Nick Lee 132 ?

1gold

Lee beat Lamont? When and the score ?

Can't find any matches on Track.  He lost to Luke Pletcher 6-4 at FloNationals in April 2012, after beating Nick Piccinnini.  That was going at the end of is 7th grade year. One thing I found interesting is he initially lost to Jan Rosenberg in that tournament.  Nick went on to 8th grade that fall.  Rosenberg wrestled varsity matches for Rutgers in Nov. 2012.

I went all the way back to 2007.  I saw that both Paul Konrath and Sage Coy beat him in the 55 lb Midget at ISWA Greco State.  lol

I understand that some people are trolling. I guess you have the right to do that, if you please. But please be mindful that we are talking about a couple of high school kids here. Please do not bash either wrestler's courage or mental toughness.

Both wrestlers' have resumes that are shaping up in fashion for them to mentioned as some of the best wrestlers in Indiana history. Let's discuss their potential match up with the respect it deserves.

If this match up takes place and it isn't under the lights, it will be one of the biggest shams in IHSAA Wreslting history. I am all for a making a match like this the main event. If we can figure out a way to do so, I am all about a vote or petition. Maybe we could do something where fans voted the order of the weight classes in the championship match? It'd also be nice for the big guys to not have to go last and have half of the fans in Banker's Life already in their cars headed home.

Best of luck to Nick Lee, Chad Red, and everyone else at 132, especially all the seniors. I hope you all have a great state tournament run. Stay healthy, have fun, and leave it all out on the mat.

I don't post very often on this board.  To be honest I don't post at all but I follow it religiously just like I follow High School wrestling in Indiana.  It amazes me how quickly people want to overlook the accomplishments of Red.  He has nothing to prove to anyone and has beaten everyone that has stepped on the mat to face in High School and on the national stage (minus a few hiccups).  I take nothing away from Lee (who is an outstanding wrestler on the High School stage and nationally in his own right) but Red is ranked the number 1 wrestler in his weight class not only in the state but the nation for a reason.  I heard the same thing a few years ago when Micic and Lee were in the same weight class, "Micic is going to get beat by Lee"  Yet it didn't happen! Now a few are underestimating another good wrestler in a similar scenario in Chad Red.  Let this unfold on the mat I promise you the best wrestler will come out on top that day.  Both are outstanding wrestlers and deserve the high expectations that are bestowed upon them.  If this match does take place I look forward to it.  But neither wrestler has anything to prove to any of us.

I don't post very often on this board.  To be honest I don't post at all but I follow it religiously just like I follow High School wrestling in Indiana.  It amazes me how quickly people want to overlook the accomplishments of Red.  He has nothing to prove to anyone and has beaten everyone that has stepped on the mat to face in High School and on the national stage (minus a few hiccups).  I take nothing away from Lee (who is an outstanding wrestler on the High School stage and nationally in his own right) but Red is ranked the number 1 wrestler in his weight class not only in the state but the nation for a reason.  I heard the same thing a few years ago when Micic and Lee were in the same weight class, "Micic is going to get beat by Lee"  Yet it didn't happen! Now a few are underestimating another good wrestler in a similar scenario in Chad Red.  Let this unfold on the mat I promise you the best wrestler will come out on top that day.  Both are outstanding wrestlers and deserve the high expectations that are bestowed upon them.  If this match does take place I look forward to it.  But neither wrestler has anything to prove to any of us.

If you read this whole thread and others like it, you will see that many of us have been quick to point out that only the top couple guys in the nation have been able to stay close to CJ and that him losing--even to Lee--would be a very significant upset.  I would expect a hard-fought 5-2 or 4-1 type of victory.

I heard the same thing a few years ago when Micic and Lee were in the same weight class, "Micic is going to get beat by Lee" Yet it didn't happen! Now a few are underestimating another good wrestler in a similar scenario in Chad Red. Let this unfold on the mat I promise you the best wrestler will come out on top that day.

That's a bit of a different comparison. In scenario 1, Lee is a freshman going up against #1 Micic. In this scenario, Lee is a junior and has since dominated at Fargo and dominated his way to a state championship. I can only assume he has improved quite a bit since his freshman year and Red isn't considerably better than Micic was his senior year.

I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but senior Micic verus senior Red would be 2 of the best technicians to ever wrestle. That would be like watching a 125 pound college match, lots of scrambles and great defense. I'm sure that's a match we'll get to enjoy in the next couple of years, assuming they both stay in the 125/133 range. 

Since we're talking about Red and Micic now, how about some opinions on "WHAT IF". Like what if freshman Red wrestled senior Micic? If they were the same weight of course.

Edited by pupp44

I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but senior Micic verus senior Red would be 2 of the best technicians to ever wrestle. That would be like watching a 125 pound college match, lots of scrambles and great defense. I'm sure that's a match we'll get to enjoy in the next couple of years, assuming they both stay in the 125/133 range.

To many good hs kids don't finish up in college, hope it does not happen with these two.

I am a MD fan and I think if Nick were able to wrestle all year then I would say I like Nicks chances at winning and I say that because I believe it would come down to who can ride the period out for second or third period. I think Red wins because of conditioning and I think Nick has a chance if he can keep it close.

That's a bit of a different comparison. In scenario 1, Lee is a freshman going up against #1 Micic. In this scenario, Lee is a junior and has since dominated at Fargo and dominated his way to a state championship. I can only assume he has improved quite a bit since his freshman year and Red isn't considerably better than Micic was his senior year.

Whats so different? Lee was a freshman phenom that everyone said he would beat Micic(2x state champ going for his 3rd). It wasn't even close, Micic showed why he was the champ. Now we got Lee and Red. The 3x defending and undefeated state champ is up against Lee. While Lee is not only a national champ, but international as well. Red has won every match he wrestled in the last couple years against some of the nations best. While I'm pulling for the hometown boy. As the great 16X world champ said " to be the man, you have to beat the man" Wooooo!

I counted the predictions on this thread. Four have Lee winning and six have Red winning. So what exactly is your complaint? That it isn't 100% Red?

People predict upsets all the time. And they happen with some frequency. That's not disrespect. It's experience.

I think everyone gets this is a huge potential match-up..Historic some have said..I agree.  I would like to see a rematch from Al Smith between Molloy and Black..That was shaping up to be a great finish then Black put his shoulders on the mat fending off molloy coming out the back door to try and take the lead late. Certainly Lee, and Red are the favorites but I don't think anyone is conceding just yet.  Even after Molloy and Black there is some real quality that in another year the depth of the weight might be the topic. Much work to be done though before anyone even punches their ticket. Should be a lot of fun.

Edited by BlackshirtD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.