Nick Lee 132 ?

1gold

i think a healthy lee would beat red 4-1. red isn't very dominate at all against people who are totally unafraid. lee is a different breed psychologically than most of reds opponents. ive seen way worse wrestlers than lee refuse to lay down against red and that alone frustrated red and left him unable to dominate. if lee got the first takedown, he would win.

Do you have some examples of some matches where lesser opponents frustrated Red? I have watched some of his matches with the country's best and haven't seen this supposed frustration.

I'm not going to get into predicting something that is still 4 weeks away......    But I have to think there is some familiarity between the two.  Didn't they both wrestle at the Scholastic Duals or Cadet Duals 2 years ago?  Being similar weights, would there not be a lot of drilling and practicing together for such an event?  I know it's not a live match, but there has to be some familiarity, no?

in the mater dei holiday classic finals...the kid he wrestled kept it pretty close - red was visibly frustrated the entire time and looked overly aggressive/sloppy. an elite wrestler like lee would've beat him in that match.  red was not impressive at all in that match.

Didn't see the match, but let's give Keegan Duncan a little credit.  He is a returning KY State Champion.  He finished 3rd at the IMPO, losing to Breyden Bailey 3-1 in SV.  He beat Austin Bethel from Mt. Vernon before getting TF'd by Nick Lee in the MD Classic the previous year.  May not have been Chad's best match, but Duncan is no slouch.

95% of the kids red wrestles are beat before the match. red's strategy (using reputation and intimidation) means he usually doesnt face any legitimate competition - most teenagers are easy to intimidate - they lay down when they hear about then see red. he isnt conditioned mentally to face mentally tough great wrestlers. this strategy works in high school but he will run into trouble in college when he can't intimidate everybody he faces 

I am a huge Lee fan and even I find this argument to be the purest of speculation based on what you want to believe. There is no way you can know any of what you claim to know. Pulling for one wrestler does not mean you have to put down another wrestler or minimize his achievements.  

95% of the kids red wrestles are beat before the match. red's strategy (using reputation and intimidation) means he usually doesnt face any legitimate competition - most teenagers are easy to intimidate - they lay down when they hear about then see red. he isnt conditioned mentally to face mentally tough great wrestlers. this strategy works in high school but he will run into trouble in college when he can't intimidate everybody he faces 

I'm calling that a bunch of Hooey!   Red is undefeated in HS, a multiple major tournament National Champion and has major skills.  He lost twice to Taylor Lamont, yet has come back to beat him twice in a row.  He's shown talent and the resilience to beat guys who have beaten him before.  Comments like this just show a ridiculous lack of respect to Chad Red.  

Who are Lee and Red's common opponents?  

I could only find 2 using their Track profiles, going back to 2013.  I may have missed some.

Gaige Torres - Red beats 9-2 for 2015 State; Lee wins 15-4 at ISWA Folkstyle State in March 2014.  Also beat him in Freesyle and Greco in 2013.

Keegan Duncan - Red wins 11-5 at MD Classic 2015.  Lee wins 22-9 and 23-7 at MD Classic in 2013 & 2014.

Those results don't tell me anything. 

Up to this point in his career Nick Lee will be the toughest opponent Chad Red has faced. This is the real deal. An undefeated 4 time state Champion title is on the line against the best opponent that can face him on the mat.

Lukes Pletcher, Taylor Lemont and others would disagree about Lee being his toughest opponent.

Once Y2 deletes the troll we can get back to business!  

Thanks for the common opponents SWIN....Lee has beaten both common opponents by a wider margin and only confirm my guess..

LEE over RED 8-5

Neither wrestler will dominate as it will likely be a 4-3 or 3-2 type match but I hope Lee turns it on and pushes Red to his limits.

RED!!!! #1 in the NATION!!! BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are some of yall SERIOUS???? HAHAHAHA

I forgot to mention he's UNDEFEATED!!!!!

Isaiah Martinez was number one and undefeated too but guess what he got pinned this past week anything can happen.

RED!!!! #1 in the NATION!!! BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are some of yall SERIOUS???? HAHAHAHA

I forgot to mention he's UNDEFEATED!!!!!

Isaiah Martinez was number one and undefeated too but guess what he got pinned this past week anything can happen.

Lukes Pletcher, Taylor Lemont and others would disagree about Lee being his toughest opponent.

Lee has beat Lemont

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.