Lee is in, but who is out?

rookie78

Obviously, with Lee in, that leaves Embry out. Hate it for him. Senior year. Did an awesome job for MD "filling in" all season!

This is the kind of crap we need to get out this sport. This kid and many others in the state sacrifice for their teams and then gets the shaft at even competing. Some have wrestled up a class or more bc of various reasons for teams and then it's all taken away for another individual's success. Sorry, just a major pet peeve of mine in this sport.

This is the kind of crap we need to get out this sport. This kid and many others in the state sacrifice for their teams and then gets the shaft at even competing. Some have wrestled up a class or more bc of various reasons for teams and then it's all taken away for another individual's success. Sorry, just a major pet peeve of mine in this sport.

In Michigan you can enter 14 wrestlers with up to two in a weight. This would make for some interesting line-ups at sectional.

That's why Mater Dei is successful.  They are a team and everyone has a role, even if it is to be a great practice partner and only get to wrestle varsity for part of a Senior season.

The beauty in our sport is that there is an easy way to decide who gets the spot, which is a wrestle off. The winner gets the spot. Injuries happen, so despite the fact that one wrestler gets to wrestle the majority of the season, best man takes the spot. I'm not sure how anyone can argue with that. 

In Michigan you can enter 14 wrestlers with up to two in a weight. This would make for some interesting line-ups at sectional.

The weigh in rules and etc need changed. I do need to brush up on them, but there are some crappy situations this time of year. I know of a wrestler who could have weighed in at a lower weight this year to better his individual chances but couldn't because he needed to fill the lineup usually 2 weight classes up from where he could have weighed in. Now he isn't even getting a shot to compete this weekend. I've saw this before and some kids choose not to wrestle again. Cannot blame them when they do not.

Anytime I see a kid sitting the bench in football, basketball or baseball, I always ask them if they are practicing hard. If the answer is yes, I always advise them to immediately quit. The coach, the system, the man or all three are keeping them down.

When a kid (sucker) is in a game because a "better" kid is hurt or sick, I point out that as soon as the star is healthy, the coach will show their abject lack of appreciation by landing him back on the bench. Don't be used: quit!

Offensive linemen are the biggest suckers of all--down in the trenches, doing the hard work so a pretty boy tailback can hog the glory. I always make a point of telling those guys to wise up and drop out.

Wrestling is the worst, hiding under the guise of a "fair" wreslte-off. The coach ALWAYS has his favorite and instructs his referee to call the match so that the "right" kid wins.

Again, parents need to be more involved. Coaches need non-stop criticism and instruction from parents so that their kid is treated fairly. That's the only possible way for change to be affected. Otherwise, kids should simply quit. If enough do this, soon, many schools would not have enough players to field a team. That would also be a great way to draw attention to a chronic problem.

Edited by hook and half

Yeah, No... So who is entitled now?

Anytime I see a kid sitting the bench in football, basketball or baseball, I always ask them if they are practicing hard. If the answer is yes, I always advise them to immediately quit. The coach, the system, the man or all three are keeping them down.

When a kid (sucker) is in a game because a "better" kid is hurt or sick, I point out that as soon as the star is healthy, the coach will show their abject lack of appreciation by landing him back on the bench. Don't be used: quit!

Offensive linemen are the biggest suckers of all--down in the trenches, doing the hard work so a pretty boy tailback can hog the glory. I always make a point of telling those guys to wise up and drop out.

Wrestling is the worst, hiding under the guise of a "fair" wreslte-off. The coach ALWAYS has his favorite and instructs his referee to call the match so that the "right" kid wins.

Again, parents need to be more involved. Coaches need non-stop criticism and instruction from parents so that their kid is treated fairly. That's the only possible way for change to be affected. Otherwise, kids should simply quit. If enough do this, soon, many schools would not have enough players to field a team. That would also be a great way to draw attention to a chronic problem.

This is "tongue in cheek" right?

The beauty in our sport is that there is an easy way to decide who gets the spot, which is a wrestle off. The winner gets the spot. Injuries happen, so despite the fact that one wrestler gets to wrestle the majority of the season, best man takes the spot. I'm not sure how anyone can argue with that.

This case, I know mentioned wrestler won wrestle off with other wrestlers for spot. The wrestler now filling the spot won wrestle off against different wrestlers at another weight. The one filling the spot decided to move up a weight class and did not have a wrestle off before seeding meeting. Both wrestlers competed for the team at conference last week and coach decided it was up to lower weight wrestler to choose.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.