Nick Lee 132 ?

1gold

Guys I think we all are putting the cart before the horse.  They need to make it to state first.  In wrestling...anything can happen.  There are some other good wrestlers at 132. Great potential match-up at SS for Lee.

I see what your saying but there has only been a couple of wrestlers in Nick's high school career that have scored offensive points on him, So i like our chances of seeing him under the lights.

Guys I think we all are putting the cart before the horse.  They need to make it to state first.  In wrestling...anything can happen.  There are some other good wrestlers at 132. Great potential match-up at SS for Lee.

maybe you could say that for a lot of kids in the state.... but the horses come before the cart when it comes to these two kids

Let's be real.  If these two don't meet under the lights, the only reason will be because it happens in the semi-finals.  There are other very good 132's, but Lee and Red are head and shoulders above them.

crazy things happen!  There is gonna be 14 other kids that will still probably show up anyway, and darnitall if they don't go ahead and wrestle if they get a shot at Red and Lee...haha...It is huge though no doubt.  Has there been a more hyped possible match-up? Recently anyway probably Lee v.s Micic.

Edited by BlackshirtD

I think some people are forgetting g what everyone has to get through to get to Bankers... Nick Lee is the real deal, no doubt, but he won't make it to Chad Red if he is injured. He can make it to state, but I wouldn't take Superman if he was injured vs Red

LOL... I'll take that bet. how much?

Did Molloy not score on Red last year?

yes he did

Edited by MCKAJC

Why can't this just be the last match on Saturday Night? Just like the Dake Taylor Match. Could just as easy start at 138 and build up the suspense for a whole 13 matches. That and then everyone would stay until the end and the heavyweights get some love finally. 

Why can't this just be the last match on Saturday Night? Just like the Dake Taylor Match. Could just as easy start at 138 and build up the suspense for a whole 13 matches. That and then everyone would stay until the end and the heavyweights get some love finally.

From the National Wrestling Rules

ART. 4 . . . A random draw of weight classes for championship final matches for an individually bracketed tournament, regular season and/or state high school championship series, may be used for competition. In multi-dual events and team advancement tournaments, the sequence determined by the draw will be followed for that day’s subsequent dual-meet competition; the subsequent dual meet shall begin one weight class beyond the starting weight class of the previ- ous round. The following procedure shall be used for all random draws:

a. The random draw shall take place immediately preceding weigh-ins.

b. The referee or other authorized person shall supervise the random draw.

c. Subsequent matches will follow in the traditional order.

While you can reorder the starting weight class in a tournament, the part of the rule about it being a "random draw" would create a issue with ending at a specific weight. I'm sure the powers that be could amazingly find a way to randomly draw the premier weight class to go last, but I don't see the IHSAA going along with that type of "random."

Edited by MattM

From the National Wrestling Rules

ART. 4 . . . A random draw of weight classes for championship final matches for an individually bracketed tournament, regular season and/or state high school championship series, may be used for competition. In multi-dual events and team advancement tournaments, the sequence determined by the draw will be followed for that day’s subsequent dual-meet competition; the subsequent dual meet shall begin one weight class beyond the starting weight class of the previ- ous round. The following procedure shall be used for all random draws:

a. The random draw shall take place immediately preceding weigh-ins.

b. The referee or other authorized person shall supervise the random draw.

c. Subsequent matches will follow in the traditional order.

While you can reorder the starting weight class in a tournament, the part of the rule about it being a "random draw" would create a issue with ending at a specific weight. I'm sure the powers that be could amazingly find a way to randomly draw the premier weight class to go last, but I don't see the IHSAA going along with that type of "random."

Ok so let's "random draw" ;)  and start at 138 

I don't think anyone is downplaying Red. These posts are about 50/50 for each wrestler. Some are saying red wins and some say Lee wins.

you may be right except Lee fans go overboard. Yesterday should have taught you to temper expectation. You pass out the crown at the coronation; NOT BEFORE. Edited by Major Ursula

you may be right except Lee fans go overboard. Yesterday should have taught you to temper expectation. You pass out the crown at the coronation; NOT BEFORE.

Someone needs to get the word to the powers that be at the central sectional. I saw them passing out crowns BEFORE WRESTLING EVEN STARTED. No coronation or nothin.

Hey , bottom line is if Red and Lee meet it will last longer than 34 seconds and we the fans will get a match to remember either way .. Win Win for the fans !!! Both Studs Period.

Or, it could be another one sides match as it was with Micic/Lee! There was a lot of talk headed into that match. When the dust settled, there wasn't much talk as Micic put on a clinic and in my opinion, reserved humiliation for the young lad. I'd like to see Lee win this year, but he has a big hurdle in the way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.