last week with a gutsy victory over Collins in the semis and then another tough win over Conley in the finals. But dont overlook Collins and Conley just yet, they will be in the hunt this weekend. Kidwell from west side came out of nowhere last year and tore up this weight class so he might be my favorite going in on Saturday. But this class has 3 hungry seniors looking for there first sectional crown and 1 senior looking to repeat. 

220 Baldwin pulled out a shocking first period pin over the impressive heir to "Seth meyers throne" Crider from Harrison but to be the best you have to beat the best which at this point of the year has bin Baldwin. 

285 This one is going to come down to Rodgers and Clark and will be good. With two quick moving heavies their should be some points scored that we are not used to seeing in a heavyweight final. But im taking the Oracle.

Team Race comes down to whos wrestlers come to wrestle and most importantly the wrestle backs.

Im taking Harrison 

I would not count Blake Chase (MC) out at 285. Very impressive kid. I do know he beat Rodgers (JHS) very solidly during the season. This kid has some semi-state Ability if not low ranking ability at state!

I would not count Blake Chase (MC) out at 285. Very impressive kid. I do know he beat Rodgers (JHS) very solidly during the season. This kid has some semi-state Ability if not low ranking ability at state!

I wonder what "Surprise Headlock" thinks about the heavies.

McCartney

Coon

Patrick

Proffitt

Randall

Mccoy

Wade

Lehr

Anderson

Betourne

Ragen

Fadness

Watson

Wade

Erdman

Casillas

Strawsma

Alvarez (feel like Harrison will put him in, like conference)

Magallanes

Ingram

Lukaszka

Krintz

Ensign

Robinson

Jones

Morgan

Cassell

Ruiz

Grammer

Kidwell

Chase

Glenn

Hart

Ingle

Simmons

Hodgen

Mote

Fair

Puetz

Ladd

Munson

Mathis

Lambeth

Gary

195 (deepest weight class. All 4 should make it to semi state)

Collins

Kidwell

Moore

Conley

Baldwin

Trent

Crider

Hall

Clark

Rogers

Trent

Laborin

Team

Jeff (I think they will get more help from other teams compared to conference, the match seem to favor them)

Harrison

West Lafayette

This should be a fun day of wrestling.   Maybe its just me, but sure seems like a pretty solid group of Seniors this year that heavily contribute.   I think it will open up next year .   Harrison has 6( after losing 8 last year), WL has  7,  Jeff 5,  BC has a strong 4, Delphi has 3 big ones and Rossville has a few.    Good luck to everybody, and thanks to all the class of 16 for the good effort over the years.

Great showing today from the Delphi wrestlers. I am proud of you all! Lets get all 8 of you out of regional and on to semi-state! Also, congrats to all of you seniors out on the mat today, I wish you all could continue wrestling the next few weeks!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.