Evansville Central Sectional

SWSpectator

Not agreeing or disagreeing. But given the fact that MD got spanked twice in one day at team state, I can see the point of MD not being on par with MD teams of the past. Yes I said spanked, and yes I saw it with my own eyes.

All you have to do is look at the individual records through the year and you begin to see the point. You want to talk about "facts", what was the last MD team to enter the SIAC with a line up with a combined record of 214 wins to 86 loses?

I know there are teams that would love to have those combined stats, but hardly a MD par year.

MD may be the best in this area, but semi state is where is look for the Coaches Trophy to start slipping from their grasp.

Not agreeing or disagreeing. But given the fact that MD got spanked twice in one day at team state, I can see the point of MD not being on par with MD teams of the past. Yes I said spanked, and yes I saw it with my own eyes.

All you have to do is look at the individual records through the year and you begin to see the point. You want to talk about "facts", what was the last MD team to enter the SIAC with a line up with a combined record of 214 wins to 86 loses?

I know there are teams that would love to have those combined stats, but hardly a MD par year.

MD may be the best in this area, but semi state is where is look for the Coaches Trophy to start slipping from their grasp.

You took the time to compile their records? Impressive effort; impressive counting skills.

You also claimed to have seen them get spanked "with your own eyes." Can you verify that? That seems like a lot of miles on your yugo just to troll MD.

Edited by hook and half

Apparently MD fans eat their own.

You can have your opinionopinion, and I can have mine...

Truthfully all I care about at the end of the day is that EVERYONE wrestles their best and ends the day healthy and ready for the next step in their journey.

You want to sling petty insults? It's what we have come to expect. I do have to ask, how do you have time to post all your Westside love while keeping up with the Mater Dei teams laundry and driving them around town?

Overall MD does have a few weak spots in their lineup. Without Will Egli, the team is weaker as well. But when it's all said and done MD still has a good shot at winning state with both Lees, Luigs, Jordan, Wildeman, and Egli being a solid core. If draws work out in MDs favor, a little bit of luck, and some of them pull an upset, who knows?

I have to wonder about the MD line up at 113,126,160-182, and 220-285. They are not the type of line up we have seen in the past from MD.

They win the Sectional, but I can see a real possibility where it's on the strength of thirds and not bringing all champions into a regional loaded with talented kids from 106 to 285.

Let the bickering begin... But look at the performance this year and tell me you don't see what I see.

Good calls, BlueBolt, you are the Howard Cosell of wrestling.  

MD collected 224.5 points after the completion of the semi final round and 284.5 for the tournament.  Mt. Vernon was second with 159.

I guess they didn't have to rely on the "strength of the thirds".

i realize it's an observation, but really it doesn't matter if this years Md team is (and this is up for debate) better or worse than previous teams. They've been an outstanding team in the past, I'm sure they will be in the future. Comparing THIS years team just to throw a little shade at MD (again) is so pointless. im not a westsider and didn't even go to MD, but come on Bluebolt. Give credit where credit is due.

Edited by bearcat16

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.